Nutritionists from Los Angeles and Chicago to Toronto and Montreal in Canada, as well as London and Leeds in the United Kingdom, praise the health benefits of steamed food.
However, unless you use a BPA-free or free plastic electric steamers cooker, there’s a chance that endocrine disruptors like Bisphenol-A, also known as BPA, are contaminating your vegetables and meat.
We’ll look at how these potentially toxic chemicals affect your health, as well as where you can get a BPA free plastic electric steamers with non-plastic baskets or BPA-free plastic racks.
Plastic Cookware May Leach Toxic Chemicals into Your Food
Endocrine disruptors, which can mess with your hormones, can be found in a variety of plastic products, including best electric food steamers. Bisphenol-A, or BPA, is a well-known endocrine disruptor that is frequently found in foods stored or heated in bowls, pots, and containers with plastic interiors or other plastic parts that come into contact with food.
While the use of BPA in most plastic products is still permitted in the United States, mounting evidence suggests that significant BPA exposure is linked to asthma, infertility, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), impaired cerebral development and learning disabilities in children, hormone-dependent cancers, thyroid problems, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and a slew of other health issues. As a result, consumers have begun to demand free plastic electric steamers, and you can now find everything from non-plastic electric kettles to free plastic electric steamers.
Finding Free Plastic Electric Steamers in the US, Canada or UK
Despite the fact that a food steamer use heat, which makes plastic components even more likely to leach toxic chemicals like BPA, manufacturers of digital table-top steamers have been slow to respond to rising consumer demand for BPA-free cookware.
The Stainless Steel Option: Secura 3-Tier 6-Quart Stainless Steel Electric Food Steamer
- In addition to not tainting your food with toxic chemicals leaching out of plastic, this stainless steel electric steamer of course also offers the usual benefits of steam-cooked food, that is, more nutrients and more flavor (compared with boiled foods, for example
- It comes with three stackable steam baskets, which means you can cook entire meals at one go, without having to worry about flavors mixing
- The automatic shut-down function turns the machine off should the water level get too low – no more burned food!
- It heats up fast, generating steam within 15 seconds after your switch it on according to the manufacturer; however; some user reviews suggest that it may actually take a bit longer than that.
The Free Plastic Electric Steamers Option: Aroma 5-Quart Food Steamer with BPA-Free Double Tiers
- In addition to having BPA-free cooking surfaces, this electric steamer of course also offers the usual nutritional and culinary benefits of steam-cooked food
- With 5-quart capacity and two trays, this handy kitchen appliance allows you to cook different foods simultaneously
- It has a built-in timer which shuts off the machine automatically at the appropriate time
- It comes with a very reasonable price tag.
Of course, you could just buy a stainless steel steamer basket that fits a standard sauce pan, or a stainless steel stove-top steamer with two or three tiers if you don’t mind paying a little more. These are good alternatives to electric countertop steamers because they cook vegetables, fish, and meat in the same way that electric table-top models do, and they’re also widely available in stores across North America and the United Kingdom. They do, however, have some disadvantages when compared to electric models.
To begin, make sure the pan doesn’t boil dry – electric steam cookers rarely run out of water, and when they do, they emit an audible signal, allowing you to refill them while they’re still on. Second, stove-top steamers typically do not have the same capacity as electric steamers, making them less suitable for larger families.
Hello, I'm Vidi! Writing and food are two very interesting things. Writing is a way to express myself, and food will be the best thing to accompany it.
It is a dream for me to be able to try as many types of food as possible, because each food has its own characteristics and story.
So far, with my traveling hobby, several places I've visited have never missed to try regional specialties. it is a pleasure in itself. who wouldn't be interested in that? I really want to spend my time exploring the world, visiting every best place, and of course trying every special dish. So i'll get lot of ideas to write about food with my experience.