We may have the solution here for those who aren’t fussy about their brewing system or simply looking for an affordable coffee maker that will still please them. It’s the Black and Decker CM2035B coffee maker. There are no unnecessary features that would cause the price to skyrocket with this unit.
Take a look at all its positive and negative aspects, so that you’ll be in a position to make an informed decision on whether this will be your next kitchen appliance.
Performance and Functionality
Black and Decker kept it simple but added just enough features and functionality to keep us satisfied. With the CM2035B, you can adjust the number of cups brewed, even as low as one or two. You can also have your cup brewed until the carafe is placed back on the platter using the ‘Sneak-a-cup’ feature.
With this kind of functionality, you can use this drip coffee maker at home or at the office. Despite our mediocre expectations, this machine often fails to live up to them. Its thermal carafe does keep coffee hot for a long time, but nowhere near the eight hours it advertises. You can keep your coffee hot for the morning with this.
Despite the delicious taste, not everyone will be impressed. If you use a premium blend of coffee, this machine can actually make a decent cup. A certain amount of the decent taste can be attributed to Black & Decker’s Evenstream Showerhead technology. Because of this feature, the CM2035B can evenly wet the coffee grounds, leading to a more effective aroma extraction process.
The Brewing Process
Brewing a full carafe of coffee takes about 15 minutes. This is why the “sneak-a-cup” feature is so useful and necessary. During the brew, you can remove the carafe and pour yourself a fresh cup while the machine automatically shuts off the rest of the brew until you place the carafe back on the plate.
Therefore, brewing a cup can take up to a minute. However, the overall brewing time is slower than other drip coffee makers.
The appearance of your machine is important, no matter what the features or price are, right? With a metal and black plastic outer case, it looks just as good as many other models in its class. Simple lines make for a minimalist style that should work with your home’s decor.
It’s practical and sleek at the same time. The designers made large buttons instead of the tiny switches often found on modern machines. They’re located at the front, so you can easily reach them, and you can see what to press.
The carafe can be removed quickly and easily from the front while water and coffee can be added at the top. Place it where there is enough clearance on top.
- Dimensions: 8”(W) x 12” (D) x 13”(H)
- Weight: 4lb
- Water capacity: 12 cups
- Carafe: Stainless steel
We also have compiled a guide that will help you choose black and decker coffee maker, if you are looking for the best one.
As with many machines in its class, it’s built with plastic and metal parts. Additionally, it’s great that the carafe is made of steel and not glass like some others, so it’s more durable.
Many parts can be put in the dishwasher, so you know this isn’t a delicate machine.
However, it does not deliver on all its promises. According to many users, the CM2035B breaks down or malfunctions within a year of purchase. This is not a high-end machine, and its lifespan reflects that.
Which of these features are the ones that will make you buy it?
- Vacuum sealed: The carafe is sealed tightly, so your coffee stays hot longer than in most other machines.
- Perfect Pour: The spout design prevents coffee dripping after pouring your cup.
- Customizable: QuickTouch functions make programming easy. You can select the strength of your next brew by choosing from these options:
- Informative: Know how long the coffee has been standing by glancing at the LCD display. This fresh brew timer can count up to 120 minutes.
- Auto features: You can use Auto Brew and Auto Shutoff for convenience and to save energy. You can also program it to have coffee ready when you wake in the morning.
- Sneak a Cup: Pull out the carafe even in the middle of brewing. You can pour a cup after the filtering stops for 20 seconds.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Here is the part that many of us dislike, right? You need to descale it occasionally, as with most brewing systems. The only downside to this machine is that it doesn’t notify you when to do this. That’s something lower end machines often lack.
You should do this once a month, according to the manufacturer. It is fairly simple to do. Pour vinegar and water into the machine and let it brew. Afterward, rinse with clean water to remove the vinegar completely.
The rest of the machine is easy to clean:
- With the carafe’s wide mouth, you can easily clean it by hand with soapy water
- Both the brew basket and carafe can be put in the dishwasher
- The exterior is smooth enough to wipe down easily
- You can also wash the brew basket with soapy water
Be careful not to use corrosive cleaning products on the metal surface.