This no yeast white bread comes together quickly. If you’ve ran out of yeast, or if your yeast has expired/died, or if you need to make bread quickly, this is the recipe for you.
Beginner bakers who don’t have the tools (i.e. bread machine or kneading machine), time, or experience to deal with slower rising bread yeast will appreciate no yeast bread. NOTE: Baking powder is used as a leavening agent in this bread (not yeast).
No Yeast White Bread with Baking Powder
Please keep in mind that this no yeast white bread is NOT the same as the packaged and sliced sandwich bread sold by large food companies. It’s a handmade bread with a crunchy crust and a buttery, denser middle. Slices of this bread smeared in butter or cream cheese, dipped in olive oil, etc. will be enjoyed by your family. As a sandwich bread, no.
Preparing and cleaning up this recipe should take you about 5-10 minutes. This is an oven-baked recipe, so keep that in mind. It isn’t prepared in a bread machine. At the bottom of this page, you’ll find a printable and “pin-able” recipe. If you enjoyed this dish, please leave a comment and a 5-star review in the box below.
Ingredients – No Yeast White Bread
- 3 Cups – Flour (all-purpose flour)
- 3 Teaspoons – Baking Powder (aluminum free)
- 1 Teaspoon – Salt
- 1 Tablespoons – White Granulated Sugar
- 8 Tablespoons – Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 1 1/4 Cups – Milk
- Optional – 1/2 Teaspoon – Italian Seasoning (or dried rosemary, onion powder, etc.)
- Optional – Pinch of Coarse Kosher or Sea Salt (to sprinkle on top of the dough before putting the bread pan in oven)
Servings – Roughly 18 slices (sandwich slices)
Equipment required for this recipe – Measuring cup & spoons, large mixing bowl, wooden spoon, 9×5 bread pan, sharp knife, oven mitts, cooling rack and an oven.
Shop & Donate
For every purchase in the month of March 2022, we will donate $5 from every transaction to a selected charity every month. Place your order today by visiting our store!
Instructions – No Yeast White Bread (Best Bread Baking Pans Version)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Grease the bread pan (bottom & sides of pan), spray the bread pan, use baking parchment paper or use a good nonstick bread pan in order to prevent the bread from sticking to the bread pan.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together first. This helps to ensure that the baking powder is evenly mixed throughout the flour.
- Optional – Add 1/2 teaspoon of your favorite dried herbs (i.e. Italian seasoning) to the dry ingredients within the bowl. Stir well.
- Melt the butter in a microwave.
- Add the butter & milk to the dry ingredients. Gently stir until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Fill a 9-by-5-inch bread pan halfway with the finished dough. Smooth out the top of the bread dough in the bread pan with a flexible silicon spatula or a large wooden spoon.
- Using a sharp or serrated knife, score/slice the top of the dough (by making a diagonal cut length-wise down the center of the dough). The thickness of the slice should be between 1/4 and 1/2 inch.
- Optional – Sprinkle a small amount of coarse salt on top of the dough.
- Place the bread pan in the oven and bake for 40 minutes or golden brown. Wear oven mitts when dealing with the bread pan & a hot oven.
- When done, remove the bread pan from the oven. Wear oven mitts.
- Place the bread pan on a wooden cutting board. Let the bread cool within the bread pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the pan and set it aside. To finish cooling the bread, place it on a wire cooling rack. Allowing the bread to cool properly will result in better bread slices (less crumbling) (i.e. 30-60 minutes).