How to install ductless range hood? Ductless range hoods are all the rage these days! They are an easy way to add a sleek, modern look to your kitchen. You will be able to find the perfect range hood for your kitchen, even if you have a small space.
So how to install it? Read this article until end to know how to do it. In this blog, we also have an article about strongest ductless range hood that you might want to read about it.
How To Install Ductless Range Hood
Here are the step-by-step directions for installing a ductless range hood or some people called it kitchen hood beneath a kitchen cabinet.
Create A Template
When installing a ductless range hood, the first step is to draw a template using a pencil. To ensure appropriate range hood installation, locate the cabinet’s center.
When putting a range hood atop a range with two cabinets, it’s critical to locate the middle of the cabinets so that the overall appearance is balanced.
Using a level, you may determine where the center of your wall area is. You may be able to acquire a template with the range hood to outline the screw holes. If it doesn’t work, ask for assistance and create a template.
Install the ductless hood 28″ to 36″ above your cooktop, depending on the height of the hood. Take measurements of the ductless hood’s height and length after you’ve decided on a template for its installation. Make the markings on the wall in accordance with the dimensions.
Make a note of the dimensions of your ductless hood’s screw holes or mounting points. Mark the center and the two mounting locations on a piece of cardstock.
Drill Through The Mounting Points
The cardboard should be placed along the wall beneath your cabinets once you’ve marked it with the appropriate measurements. Drill the mounting points in the wall through the cardboard markings using a 1/8-inch bit. Also, in your ductless range hood, drill a hole at the top where the screw will rest.
Setting Up The Circuitry
Where the cables will come out, lean an old toolbox against the wall. Use a circuit tester to inspect the openings around the middle line. As soon as you’ve connected all of the circuits and cables, you may turn off the breaker control circuit.
Tie the Wires Together
Use a wire stripper to remove a little amount of insulation from each insulated wire. Loop the black wire around the electric receptacle after bending the exposed ends of the wire into a J shape.
Fix the Range Hood
Slip your ductless range hood over the mounting screws while holding it in place. The screws should be tightened carefully. Locate and secure the two studs hidden beneath your range hood in the designated locations. Because it won’t be visible, you’ll need to use a stud finder to discover it.
Plug In Your Range Hood At This Point
Plug the range hood into an electrical outlet to make sure it’s operating properly once all the cabling and connections have been made.
Installation of the Filters
No need to access the chimney once range hood installation and testing is complete. Your range hood filters (made of aluminum, mesh, or baffle) are the final thing you’ll need to install.
Benefits Of Ductless Range Hood
Ductless range hoods are a great way to filter the air in your kitchen without the clutter of a standard range hood. They work by sucking in air and filtering it before releasing it back into the kitchen. This means that you’ll have cleaner air without the need for a large range hood. Here are the benefits using ductless range hood:
- Clean Air – A ductless range hood helps keep the kitchen clean because it allows you to filter the air in the room. It also allows you to see how well you’re cooking food.
- Versatile Space – A ductless rangehood can be installed anywhere in your home. There’s no need to buy a separate unit if you don’t want one. Instead, you can simply put them near appliances such as ovens, stoves, microwaves, etc.
- Low Maintenance – Most manufacturers offer maintenance programs that allow you to get the most out of your new appliance. These programs include routine cleaning and repair services. You can expect these services every year or so.
- Ease Of Installation – Since there’s no exhaust fan, installing a ductless range hood is easier than other systems. No tools are necessary, just a few screws and some wiring. If you do any drywall hanging yourself, this can save you time since you won’t have to wait for someone else to do it for you.
A lot of people are interested in getting ductless range hoods but they aren’t quite sure how to go about buying them. By following the steps above, you’ll be able to easily install one of these units. With ductless range hoods being more affordable compared to traditional ones, you may even decide to get multiple units installed throughout your kitchen to help provide better ventilation for your entire house.
Our Latest Post:
- The Best 3 Dough Rolling Machines (According to Amazon Customers)
- 30 Inch Gas Stove Top With Griddle Reviews: Which is the Best One?
- Can You Bake In An Electric Skillet? Yes! Here Are Superb 7 Steps To Do It!
I love cooking because it's so relaxing! I just put on my favorite tunes, and then get to work. First I'll look up what kind of food I want to cook, and find a good recipe for it. Then when the meal is ready everyone usually can't stop telling me how much they loved everything that was made. It makes me feel really accomplished knowing that people liked what I made for them!