Are you missing the taste of hot dog chili from your favorite restaurant? Then this homemade hotdog chilli recipe is perfect for you! It’s easy to make and tastes better than anything you’ll find at the store. Plus, it’s great for using up leftovers or scraps from your hot dog cooking. So what are you waiting for? Make a batch of this delicious chili and enjoy every bite!
How to Make a Great Homemade hotdog Chilli
The winter season is the perfect time to cozy up with a good hot dog chili. This recipe is easy to make and full of flavor. Use ground beef that is 93% lean to keep it healthy and flavorful. Add a variety of spices and herbs to give it your own personal flavor profile. The best part?
This chili can be made in just 30 minutes! It’s the perfect chili to simmer on a cold winter day. Serve it with some cooked tortilla chips or rice for a hearty, warm meal.
Ingredients to make homemade hotdog chili
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika (or to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, chopped onions, sour cream.
Instructions for making hotdog chili
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown ground beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Drain any excess grease. Add in the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, chili powder, cumin powder, smoked paprika, and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to a low simmer (do not let boil). Simmer gently for 30 minutes while you prepare toppings of your choice.
- Serve hot dog chili with shredded cheese, chopped onions, and sour cream, if desired. Enjoy!
- If you’re making this recipe for a party, you can prepare the chili up to 2 days in advance and store it in an airtight container.
- This chili is vegan-friendly. If you do not have ground beef available, try using ground turkey or chickpeas instead.
Variations of Hotdog Chili
There are many variations of hot dog chili, some with beef and others using ground turkey. Some people like their chili with beans, while others prefer to omit them. Additionally, different cooks may add other spices such as cumin or garlic powder to give the chili its own unique flavor profile. Feel free to experiment with the recipe and see what you like!
Serving Suggestions for Your Homemade Hotdog Chili
Do you love hot dogs but hate the mess and caloric content of store-bought chili? Make your own at home with this delicious hot dog chili recipe! It’s perfect for hearty and delicious chili served over some soft tortillas or nachos. What’s more? Here are some serving suggestions for your homemade hotdog chili:
- Serve hot dog chili with a side of fresh buns or soft rolls.
- Add shredded cheese and diced onions to the chili for extra flavor and nutrition.
- Top hot dog chili with sour cream for a decadent and delicious meal.
- Serve chili hot with a side of cold beer to cool down on a hot summer day.
- Enjoy chili hot as a meal on its own or alongside some fries and a soft bun.
- If you have any leftovers, hot dog chili can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days. Just heat it up and enjoy!
So there you have it! A recipe for homemade hot dog chili that is vegan-friendly and perfect for a fun and easy party recipe. Whether you’re feeding a large crowd or just want to enjoy some delicious chili with your favorite hot dogs, this recipe will not disappoint. Experiment with the spices to create your own unique chili flavor profile – the possibilities are endless!
Are you looking for a delicious and easy recipe that you can make in just a few minutes? Look no further than this recipe for homemade hotdog chili! Whether you’re in the mood for a simple chili or want to try some variations, this recipe is sure to satisfy. Plus, we’ve included Serving Suggestions so that you can customize your chili to your own taste. So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try and enjoy the best hotdog chili you’ve ever had!