How to air fryer broccoli? The air fryer might be the best kitchen appliance you never knew you needed.
With its ability to cook food quickly and get crispy on the outside while keeping a tender, juicy inside, you’ll find yourself using it to make everything from french fries to crispy chicken. But it’s not just for meat.
The air fryer is also a great way to cook vegetables. It’s the perfect way to prepare broccoli if you don’t want to compromise on taste or health. So, read this article until end to know more how to air fryer broccoli. In this blog, we also have an article about best air fryer under 100 that you might want to read about it.
How To Air Fryer Broccoli
Broccoli cooked to perfection in the air fryer is fast, simple, and adaptable! The main difficulty is determining how to tenderize the broccoli insides before the outsides burn. The air fryer rapidly roasts the broccoli; my first few batches were black on the exterior but still firm on the inside. The solution is to add water to the air fryer to assist the broccoli in steaming throughout the cooking process. Taa-daa!
Broccoli does not need to be steamed prior to air frying. Rather than that, pre-heat the air fryer with a few teaspoons of water. As the water evaporates, it will assist in slightly softening the broccoli. Chop the broccoli florets into the small pieces (think broccoli bites). This allows the inside to tenderize before the exteriors totally char.
How To Proceed:
- Chop the broccoli florets and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the air fryer and add the broccoli and water to the pan.
- Broccoli for 4 minutes in the air fryer, then toss the florets. Cook for an another 4 to 8 minutes, tossing every few minutes. As desired, garnish and enjoy the air fried brocoli!
Serve The Dish
Serve air fryer broccoli in the same manner as you would oven-roasted broccoli. Combine it with a heaping dish of shrimp fettuccine alfredo or a leg of lamb for a nutritious feast. You could also use chilled leftover air fryer broccoli in place of raw broccoli in our broccoli cauliflower salad – it would lend a lovely touch!
How To Store It
- Refrigerated air fryer broccoli in an airtight container. When kept correctly, it will remain fresh for up to a week.
- Freezing: Freezing broccoli in an air fryer is not a smart idea. It does not reheat properly and becomes mushy.
- Reheating Tip: Reheat the broccoli in the air fryer for a few minutes to re-crisp it. Additionally, you may reheat it in the microwave.
Is broccoli OK for air frying?
Broccoli is fantastic when fried in the air fryer. It becomes quite crispy very quickly.
Do you steam broccoli first and then air fried it?
It is unnecessary to steam your broccoli before to air frying it. If you want your broccoli somewhat more tender, add a tablespoon of water to the fryer’s bottom to produce a steaming effect.
Consideration Before Buying Air Fryer
Air fryers are a great way to cook food without having to use oil, but they can be expensive. Before you buy an air fryer, you need to consider some factors before you buy it:
- Does Your Kitchen Have Enough Space For An Air Fryer?: If you have limited space in your kitchen, it will be difficult to fit an air fryer. An air fryer uses a lot of room since it has a huge capacity.
- Does your house have enough power supply for an Air Fryer?: If your home does not have sufficient power supply, it will be hard to operate the air fryer consistently. There should be at least 3 amperes of current flowing through the circuit.
- What Type Of Food Can Be Air Fried?: Most people assume that only foods such as potatoes, breaded items and pizza crusts can be air fried. However, there are certain types of foods which can be air fried.
Our Latest Post:
- The 5 Best Amazon Electric Portable Cookers
- The Best Electric Portable Cookers In 2022
- Coffee Machine Caddy White – What is It? Comprehensive Guide for Learning About It
I love cooking because it’s so relaxing! I just put on my favorite tunes, and then get to work. First I’ll look up what kind of food I want to cook, and find a good recipe for it. Then when the meal is ready everyone usually can’t stop telling me how much they loved everything that was made. It makes me feel really accomplished knowing that people liked what I made for them!