In the Asian kitchen, steaming is common…
…cooking technique for reheating meals or leftovers.
Ovens are not commonly used to prepare meals in Asia.
The steaming technique, on the other hand, has become familiar…
…to every household there, resulting in the use of bamboo steamers…
…as smart kitchen tools for making foods, soups, cakes, and sweets.
You don’t have to spend as much time in the kitchen with a…
…bamboo steamer and you still get a nutritious dinner with…
…plenty of vitamins and natural colors. We also have an article about…
…what to make in bamboo steamer that might help you…
…to find out what to cook for you!
Our Top Picks of Bamboo Food Steamer on Amazon
If you want to join the trend and start steaming your food…
…I’ve compiled a list of the 5 best bamboo steamer reviews…
…on Amazon for you.
|Mister Kitchenware 10 Inch Handmade Bamboo Steamer, 2 Tier Baskets, Healthy Cooking for Vegetables, Dim Sum Dumplings, Buns, Chicken Fish & Meat Included Chopsticks, 10 Liners & Sauce Dish||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Yuho Asian Kitchen 6 Inch Bamboo Steamer Basket, Individually Box, 2 Tiers & Lid, 10 Parchment Liners, Perfect For Steaming Dumplings, Vegetables, Meat, Fish, Rice||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|BirdRock Home 10 Inch Bamboo Steamer for Cooking Vegetables and Dumplings - Classic Traditional 2 Tier Design - Healthy Food Prep - Great for Dim Sum, Chicken, Fish, Veggies - Steam Basket - Natural||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Hcooker 3 Tier Kitchen Bamboo Steamer with Stainless Steel Banding for Asian Cooking Buns Dumplings Vegetables Fish Rice||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Flexzion Bamboo Steamer Basket Set (8 inch) with Stainless Steel Banding 50x Steamer Liners and 2 Pairs of Chopsticks, Chinese Steamer for Cooking Food||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
Mister Kitchenware Professional Bamboo Steamer
The bottom of the steamer is made of slatted bamboo…
…allowing steam to circulate throughout the entire structure.
Here’s why we put it on the number one list, this steamer basket…
…is fantastic! It came with a small dipping bowl, chopsticks, and…
…reusable steaming inserts. Today was the first time I used it to…
…steam tamales. I lined the baskets with corn husks and piled my…
…tamales on top. You can fit 10 in each basket, and there was no…
…lingering odor once the cooking was finished! It’s well-made and…
…of decent quality. This vendor and item come highly recommended!
A must-have for authentic Asian cuisine!
- Well build, snappy cleaning
- Cook quickly
- The parts fit properly
- The price is fair for the product and accessories
- 60 days’ full money-back guarantee
- Cheesecloth bottom prevents food from falling into the water
- The added items sometimes are missing
- Construction is a bit light and thin
Here’s Melisa’s story…
Living life as a housewife is fun…
…we are always in a situation where we can make food.
Lately my son often asks for dim sum to be made on dinner dish.
I had a feeling that some cooking utensil was missing, and yes I knew it!
I need bamboo steamer to serve a dim sum.
but I do not know the details and advantages of each product.
Of course, the use of bamboo steamer that is not suitable will interfere…
…with the dim sum. Finally I decided to read an article on the internet…
…about bamboo steamer, after I understand the advantages…
…and disadvantages of each product, I ended up choosing one.
And now i had great bamboo steamer to help my kitchen work!
Bamboo steamers have become prominent to the Western world for its role in cooking and serving dim sum, particularly during the practice of yum cha.”Wikipedia.
Yuho Asian Perfect Kitchen Bamboo Steamer
It comes with precut parchment liners, which I really like!
It’s quite convenient. I did, however, burn the bottom since…
…I didn’t put in enough water and went away.
Depending on size, I was able to fit 5-6 handmade pork buns in.
- Easy to clean and dry quickly
- Excellent quality
- Sturdy construction
- Lots of room for steamtables
- Long-lasting because of using natural material
- The layers can be destroyed due to heavy foods
- Fingers can be stuck into the bottom if you are not careful while cleaning
It is simple to make your own dumplings if you want to try authentic Asian food.
Keep it going…
BirdRock Home Classic Traditional Bamboo Steamer
For two people, this is fantastic. You don’t need one that…
…takes up a lot of room and still does the job!
Overall, a decent bamboo steamer that is simple to use…
…and clean. Fits my wok and one of my saucepans…
…wonderfully; I’m really pleased with my purchase.
- Work great, steam well
- Reasonable price
- Natural product
- Friendly odor
- Easy to use and clean
- Nice looking steamer
- The bottom can be broken after a while
- There’s also a lot of splinters and cracks in the bamboo
- Compartment too short between layers
Are you there?
Hcooker Asian Kitchen Bamboo Steamer
This is a fantastic set that is both strong and practical.
I’ll even cover other skillets and things with the lid to keep the…
To use, you’ll need a large pot like mine, a huge wok works best…
…and you’ll need a steamer rack on the bottom if you’re going to…
…use all three tire steamers, or you can do what I do and only use…
…the top two tire steamers, leaving the bottom empty.
- Well-constructed and spacious
- Very well made and good looking
- The steamer provides evenly and steady steam for the whole tiers
- Easy to use, sturdy and effective
- The size is small
- Be careful when cleaning, if not you accidentally stick your fingers into the bottom
Flexzion Authentic Bamboo Steamer
It’s easy to use and maintain. After a few dozen steams, the barrel’s…
…inner lining appears to be buckling. As a preventative measure…
…against mildew and mold, I store the components individually.
- Perfect for size
- Sturdy and beautiful
- Very good constructed
- Easy to clean and use
- Include 2 set chopsticks and 50 sheets of perforated parchment paper
- Retain vitamins and minerals
- Cook quickly and evenly
- The rivets have already started rusting after using a few weeks
- The top cover warped and likely the adhesive holding the slats together wore out
Here’s the thing…
Bamboo Steamer Buying Guide
When purchasing a bamboo steamer, the first thing…
…to consider is the quality, as this will have an impact on safety.
You don’t want the steamer to break when it’s sitting on top of boiling water.
Despite the fact that many models have a similar appearance…
…the manner they are made might vary substantially.
Before you go out and buy a great bamboo steamer, keep the…
…following items in mind:
- Safety: I already mentioned durability, but there is also another aspect of safety. As you will cook the food directly on the bamboo wood, you should opt for a model that is free from BPA or other chemicals treatment.
- Reliability: There are tons of products available to buy but not all of them undergo quality checks. It is good advice to choose a product from the brand that exists already for a long time and provides some form of warranty.
- Size Level: Especially when cooking authentic Asian dumplings, you most likely prepare a lot of dough and hence it would be convenient if you can squeeze all dumplings into one steamer. Thus, it is an advantage to choose a steamer with more than 2 layers. Finally, you need to buy a diameter size that fits with your existing cookware at home.
- Fitting Lid: When buying the steamer device, you should pick one where the lid perfectly matched the body. This prevents the steam from escaping so that food cooks more quickly. If the lid has a ring for easy lifting, make sure it is firmly attached.
- Easily Care: Most bamboo steamers do not require special treatment as you can simply wash them by hand using warm water and a little soap. If however you really hate to wash dishes by hand, you may want to choose one that is dishwasher safe.
A Mister Kitchenware Professional Bamboo Steamer is my…
…top pick from the list above.
This is due to its solid structural construction and low cost.
This is a well-designed item that will serve you well for a long time.
If you want to live a healthy lifestyle, you should invest in one of…
…the steamers listed above. This is due to the fact that all of…
…the products listed above are both environmentally friendly and simple to use.
As previously stated, the steaming method of cooking is the best because…
…it preserves the flavor, color, and nutrients of your food. You also don’t have to add…
…fats or oils, which can raise cholesterol levels and cause other health problems.
Was this helpful?
Hi there! I’m a food enthusiast and journalist, and I have a real passion for food that goes beyond the kitchen. I love my dream job and I’m lucky enough to be able to share my knowledge with readers of several large media outlets. My specialty is writing engaging food-related content, and I take pride in being able to connect with my audience. I’m known for my creativity in the kitchen, and I’m confident that I can be the perfect guide for anyone looking to take their culinary journey to the next level.