Are you using wood pellets for electric smoker? or you use wood chips for electric smoker?
Wood chips and pellets are the two most common woods used to smoke meals in an electric smoker. Both smoking equipment are excellent, have a naturally smokey flavor, and are reasonably priced. However, there are a few distinctions between the two tools that any serious smoker should be aware of. Looking for best electric smoker? we have a list you can check.
Wood Pellets for Electric Smoker
They’re created from hardwood that’s been finely ground into sawdust before being packed and pressed into small cylindrical pellets. They are as follows:
- It’s suitable for both hot and cold smoking.
- Unlike wood chips, they may burn at a significantly higher temperature.
- Pellets burn slowly, making temperature control easier than wood chips.
- It’s well-known for producing thick, steady smoke.
- When contrasted to wood chips, it is known to generate a rich smoke flavor.
- Bourbon oak, apple, and hickory are just a few of the taste options available.
Wood Chips For ELectric Smoker
Wood chips are created from the same hardwood as pellets, but they don’t have the same fine grind. Instead, the hardwood is shredded into small, uniformly sized wood chips, about an inch or two in diameter. The following are examples of wood chips:
- Extremely delicious, with a subtle bitterness to the smoke.
- Known to burn more quickly than pellets
- A soak is sometimes required to assure a long smoke, which adds time to the process.
- Cherry, pecan, oak, mesquite, and hickory are among of the flavors available.
Want to Use Wood Pellets for Electric Smoker?
Before deciding whether to use wood pellets or wood chips in your electric smoker, familiarize yourself with the ins and outs of pellet smoking. You’ll need to think about the brand of electric smoker you have or plan to buy, as well as the pellets themselves.
Can You Use Pellets in a Masterbuilt Electric Smoker?
Masterbuilt is a leading manufacturer of bbq smokers. Only use wood chunks and chips if you have a Masterbuilt Electric smoker, one of their propane smokers, or one of their cold smoking attachments. Pellets are to be used exclusively in Masterbuilt pellet smokers, according to the company. Consumer opinions about their wood pellet smoking experiences with Masterbuilt electric smokers, on the other hand, are generally good and encourage other smokers to give it a try. Use a quarter cup of smoking pellets every four hours if you choose to reject the brand’s recommendations. Do you want to discover how pellets work in a Masterbuild Electric Cold Smoker attachment? Observe o
Can You Use Wood Pellets in a Pit Boss Electric Smoker?
Even though Pit Boss has its own brand of Pit Boss Grills Wood Pellets that can be purchased in-store or online, the manufacturer does not particularly endorse this. But don’t worry if you don’t want to use wood chips; many people have successfully (and frequently) used wood pellets in their Pit Boss electric smokers and have survived to tell the tale.
Tips for Using Wood Pellets in an Electric Smoker
Before you go ahead and start smoking pellets, there are a few things you should keep in mind. This section serves as a quick yet thorough overview of how to use these smoking equipment in your electric smoker.
- Pellets should be treated as if they were regular wood chunks or chips.
- Because this wood burns quickly, don’t leave the pellets unattended (cold smoking is recommended)
- Be aware that they will likely produce a LOT of smoke in just a few minutes, so add small amounts at a time.
- Place your pellets in a tinfoil bag and poke a few holes in it for smoke control for optimal results.
- Remember that if the manufacturer of your electric smoker recommends against using wood pellets, your guarantee will be voided.
- Make sure you keep them dry because if they get wet, they turn into mush known as PelletCrepe among smokers.
- Many members of the smoking community recommend utilizing a smoke tube or a smoke maze instead of your smoker’s tray.
H! I'm Almasa Amir! I'm a writer and an eater. That has been my motto for a long time. I've been writing since the third grade, when my mom gave me a notebook to write my thoughts and feelings in. But mostly I love food than any other else in the world!
I love food so much that it's my passion. My favorite foods are
pizza, tacos, and sushi; however there is not one type of food that I don't enjoy eating.
Food brings people together in the most amazing way! When you're hungry and someone offers you some delicious food, your heart warms up with happiness because they really care about you. Food can be found anywhere from grocery stores to restaurants or even at home cooking for your family! It doesn't matter where (or how) good food is served--you will always find me somewhere near it.