Ever been worried that your cookies will go stale? Well, read on to learn how to make a cookie jar airtight! There are a few different ways to make a cookie jar airtight. In this blog, we also have an article about best airtight container on amazon that you might want to read about it.
Airtight containers rarely open accidentally inside your bag, spilling out the contents.”Corina Gruber, author from chefspencil.com
What is an airtight jar?
An airtight jar is a type of container which is used to store food. It is made of glass, metal, or plastic and is sealed with a rubber gasket or a metal lid. The purpose of an airtight jar is to prevent odors and moisture from escaping into the environment.
Airtight jars are available in different sizes and shapes. and are used to store different types of food and food ingredients. In this blog, we also have an article about what is an airtight container that you might want to read about it.
Whether you want to store leftovers, lunches, snacks or any other food, it’s important that the food storage containers you choose be airtight and liquidtight.”starfrit.com
Benefits of having airtight jar
Airtight jars are used to preserve the food and other products. Airtight jars are made of glass or plastic and have an airtight seal. Airtight jars help in preserving the food and other products by keeping them fresh for a longer period of time. Here are the benefits of having airtight jar:
- The aroma is preserved.
- It helps to keep the temperature constant.
- No exposure to direct sunlight.
- Food can be stored at room temperature.
- They don’t require much storage space and you can use them even when they’re empty. 6) They are easy to clean.
- You can store large amounts of food in these containers.
- Storing foods in airtight container prevents loss of nutrients.
- These containers come in various sizes and shapes.
- These containers prevent insects from entering the food.
- You can also reuse them again and again.
- You can use them as decorative items too.
- They are cost effective.
How To Make A Cookie Jar Airtight
So, how to make a cookie jar airtight? Even though some cookie jars are touted as airtight, you may be surprised at how badly they preserve cookies. Or maybe you have a perfectly nice jar that just needs a little TLC that you’d want to use to keep your cookies. Fortunately, there are several steps you can do to guarantee your cookie jar is airtight and can keep your cookies fresh.
- The first step in ensuring airtight quality is to seal your cookies in a plastic bag.
- Make certain that all of the air has been removed and that the container is fully closed.
- After that, you’ll place the sealed bag in the cookie jar.
- To guarantee that your cookie jar is adequately prepared to keep your cookies, add one of two items to the lid: a self-adhesive rubber seal, often known as a rubber strip, or a moldable glue.
Rubber Strip with Self-Adhesive
- Weatherstrips, also known as self-adhesive strips, are strips of rubber or foam that attach to a surface on their own. To guarantee that your cookie jar is really airtight, avoid using foam and instead go for a rubber closure.
- Adding the rubber strip to your cookie jar lid is a straightforward operation.
- First, ensure sure the lid is fully dry and free of dust or debris.
- Next, peel aside the rubber strip to uncover the adhesive and gently apply it to your lid, ensuring sure it is well adhered before completing the complete lid.
- Voila! You now have an airtight cookie container. To maintain the best possible quality, preserve your cookies in a ziplock bag until transferring them to your new cookie jar.
- Moldable glue is another option for creating your own airtight cookie container.
- Moldable glue is a little difficult to use than self-adhesive strips and takes a little longer, but it is still a terrific alternative that tends to last a little longer without needing to be replaced.
- To begin, make sure the cookie jar lid is clean and fully dry.
- Because the glue is quite flexible and comes in what seems to be a hot sauce pack, be careful to get it into a good straight line before trying to apply it to the lid.
- Fortunately, moldable glue can be moulded into any form for up to 30 minutes, so you don’t have to work too quickly while applying it.
- Add the glue to the interior of the cookie jar’s lid after you’ve got it in a beautiful line. Check that it fits well and is not excessively thick or thin.
- Take the lid and seal the cookie jar after the glue is secure and on the lid to enable the moldable glue to fit perfectly in between both the lid and the jar.
- Allow it to cure for at least 12 hours and up to 24 hours before detaching the lid from the jar.
Our Latest Post:
- What is a Coffee Pot Slider? Interesting Facts to Know
- 4 Tips And Tricks To Maximize Space In A Restaurant Fridge, It’s Helpful! (2022)
- The Best Croissant Dough Sheeter for Home Use 
I love cooking because it's so relaxing! I just put on my favorite tunes, and then get to work. First I'll look up what kind of food I want to cook, and find a good recipe for it. Then when the meal is ready everyone usually can't stop telling me how much they loved everything that was made. It makes me feel really accomplished knowing that people liked what I made for them!