Learn how on the stovetop to make a perfect bread for grilled cheese sandwich! I will show you several simple gourmet results techniques that will bring great smiles to children and adults alike.
The Best Cheese To Use
My choice is sharp cheddar, because of its solidity and flavour. This cheese is solid in structure and spreads well when heated and undergoes a complex development during the aging process. Other drops of the same firms have Swiss, Gray, Gouda, Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack and Mozzarella. Other features are the same.
American plastic wrapped cheese is a comfortable option, although it tends to be saltier to taste. Children don’t normally care, but some adults can turn that off. While delicious, soft and stretchable brie can get a bit gray when melted. For a stronger flavoring sandwich, in combination with one of the mild-flavored firm cheeses, sprinkle with Parmesan or blue cheese.
How Much Cheese To Use
I think that the correct ratio of cheese to bread is provided by at least 2 thick slices of sharp cheddar, approximately 1⁄8 to 1.5 inch max. If the cutting is thicker, the melting time will change. You can grate or shred cheese with a block of cheese, even though it melts faster than slices. When using the cheese block
Once the cheese is placed on top of the bread, leave some space along the edges so your cheese does not spray over, except if you like a little fried cheese on the edges.
Only you want to be sure that your brown slices are about half to three-quarters inch thick are not really the wrong answer. I like large pieces of homemade white best bread or whole wheat for a gourmet look.
Alternatively, the gouda is nice complementary to sweet brioche or Hawaiian bread, but the brown sugars are faster inside. Molasses sweetened Squaw bread is delicious with brie, gruyere, or Swiss. A sweet pepper jack or smoked gouda is a good pair.
Best Bread For Grilled Cheese Recipe
When done properly, a conventional grilled cheese sandwich contrasts perfectly with the crunchy exterior bread and the creamy melted cheese. This is a quick and simple meal to serve picky food. But it’s the ultimate comfort food for adults when coupled with (and dipped in) a big bowl of tomato soup.
The misconception is to crunch the heat and get the cheese molten quickly to satisfy our immediate craving! But the opposite is true. Patience and low heat are the answers to make sure that the bread is evenly toasted and the center completely drinks. Crispness also helps with melted butter, but you won’t have too much gray results otherwise. Ready to go back to the science to make that loving sandwich at home?
Bread For Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Learn how to make the perfect bread for grilled cheese sandwich on the stovetop, and understand the science behind the process for truly gourmet results.
Ingredients Bread For Grilled Cheese Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices white bread, ½ to ¾-inch thick
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
Instructions of Bread For Grilled Cheese Recipe
- Melt the butter in a small bowl in 15-second intervals on high power in the microwave, 60 to 75 seconds.
- Evenly brush melted butter on one side of each slice of bread. Add 1 to 2 slices of cheese between the unbuttered sides of the bread to make a sandwich.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or nonstick pan over medium-low heat, adjusting to low if needed. Once hot, add the sandwiches to the pan. Lightly press down with a spatula, then do not move the sandwich. Cook until the bread is crisp and golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Flip the sandwich over, cook until golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Slice diagonally and serve immediately while still warm.