How to clean gallon water bottles? Most people use a gallon water bottle to store drinks. These bottles come in handy for a variety of purposes.
However, sometimes these bottles can get dirty. Luckily, there’s a way to clean a gallon water bottle. Read this article until end to know more about how to clean gallon water bottles. In this blog, we also have an article about best gallon water bottle that you might want to read about it.
What Is A Gallon Water Bottle
A gallon water bottle is a large container used to hold water. They are often used for water storage and are usually made of plastic. The most common size is 2.5 gallons, but they can come in other sizes as well.
Gallon water bottles are very useful for storing water, especially when you don’t know how much water you will need to drink for the day or week. They have many uses around your home and office and are an important part of any household’s inventory.
Water bottles can be found at most major retailers, including grocery stores, discount department stores and warehouse clubs. Many larger retailers also carry gallon water bottles as well. Some online retailers also offer these products. Sometimes you may even find them at restaurants that serve bottled water.
How to Clean Gallon Water Bottles
We have one of those big drink dispenser sitting in the corner of the kitchen and I just love them. We bought one the day we moved into this house and honestly, we couldn’t survive without it. We originally got it as a safety precaution, but now we’re addicted! We originally got it because were unsure about drinking well water at first and we just got used too having instant hot and cold water available anytime we wanted it. Here are the steps for how to clean gallon water bottles:
- Step 1: Remove all labels from the bottle. You’ll want to do this before cleaning because they can get stuck if there is residue left behind after using the bottle.
- Step 2: Fill the gallon water bottle half full with warm water.
- Step 3: Add dish soap (or baking soda). Make sure you check the label on the bottle for specific directions. Different types require different amounts of soap or soda. For example, some require less than others. It depends on what kind of material the bottle was made out of. Plastic bottles usually require a lot of soap while glass bottles should not contain anything more than a few drops of soap. The amount of soap required varies depending on whether the bottle contains residuals from previous usage or not. Soap does help prevent the buildup of minerals like lime deposits inside the container which eventually makes the water taste bad. Even though you’ll see some gallon water bottles labeled “no soap” this doesn’t mean it always means no soap. There are certain brands that say no soap as long as the bottle hasn’t been washed in over six months. That means you could still wash the bottle with soap even though it says no soap on the label. After all, you’re only washing it for 6 minutes anyway. Just don’t forget to read the label!
- Step 4: Let the bottle sit for 30 seconds. Do not put more than 5 gallons of water into the bottle at once. Otherwise, the cap won’t close all the way.
- Step 5: Turn off the faucet completely. Drain any remaining water from the bottle and let the cap sit until dry. Then remove the cap and throw it away.
- Step 6: Use the new cap to screw back onto the bottle. Wash the bottle by running it under warm water.
- Step 7: Rinse the bottle thoroughly. Dry the bottle with a soft towel. Be careful not to damage the bottle.
- Step 8: Once done rinsing, set the bottle aside to drain.
Consideration Before Choosing Gallon Water
Do you know what you are getting yourself into when you buy a gallon of water? You are setting yourself up for a lot of potential problems. Here are some consideration before choosing gallon water:
- Check the expiration date on your bottled water. Store it in a cool place out of direct sunlight. If possible, store it somewhere between 55-60 degrees Farenheit. This will ensure optimal freshness. When storing water in extreme temperatures, make sure it’s not going to be opened again within 12 hours. This will allow the water to stay fresh longer.
- Look for a wide mouth seal so you can easily add ice cubes. A narrow opening is very hard to open and close properly. Also look for an easy pull handle. This will eliminate the chance of the cap popping off during transportation.
- Avoid buying a water filter that has a plastic sleeve around the bottom portion. These sleeves tend to become brittle after repeated use and might break apart if dropped.
- Never use tap water unless absolutely necessary. Tap water may contain contaminants including lead and bacteria. This can cause major health problems for children. Also, there’s no guarantee the water is safe to drink. In fact, many cities have banned drinking their own tap water because they find something wrong with it.
- Buy a good quality bottle. With today’s technology, you can actually purchase a high-quality bottled water that costs much better than most other sources. In fact, you can go to websites where you can compare prices on various kinds of bottled water.
Our Latest Post:
- The Best 3 Dough Rolling Machines (According to Amazon Customers)
- 30 Inch Gas Stove Top With Griddle Reviews: Which is the Best One?
- Can You Bake In An Electric Skillet? Yes! Here Are Superb 7 Steps To Do It!
I love cooking because it's so relaxing! I just put on my favorite tunes, and then get to work. First I'll look up what kind of food I want to cook, and find a good recipe for it. Then when the meal is ready everyone usually can't stop telling me how much they loved everything that was made. It makes me feel really accomplished knowing that people liked what I made for them!