The heated electric lunch box is the most frequently used lunch box by school children. They can carry lunch and snacks from home to school in the box. Electric heated lunch boxes are generally small in size, which is why they are most popular. In most cases, the clasp and handle are printed with colorful images reflecting films or generic materials. The invention of the heated electric lunch box dates back to the 1950s, when lithographed metal was first used to create the lunch box.
We also have compiled a guide that will help you choose electric lunch box, if you are looking for the best one.
Electric lunch boxes need maintenance and must be heated. The most likely result is that it develops stick and smells dirty if the surface is not kept clean. In this article, we discuss how to properly clean up the heated electric lunch box, and general maintenance tips.
If your child eats hot food from the heated electric lunch box, it is essential to train them to discard the scraps and rubbish that remains. By doing so, you can prevent smells, stickiness, and dirt from accumulating. You can also use the homemade antibacterial to wipe any remaining food or/and dirt from the lunch box. You can clean the lunch box with a tea towel after this step.
Use the Washing Machine
Regardless of the type and quality of the heated electric lunch box, it is logical to wash the lunch box using the washing machine on a gentle cycle. Performing this step will help to keep the lunch box clean, but in a weak way. As with the tea towels and tablecloths, you can apply this method in the same cycle. To avoid damage to your heated electric lunch box, be sure to always read the instructions and care labels.
How to Hand Wash the Lunch Box
According to the care label on the lunch box, you should hand wash the lunch box if you cannot wash it in the washing machine. The process will take a few minutes. You will need baking soda (this is optional), a tea towel, a toothbrush, a cloth or sponge, water, and dish detergent in this case. Here are the instructions:
- Fill the sink with warm water.
- Swish a teaspoon of detergent through the water.
- Put the heated electric lunchbox into the water gently.
- Wipe over the electric lunch box with a sponge or cloth, paying attention to the corners.
- Next, use the toothbrush to clean up the crumbs from the zippers and to remove any food stuck to the seams.
- Clean the electric lunch box with clean water.
- The tea towel can then be used to dry.
- If you would like the lunch box to dry overnight, you can leave it on the dishrack. A better option is to hang it on the clothesline so that it can thoroughly dry.
- If the lunch box still smells bad even after thorough washing, sprinkle some baking soda into the seams and corners and allow it to sit overnight. In the morning, shake the drink and wipe it over with a damp cloth.
If the heated electric lunch box has any stubborn stains, you can use water and baking powder to make a paste and allow it to sit over the stains for some time before wiping them away. Baking powder helps to prevent any bacteria from growing on the heated electric lunch box, which is why it removes stains and bad odors.
Shop & Donate
For every purchase in the month of March 2022, we will donate $5 from every transaction to a selected charity every month. Place your order today by visiting our store!
Using the Electric Lunchbox
Electric lunch boxes are designed with several features that prevent theft. Among them are:
- The Inverted Zipper Design – Most other types of lunchboxes have the zipper facing outward. The lunchbox is so easy to open that anyone behind you can steal what you’re keeping inside. Therefore, the electric lunchbox often has an inverted zipper system. Zippers are fixed on the backside of the hydration pack instead of facing outward.
- The Ballistic Nylon Materials – Besides grabbing valuable items out of unguarded pockets, pickpockets often slash at the flimsy bags. Because of this, the electric lunch boxes are made from ballistic nylon. Your valuables will be protected by the cut-resistant fabric from aggressive pickpockets.
- Protective Zipper Clips – There is an external zipper on the electric lunchbox to help it fit in its bladder. For added security, manufacturers add a clip to the zipper of the electric lunchbox.
- Frontal Phone Pouch – Phones are one of the most valuable and essential items people carry with them. This may be to allow photo and video capture for memories. The electric lunchbox is designed with the additional feature of keeping the phone secure and accessible at all times.