This chunky saucy jalapeño salsa is a fantastic Whole 30 compliance salsa excellent for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, with subtle sweet notes from the tomato sauce and a spicy bite from the jalapeos.
Chunky Saucy Jalapeño Salsa
My husband just commented on how much he enjoys having fresh, homemade salsa in the fridge. I regarded this as a huge complement because I’ve been making a concerted effort to cook salsa more frequently.
My parents’ refrigerator is always stocked with homemade salsa. If you haven’t noticed from the majority of my blogs, I tend to cook in the style of my parents. So it’s time for some more salsa!
My go-to salsa is a simple jalapeño salsa that goes with virtually anything. I’ve already written about that recipe on the site.
That is an absolutely amazing salsa, however, I do like to switch up my salsa game. Thankfully, my parents are salsa-making masters who always have different recipes for me to try.
Today’s Salsa Recipe
Today’s chunky saucy jalapeño salsa recipe is a spin-off of one of my dad’s favorite salsas. My parents assisted me in developing this concept in response to my request for a Whole30-compliant version for the blog.
I’ve already prepared this salsa five times since my conversation with my folks two weeks ago. Not because I needed to put it to the test, but because this salsa is so delicious and simple to make that I can’t stop eating it.
This thick, spicy jalapeño salsa is unlike anything other. Rather than blending all of the ingredients together, the veggies in this recipe are chopped into large chunks. After that, everything is sautéed in a little olive oil before being mixed with tomato sauce.
The result is a deliciously saucy, yet chunky tomato and jalapeño salsa packed full of flavor and a nice spicy kick.
So let’s get to it!
Ways to Serve It
The Sharpest Japanese Kitchen Knife Takes Brazil By Storm
This salsa goes well with a variety of foods. Serve it with eggs, beans, or tortilla chips as a dip. You may also use it to smother a quesadilla, top chicken breasts with it, or smother shredded pork or chicken with it.
It’s also delicious with chicken flautas. The recipe can be found here.
Serve it on top of huevos with tortilla, which is my personal favorite. This quick and delicious breakfast recipe may be found here.
Let me know how you plan to use this chunky, saucy jalapeo salsa in the comments section below.
I hope you enjoy yourselves!
Chunky Saucy Jalapeño Salsa Full Recipe
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 jalapeños
- 1 tomato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Wash and chop the jalapeños, tomato, and white onion into bite-sized pieces. Mince the garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a small pot on medium heat. Sauté the garlic and onion for about minute, making sure not to burn either the garlic or the onion.
- Add the chopped jalapeño and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomato and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato sauce and chicken broth.
- Season with ¼ teaspoon of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Bring to a simmer. Let the salsa simmer for about 6 minutes until the jalapeños are somewhat tender and the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust salt to your preference.
For Whole30, use a compliant brand of chicken broth or make your own.
Ears Ringing? When Tinnitus Won't Stop, Do This!
recommended by Dr. Davis (licensed and certified American Doctor of Audiology with over 15 years)