Easily getting dirty, the best oven mitts for cast iron are best. In the kitchen, these are often used. Among the many items needed for cooking, it is one of the most common. It is very easy to stain with grease or baked food. But it is also easy to wash oven mitts.
It can be difficult to remove stains when handling very hot equipment on a daily basis and because of regular daily use. We understand that it can be difficult to wash these on oven mitts. Our guide shows you how to remove stains and clean oven mitts easily. You can also avoid buying another pair of oven mitts by following this guide. Find out more about silicone oven mitts using our guide. We also have a list of best oven mitts, in case you need recommendation.
Items Needed to Wash Oven Mitts
The items that you will need:
- Laundry stain remover
- Liquid Dish soap
- Scrub Brush
- Dull knife
- Large bowl
The Steps on How to Wash Oven Mitts
- With the dull knife, scrape away the burnt food stains on the oven mitt.
- Burnt food stains or particles that won’t come off easily should be the first thing you focus on. The large bowl should be filled with a mixture of hot water and dish soap. Pour the liquid dish soap and water into the large bowl with the oven mitts. Make sure the area with stuck food stains and particles is completely soaked in water. Take a few minutes to think about it.
- Scrub the food particles with the scrub brush. After soaking in the dish soap and water solution, they can be easily removed.
- Once all food particles have been removed, you can focus on the stains
- Stain remover can be applied to the stain and allowed to set.
- The usual washing and laundering should be done.
- Before drying, ensure that all stains have been removed. When you place it in the dryer and there are still stains, the heat will again set the stains, making them harder to remove.
How to Remove Black Stains from Oil and Grease from your Oven Mitts
The Items that you will need:
- Baking Soda
- Soda (Coke)
- Scrub brush
- Grease dissolving soap
- Washing Machine
- Hot Water
- Large Bowl
The Steps on How to Remove the Stains:
- Mix the grease dissolving soap with hot water in a large bowl.
- Immerse the oven mitts in the soap and water solution for several minutes.
- After the soap has dissolved the grease, you can use the scrub brush to remove the stain.
- If the oven mitts still have stains, spray them with WD-40. The old stains will be removed with this method.
- Whether there are still stains can be seen by repeating steps 1 to 3.
- To remove stains from oven mitts, combine dishwasher soap with baking soda to create a pastey mixture.
- With a scrub brush, scrub the stain with this paste and then apply the water
- You can clean with warm water after scrubbing.
- If there are still stains, you can try using Coca-Cola or Coke with hot water. Put them in a washing machine with hot water and Coca-Cola. The grease will be further loosened up by this method.
- The heat would make the stain cling more if the oven mitts are being dried while stained.
- In case the stains are still visible on your oven mitts, repeat the mentioned steps.
- As long as all stains have been removed, you can wash it as usual.
Here are some tips on how to effectively clean your oven mitts and what level of temperature protection do oven mitts offer. We hope you enjoyed reading this article and wish you success with cleaning your oven mitts.
H! I'm Almasa Amir! I'm a writer and an eater. That has been my motto for a long time. I've been writing since the third grade, when my mom gave me a notebook to write my thoughts and feelings in. But mostly I love food than any other else in the world!
I love food so much that it's my passion. My favorite foods are
pizza, tacos, and sushi; however there is not one type of food that I don't enjoy eating.
Food brings people together in the most amazing way! When you're hungry and someone offers you some delicious food, your heart warms up with happiness because they really care about you. Food can be found anywhere from grocery stores to restaurants or even at home cooking for your family! It doesn't matter where (or how) good food is served--you will always find me somewhere near it.