It doesn’t matter if the heat is too intense for your regular oven or you need a solution for small-batch cooking and baking, your toaster ovens is up for the task. Sure, you can make toast with it, but you can also roast veggies, bake pastries, and cook meat. Would you like some assistance? Here are 13 ideas that will help you cook all your favorite recipes right on your toaster ovens.
Shop & Donate
For every purchase in the month of March 2022, we will donate $5 from every transaction to a selected charity every month. Place your order today by visiting our store!
Embrace Your Toaster Ovens
With a small, single-shelf version of this appliance, amazing roasty things can be made. Most things that can be baked in a toaster oven, if scaled down to a size and quantity that fits in it. A toaster oven has several unique advantages over a large oven. This heater heats up very quickly because it is small. Because of this, the top and bottom heating sources are close together and cook things quickly. Many models even emit a cheerful “ding” and turn themselves off when the time has passed. Explore all of the wonderful things your toaster oven can do by using it more often? We have a list of best buy toaster oven in case you need more recommendation.
Food You Can Make With Toaster Ovens
- Roast Chicken. You can roast a spatchcocked Cornish hen on your toaster tray if you know how to cook chicken nuggets. Roasting in a regular oven is exactly the same. Cook the bird until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bacon. Place some strips on the rack with the tray underneath and cook until crispy to your liking. The tray below can be lined with aluminum foil to make cleanup easier.
- Fish Fillets. Toaster ovens are ideal for cooking fish because it cooks quickly. Don’t be afraid to experiment with your favorite varieties.
- Green Beans. It doesn’t take long for the heat to reach the central part of green beans due to their small size. Roast them in a single layer until they are warmed through. You can enhance their flavor by tossing them in a garlicky oil right before serving.
- Sausage and Peppers. Put the Italian sausages on a bed of sliced onions and peppers and let your toaster oven do all the work. Stir the vegetables a few times during roasting so nothing burns.
- Sweet and Spicy Roasted Almonds. Mix nuts with a sweetener such as maple syrup, sugar, or honey, sprinkle with salt, and toast in a single layer until warm and fragrant.
- Cornbread. Do you plan to cook a roast or casserole in your oven? You can toast your cornbread instead in the toaster oven.
- Fruit Crumble. Another excellent candidate for toaster oven baking are fruit crumbles. You can bake dessert on your countertop if other dishes are taking up space in your regular oven.
- Muffins. Baking muffin batter in foil-lined muffin papers makes a great make-ahead breakfast. Having a fresh-from-the-oven breakfast in minutes is as easy as popping a few in your toaster oven while you get ready for the day.
- Quesadillas. Brush the trays with oil, then assemble and bake until melty cheese peeks out of the edge. That’s how easy it is!
- Faux Apple Pie. Place thinly sliced apples on a flour tortilla, sprinkle generously with brown sugar and cinnamon, and top with butter. Toasted apples are soft once they have been toasted.
- Banana Bread. A small loaf pan can fit inside your toaster oven, so you can bake any of your favorite quick breads there, including banana and zucchini breads.
- Cookies. If you scoop your favorite homemade cookie dough into individual portions and freeze them, you can grab one or two whenever the craving strikes and bake in your toaster oven. And, who doesn’t love a warm cookie?