Why is stand mixer expensive to buy? You’re looking for a new stand mixer and you want to know why they’re so expensive.
One of the most important features of a stand mixer is the motor. The stand mixer has a heavy duty, powerful motor that is designed to work well with the dough hooks. So, want to know more? Read this article until end to know more why are stand mixers so expensive. In this blog, we also have an article about best kitchot stand mixer that you might want to read about it.
The reason why stand mixer expensive
Stand mixers are designed to handle large volumes of dough at once, which makes them ideal for baking. They’re also great for kneading bread dough, making pizza dough, and mixing cake batter. Here are the reasons why stand mixer expensive:
- Weight capacity – The largest standard size commercial mixer is often in excess of 2,000 lbs., or 900 kgs. This means that a single machine can be used for large scale commercial applications like restaurant bakeries, hotels, schools, caterers, etc. These machines will typically come with attachments for more specific tasks, but they can still be heavy enough to cause injury if moved improperly. If you’re looking to add a stand mixer to your business, you’ll need one that meets or exceeds this weight requirement.
- Durability – Commercial grade hand held mixers are not designed to withstand constant use over long periods of time. They may last up to a few years before needing replacement parts, but even then it’s unlikely that these items will hold together as well as their high end counterparts. A good quality stand mixer will have durable construction and won’t break down after just a couple uses. In fact, many models are built to last several decades without any major maintenance.
- Mixing power – Stand mixers have the capability to provide much greater mixing speeds than handheld mixers. Some can reach upwards of 40,000 rpm, while others are capable of reaching speeds of up to 100,000rpm! For example, a KitchenAid KSM1700BKST has a speed of 28,500 RPM, which equates to a speed of 1,064,400 strokes per minute. This allows them to achieve full mixing results much faster than an average handheld mixer.
- Power consumption – Some models can consume between 5-10 kWh of energy per hour. This helps keep costs low and make them environmentally friendly alternatives compared to other high wattage appliances.
- Size – Most standard sized stand mixer are larger than most professional kitchen appliances, which makes it difficult to fit them in tight spaces. They generally take up a lot of counter space and require a dedicated work area to operate. When considering where to place a stand mixer in your home or office, think about how you plan to use it. Will you want to move it around frequently? If yes, look for a smaller model. Otherwise, consider placing it somewhere out of the way where it won’t get bumped or damaged by moving furniture.
- Warranty – Many companies offer warranties on their products. Check for manufacturer warranty information on each product page to see what type of coverage they include and how long the warranty lasts. You should purchase a mixer with adequate coverage so that you have protection against manufacturing defects.
- Maintenance – Depending on the brand, some hand mixer brands are known for being easier to maintain than others. Take note of how easy the company says it is to clean and care for the appliance. Also, read user reviews online to learn from people who’ve had experience operating the unit.
Consideration Before Choosing Stand Mixer
Choosing a stand mixer is not as easy as it sounds. There are various styles and brands to choose from. Some are better for baking than others. Some are better for kneading dough. Here are are some considerations before choosing stand mixer:
- Capacity – The size of the bowl is one of the most important factors when choosing a stand mixer because this determines how large batches you can prepare at once. As such, the capacity range you’ll need depends on how often you bake and what types of recipes you cook. For example, a 6 quart stand mixer is ideal for making cookies, cakes, breads, muffins, cupcakes, etc. It works great for small quantities of dough too. On the other side of things, if you tend to prepare big batches of food like soups or macaroni and cheese, it could be helpful to find a stand mixer with a large capacity. Look for one with more gallons of storage capacity.
- Speed – Some stand mixer have higher speeds than others. These will enable you to prepare bigger batches quicker. A good rule of thumb when selecting a mixer is that the higher the number, the stronger the motor. However, there isn’t a set speed limit since every person uses different amounts of ingredients and recipes depending on personal preference. To determine the best speed for you, ask yourself these questions: How fast do I prefer my batter to come together? Do I need to knead dough to strengthen gluten? What kind of foods do I frequently make? Is it okay if some recipes don’t turn out perfectly? Once you know the answers to all these questions, you can decide whether you need a strong mixer for tough jobs or milder ones for simple tasks.
- Cordless vs. Hand-Crank Models – If you’re looking for a cordless option, then check out our guide on the top 10 best cordless stand mixer to help you select the right one. And if you like to crank everything manually, then you might also want to consider getting a stand mixer that has an electric motor inside. This enables you to control the power without having to pull out the cord.
- Versatility – There are many models that are versatile enough to handle even the toughest jobs. But keep in mind that high-powered machines are usually heavier than lighter ones. Because manufacturers put heavy duty motors into larger mixer bowls, they sacrifice maneuverability.
Our Latest Post:
Hi there! I’m a food enthusiast and journalist, and I have a real passion for food that goes beyond the kitchen. I love my dream job and I’m lucky enough to be able to share my knowledge with readers of several large media outlets. My specialty is writing engaging food-related content, and I take pride in being able to connect with my audience. I’m known for my creativity in the kitchen, and I’m confident that I can be the perfect guide for anyone looking to take their culinary journey to the next level.