Chili’s chicken enchilada soup is a classic American dish that is loved by many. If you’re looking to impress your friends or family with your culinary skills, learn how to make chili’s chicken enchilada soup the right way.
This soup is made of chicken enchiladas, cheese sauce, and sour cream, and can be served with tortilla chips as an appetizer or as a main course. By following these simple steps, you’ll be able to create a delicious and satisfying chili’s chicken enchilada soup recipe that everyone will love!
What is Chili’s Chicken Enchilada Soup
Mexican food called an enchilada is made of a maize tortilla wound around a filling and topped with a tasty sauce.
Chili’s chicken enchilada soup is a delicious and comforting meal that is loved by many. It features shredded chicken, black beans, tortillas, and cheese inside of a tomato-based broth. It can be made in many different ways, so there is sure to be a soup that you love.
Some tips for making the best chili’s chicken enchilada soup include simmering the broth until thickened and adding diced tomatoes at the end for extra flavor. It can also be served with warm tortilla chips and sour cream if desired! So what are you waiting for? Make this delicious soup today and enjoy the delicious flavors for years to come!
Chili’s Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red enchilada sauce mix
- 3 cups frozen corn 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado, diced
- In a large pot, heat the chicken broth over medium heat until boiling.
- Add the black beans and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- To prepare the chili enchilada soup, mix together chili powder, cumin and salt, and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Set aside
- Heat tortillas in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for 5-7 minutes or until soft enough to break into pieces with your hands but still crisp on the outside.
- In a large soup pot, heat the onion and garlic over medium heat until softened. Add the chili enchilada sauce mix and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in corn, cheddar cheese, and avocado to the chili enchilada sauce mixture. Simmer for another 5-7 minutes or until warmed through
- Pour chicken broth into the soup pot with tortilla pieces and simmer for 10 more minutes or until the tortillas are fully tender. Serve hot! Enjoy this delicious chili enchilada soup with tortilla chips and sour cream if desired! Enjoy!
Note: Mix around 1-2 tablespoons of whole wheat flour with some cold water, add it to the soup, and let it simmer for a few more minutes to thicken your enchilada soup. Another choice for thickening the soup would be to puree some of the beans and add them back in.
Chili’s chicken enchilada soup is a classic favorite and for good reason – it’s delicious! But why is it so good? Well, the recipe is simple but delicious – perfect for a winter night.
How to serve chili’s chicken enchilada soup?
When it comes to chili’s chicken enchilada soup, there’s no wrong way to do it. However, there are a few things that will make it taste even better. One of the most important things to remember is to heat it up and serve it in bowls. This will prevent the soup from becoming too thick or sour.
Additionally, if you’re serving this soup to a large crowd, prepare two separate batches and store the leftovers in the fridge for later. Another great way to serve chili’s chicken enchilada soup is to add sour cream and cheese before serving. This will help the cheese melt into the soup and make it even more delicious.
If you’re looking for a special garnish, avocado slices are a great option! Finally, serve chili’s chicken enchilada soup with tortilla chips on the side for dipping.
Frequently Asked Questions
Did chilis get rid of chicken enchilada soup?
Enchilada soup from Chili was a rich, cheesy soup that was ideal for a chilly winter day. Chicken, tomatoes, onions, and peppers were used to make the soup, which had cheese and sour cream on top. Customers said that the hearty soup satiated them. Chili’s has chosen to stop serving the soup, nevertheless.
Can I substitute any of the ingredients for something else?
Absolutely! You can substitute any of the ingredients for other ones, as long as the recipe is still followed. Some of the commonly substituted ingredients include beef, chicken broth, tomato sauce, enchilada sauce, potatoes. Always read the recipe directions completely before starting to cook in order to avoid any disasters.
Is it safe to eat hot food right after swimming or sweating?
Yes, it is safe to eat hot food right after swimming or sweating. However, make sure to follow safety tips when doing so to avoid foodborne illness. As mentioned, swimming or sweating can increase your susceptibility to foodborne illness, so it is important to take the following precautions when eating hot food:
- Make sure your food is cooked thoroughly before eating, and that no raw ingredients are present.
- You should reheat any leftovers in a microwave-safe bowl or container.
Chili’s chicken enchilada soup is a delicious and comforting soup that can be enjoyed by anyone. By following the simple steps outlined in this blog, you can create a delicious and comforting soup that will surely satisfy your cravings. Make sure to share the recipe with your friends and family, and enjoy!
Was this helpful?
Hi there! I’m a food enthusiast and journalist, and I have a real passion for food that goes beyond the kitchen. I love my dream job and I’m lucky enough to be able to share my knowledge with readers of several large media outlets. My specialty is writing engaging food-related content, and I take pride in being able to connect with my audience. I’m known for my creativity in the kitchen, and I’m confident that I can be the perfect guide for anyone looking to take their culinary journey to the next level.