Three different grilled panini sandwiches perfect for lunch, a light meal or afternoon snack.
Who’s Ready For a Grilled Panini Sandwich?!
When you press for time, sandwiches have long been our go-to. We are game to hunt for ingredients, as long as there’s bread in our reach. You will be able to create a fabulous sandwich in record time after a quick look through the cupboard or refrigerator!
When friends gained me a panini maker, my enjoyment of homemade sandwiches increased considerably. I could suddenly make extraordinarily delicious creations that have the signature with each dick crispy outside and a warm filling.
If there is no clue about best bread for panini sandwich, i recommended you to learn more about it before, because it will helps you a lot.
Favourite Grilled Panini Sandwich Combinations
- Nik’s favourite : As featured in this story! It’s all about sprouted three-grain bread, Edam cheese, sliced turkey, tomato, avocado, alfalfa sprouts and a pesto mayonnaise. Butter the outside for crispy grilled bread that heightens the flavour of my favourite panini.
- Panini Caprese : This recipe comes from one of my all-time favourite salads – the legendary Italian Insalata Caprese. The Caprese salad is an homage to the quality ingredients produced and grown in the Campania region of Italy.
A Caprese salad is made by combining juicy, vine-ripened tomatoes with creamy buffalo mozzarella cheese and fragrant fresh basil, then finishing with nothing more than a superior olive oil and a generous sprinkling of salt.
When you go to make this at home, use perfectly ripened tomatoes at the height of the season. Also track down the essential, fresh-made buffalo mozzarella. Using garden-grown basil will boost the flavour we’re after, as will a good quality olive oil.
I think it important to address these two “elefante” in the room – although you may see recipes where both balsamic vinegar and/or pesto are used in a Caprese salad, my research shows this to be a modern adaptation. Feel free to add them if you wish, but I encourage you to leave them out.
Looking for something delicious to go with our Grilled Caprese Panini? We suggest serving it with a side of one of our popular salads. Try it with our Caesar Salad, this Chopped Kale Salad or our incredible Best Broccoli Salad. You’re going to enjoy all of them!
This sandwich should have all of the vegetarians out there jumping for joy. Honestly, what’s not to love about only one vegetable, one herb and one cheese brought together and warmed up in grand style?
A visit to Naples, the breathtakingly beautiful towns along the Amalfi Coast or the idyllic island of Capri (from which this gets its name) wouldn’t be complete without enjoying this famous salad. A six-inch square of Italian focaccia bread sliced in half and brushed with herbed oil. Add layers of thin-sliced tomato, buffala mozzarella, fresh basil leaves and baby arugula tossed in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Finish with salt and pepper and grill until the outside is crunchy. We’re all crazy about this Panini Caprese!
- Apple Pie Grilled Chicken : Using your favourite sliced or artisanal bread, smear the outside with our cinnamon sugar-enhanced butter. For the centre, we’re tossing grated cheddar with crispy apple. This tasty sammie treat has been kid-tested and they love it. Make it your new go-to for breakfast, lunch or even dinner, Apple Pie Grilled Chicken is the best! Yum!
Grilled Panini Sandwich
- For Nik’s Favourite:
- 2 slices 3-grain bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices Edam cheese
- 3 slices sliced turkey
- 1 slice tomato
- handful alfalfa sprouts
- ½ an avocado, sliced
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon pesto
- salt and pepper
- Set panini maker or skillet to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, stir together pesto and mayonnaise.
- Lay slices of bread on a piece of parchment paper and lightly butter one side of each. Flip slices over.
- On one slice, add in order: a slice of cheese, the turkey, tomato, salt and pepper, alfalfa sprouts and avocado, then finish with the second slice of cheese.
- Spread the pesto mayonnaise inside the second slice of bread. Close the sandwich up, place on the panini maker or skillet, and grill for 5 minutes. If using a skillet, flip the sandwich over at the 3 minute mark and grill for an additional 2 minutes.
- Cut in half and serve immediately. Garnish with a pickle.
Hi there! I’m a food enthusiast and journalist, and I have a real passion for food that goes beyond the kitchen. I love my dream job and I’m lucky enough to be able to share my knowledge with readers of several large media outlets. My specialty is writing engaging food-related content, and I take pride in being able to connect with my audience. I’m known for my creativity in the kitchen, and I’m confident that I can be the perfect guide for anyone looking to take their culinary journey to the next level.