Are cereal bowls oven safe? When you buy a cereal bowl, do you worry about the kind of heat it can take? You would probably think that they are not safe to use in the oven. However, you might be surprised to know that some bowls are dishwasher safe and others can be used in the oven.
Before purchasing a cereal bowl, make sure it is oven safe and doesn’t break easily under extreme temperatures. Read this article until end to know more about are cereal bowls oven safe or not. In this blog, we also have an article about best cereal bowl that you might want to read about it.
A great cereal bowl is a necessity each and every morning if you want to start your days off right. For maximum enjoyment of this classic breakfast food.”Brigitt Earley, author from thspruceeats.com
What is a cereal bowl
A cereal bowl is a bowl made of ceramic, glass, wood, or metal. Cereal bowls are used for serving and eating cereal, porridge, or other cooked grain. Cereal bowls are generally made of porcelain or earthenware. They may be decorated with patterns or inscriptions. A common design on a bowl is that of the cross-hatch pattern which was popular in the late 19th century. For most of their history, they were not dishwasher safe and must be hand washed by the user. However, many modern versions are now dishwasher safe.
The first commercial cereal bowls were introduced in the early 20th century. The earliest known commercially produced cereal bowls were made by Royal Crown Cola Company (now RC2 Corporation) in 1927. These were sold as part of an advertising campaign for its then new cola product called Seven Up.
In those days, it was common to drink from a tall drinking glass but cereal bowls became more prevalent after World War II when milk began to replace water as a beverage. Today there is a wide variety of shapes, sizes, styles and materials available. Some have added handles in addition to being non-dishwasher safe.
While there is an amazing amount of shapes and sizes when it comes to bowls, there is just nothing quite like the classic cereal bowl. These bowls make for just the right amount of cereal in a serving, while also being nice to use for a variety of other foods from soups and a quick bowl of oatmeal, pasta, and much more.”Wayfair.com
Are Cereal Bowls Oven Safe
So, are cereal bowls oven safe? Here are the breakdowns for it:
- Cereal bowls made of porcelain, tempered glass, or stoneware are safe to serve.
- They are engineered to endure severe heat in the microwave or oven, up to 527 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Porcelain bowls can endure temperatures of up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Generally, breakfast bowls made of hand-blown glass are not suitable for use in the oven due to their lack of resistance to heat.
- Porcelain is oven-safe. It is advisable to keep the bowl in the preheating oven to minimize sudden temperature fluctuations.
Benefits of using cereal bowl
Cereal bowl is a bowl that is used to hold cereal. Cereal bowl is made of plastic or glass. Cereal bowl is used for breakfast and also used in restaurants and hotels. Here are the benefits of using cereal bowl:
- No mess. When you eat your food out of a bowl, the food does not spill over all over your hands. You do not need to wash your hands afterward.
- Easy to clean. If you need to clean your cereal bowl, just wipe it off with a damp cloth. There’s no need to soak it in hot soapy water.
- Elegant. A bowl is a great way to add elegance to any meal. You don’t need to worry about spilling anything since there won’t be any mess. With a cereal bowl, you don’t need to spend time cleaning up after yourself.
- Versatile. Cereal bowls come in different colors and designs. This makes them versatile because you can match them to almost any occasion.
- Durable. Porcelain, tempered glass and stoneware are durable and will last a long time. If you’re going to buy one anyway, why would you want to break it immediately?
- Good value. You get what you pay for. Not only do these products look good, but they also taste good.
- Safe. Ceramic, glass, and stoneware are safe. Because they’re made of natural materials and safe chemicals, they won’t leach harmful substances into your body.
- Handy. A cereal bowl is handy because it allows you to pour liquids like milk directly into your mouth. It keeps you from having to use a spoon.
- Fun. There are lots of things to choose from: different shapes, sizes, colors, designs, etc. So you can make your own personalized cereal bowl for special occasions.
- Convenient. You don’t have to go searching for another container if you spill something inside your cereal bowl. It holds plenty of liquid, so you won’t have to find a larger vessel for your cereal.
- Affordable. Cereal bowls are inexpensive. And you don’t have to spend money buying separate containers for your cereals every day.
- Practical. A cereal bowl is practical because it lets you enjoy your favorite foods without having to wash your hands afterwards.
Our Latest Post:
Shop & Donate
For every purchase in the month of March 2022, we will donate $5 from every transaction to a selected charity every month. Place your order today by visiting our store!
- How To Fix Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
- How To Clean A Pull Down Kitchen Faucet Spray
- What Is A Dish Rack Used For? 7 Superb Usages Of Dish Rack That You Should Know