This holiday season, impress your guests and family by learning how to make a healthy meat and cheese platter recipe. I’ve also included ideas for meat and cheese platters, as well as other accompaniments, so you can make something you’ll enjoy.
Learn how to set up a meat and cheese tray, as well as everything there is to know about Port wine. What’s the simplest way to prepare appetizers for a holiday party or family get-together? Assembling a meat and cheese platter. It doesn’t get much easier than this.
My favorite party trick is a great go-to meat and cheese tray. It’ll only take me a few minutes to put it together. There is no tension at all. Despite this, the meat and cheese board always looks so elegant and delicious. Even though I know how simple it is, it still impresses me right after I make it!
A meat and cheese board can be made with only two ingredients: cheese and meat. However, if you want to turn the simple appetizer into a delectable, gourmet experience that is also nutritionally beneficial, you can pile your platter with fresh fruits, nuts, spreads or dips, and, why not, a good Port wine? After all, it’s the holidays!
You might be a little intimidated if you’ve never put together a meat and cheese platter before. But don’t worry, I’m here to walk you through everything you need to know about how to make a meat and cheese platter and what to put on one. So, this season, wow your guests with an elegant platter bursting with delectable flavors. Make sure you have a bottle of port wine on hand as well. Because we all know how well cheese and wine go together.
How To Arrange a Meat and Cheese Tray
After you chose the meats, cheeses, and accompaniments you want on the cheese and meat tray, it’s time to put everything together. How to arrange a meat and cheese tray to make it look mouth-watering?
- First, make sure the meats, breads, crackers, and fruits are bite-sized. And stay away from smelly best cheese if you don’t know your guests’ preferences. Some people love them a lot. Others not so much. Better safe than sorry.
- Slice the firm cheese thinly or cut it into small cubes and place a cheese knife close to the cheese board for the soft cheeses.
- If you plan to have 3 types of cheese, opt for 3 types of meats. And so on.
- Always include different colors, textures, and flavors.
- Alternate cheeses with meats and fill the gaps with fruits, nuts, and the rest of the accompaniments. The meat and cheese board has to look full.
- Use small boards for small crowds. An empty board doesn’t look too good.
- Arrange the meat and cheese board 30 minutes before your guests will arrive or a few hours ahead if the board fits in your fridge. Take the board out of the fridge 15 minutes before serving. Cheese tastes better at room temperature.
Healthy Meat and Cheese Platter Full Recipe
Shop & Donate
For every purchase in the month of March 2022, we will donate $5 from every transaction to a selected charity every month. Place your order today by visiting our store!
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/2 cup green and kalamata olives
- 1/2 lb deli turkey, thinly sliced
- 1 whole wheat pita bread, sliced
- 10 whole wheat crackers
- 10 flaxseed crackers
- 2 cups green grapes
- 2 cups red grapes
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup raw pistachios
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 8 oz blue cheese
- 4 oz strawberry chia jam
- 4 oz uncured salami
- 4 oz uncured pepperoni
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar, cubed
- 8 oz gouda, divided into triangles
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 bottle Llano Estacado Cellar Select Port
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, for garnish
- Start with the bowls of hummus, jam, raw honey, and olives.
- Add the meat and learn how to make a charcuterie board.
- Add the cheeses.
- Balance out with crackers.
- Arrange fruits, nuts, and remainder of ingredients into small crevices and empty areas.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary.
- Enjoy with a glass of wine.