How to clean grill scraper? Grilling is a relatively simple and easy way to cook food, but it does require a bit of work to keep it from sticking.
One of the most important tools for grilling is a grill scraper. This handy tool is used to scrape the grill surface clean of burned on residue. Read this article until end to know more about how to clean grill scraper. In this blog, we also have an article about the best grill tool sets that you might want to read about it.
How To Clean Grill Scraper
It’s important to clean your grill scraper as often as possible as it can get quite dirty and can lead to bacteria growth. Here are the steps about how to clean grill scraper:
- Lubricate with oil or cooking spray. The best kinds of lubricants are olive oil, vegetable oil, and shortening. These will allow you to slide the scraper over the grill without burning yourself. Make sure that these oils aren’t too thick though, so they don’t interfere with the scraping process.
- Start by cleaning off any grease or burnt particles. You should be able to see the blackened layer right where you need to start scraping. Using a brush or sponge will help you remove all those stuck-on bits and pieces.
- Clean the outside of the scrapers using an old toothbrush. Take special care not to scratch the metal part of the scraper, which extends outwards into the heat, or you could damage it.
- Once the outer edge has been cleaned thoroughly, use a dry paper towel to wipe down the inside of the scraper.
- Now you’re ready to finish up! To prevent rusting, simply apply some oil or cooking spray to the exterior of the scraper before reusing.
- When done using, place in a safe area away from children and pets. Store it next to your stove if you plan on doing a lot of grilling. It’s also a good idea to put a cover on it while storing.
- If the scraper gets really dirty, wash it under warm water and soap, rinse well, then pat dry.
- Repeat the entire process whenever needed.
Why You Must Clean Grill Scraper
Grill scrapers are an essential tool for any grill master. They are designed to scrape the grill grates clean of the burnt on bits of food that are stuck to them and you must to clean it! Here are the reasons why you must clean grill scraper:
- Keeps the Grill Grease Free: The first thing you want to do after every meal is clear out the excess fat and grime left behind on the grill grate. Having a greasy grill grate is very uncomfortable, even for adults.
- Keeps Food Safe: Scraping helps you to ensure that there isn’t any grease left on the grill grates. This means that when you add food to the griller, you won’t have to worry about the meat getting stuck to the hot grill grate and starting to burn.
- Keeps Your Fire Hot: Since the grills tend to get cold quickly due to the intense heat, having a properly working fire is one of the things you need to remember. A cold grill grate will mean that your fire needs to stay lit longer than necessary, thus making your grill hotter and causing unnecessary damage to your food.
- Helps Build Flavor: Most of us love food that tastes great and we want our grilled burgers, steaks, chicken and fish to taste amazing. While it’s true that you can make the foods at home as tasty as possible, nothing beats the flavor you’ll get from a freshly cooked steak grilled outdoors.
- Improves Your Cooking Skill: Keeping your grill clean makes it easier to cook more efficiently. After you’ve finished cooking your food, try wiping the grill grate with a stiff piece of cloth to clean leftover juices from your food. Doing this regularly will keep your food tasting better, and give you an improved cooking skill.
Our Latest Post:
- How To Fix Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
- How To Clean A Pull Down Kitchen Faucet Spray
- What Is A Dish Rack Used For? 7 Superb Usages Of Dish Rack That You Should Know
Shop & Donate
For every purchase in the month of March 2022, we will donate $5 from every transaction to a selected charity every month. Place your order today by visiting our store!