How to clean spice grinder? In here you will know how to do it!
The spice grinders are the best way to grind spices. The process of grinding ingredients in a mill or mortar and pestle can be very time consuming, but with these two tools you get an easy solution for your cooking needs.
They come in different sizes so that they will fit into any kitchen cabinet space. You don’t have to worry about them getting lost because they’re made from durable plastic materials. These small appliances not only help save on precious countertop space but also make it easier to store all your dried herbs and spices. In this blog we also have best spice grinder that you might want to see.
What Does This Product Do?
This handy appliance helps you quickly pulverize whole grains such as rice, wheat berries, quinoa, millet, oats, barley, cornmeal, couscous, bulgur, amaranth, buckwheat groats, spelt, teff, rye flour, etc., while making short work out of mixing dry ingredients like flours, starches, sugars, baking powder, salt, cocoa powders, coffee grounds, tea leaves, chai spices, curry blends, nut pastes, chocolate chips, peanut butter, margarine, vegetable oils, etc. How long should I use my spice grinder before cleaning?
You may want to avoid using your grinder if there’s residue stuck inside its blades. If this happens, simply run water through the device until the residue disappears completely. It might take several passes; however, once cleaned properly, you shouldn’t need to wash the unit again.
What Else Do I Need To Know?
This product comes with a removable storage container which makes storing ground spices, seeds, nuts, beans, and other small items much more convenient than having them scattered around your kitchen cupboards. Its stainless steel construction ensures durability over time. Also, since it has no moving parts, you won’t have to worry about breaking down the grinder when cleaning it up.
Cleaning Spice Grinder
It is recommended that after every usage, you thoroughly rinse the blades by running cold tap water through the machine. This cleans off any leftover food particles left behind during processing. Next, spray some dish soap onto the blades and let it sit for at least 10 minutes. Then scrub the blades gently with a soft sponge or brush. Afterward, rinse the blades under warm water and pat dry with paper towel. Finally, wipe the interior area where the blades meet the base with a damp cloth.
How to Clean Spice Grinder Without Disassembly
- To remove the inner bowl, unscrew the bolts holding the top cover plate. Once removed, turn the entire grinder upside down.
- Remove the bottom tray and set aside. Now pull out the main body of the grinder. Place one hand underneath the grinder and lift upwards.
- Gently slide the metal shafts off the bearings and place them next to each other. Turn the grinder back right side up. Hold the end piece firmly against the shafts, and carefully lower the grinder onto flat surface.
- Let go of the end piece. Carefully push the bearing caps towards the center. Use a screwdriver to loosen the screws securing the outer ring. Slide the ring away from the bearing plates. Set the ring aside.
Repeat steps 1 – 4 for the second half of the grinder.
Cleaning Tips & Tricks:
- Before rinsing the grinder, ensure that it is fully assembled. Otherwise, you risk damaging the internal components.
- To prevent rust build-up, apply a thin coat of oil to the exposed surfaces.
- Rinse the grinder well with distilled water. Do not submerge it in water.
- Make sure that the blades spin freely and smoothly.
- Dry the grinder immediately after cleaning.
- Keep your grinder away from heat sources
How Often Should I Clean My Spice Grinder?
If you follow the instructions provided above, then you’ll probably find that washing your grinder regularly isn’t necessary. However, if you notice excessive buildup of debris within the blades, you may wish to give it another thorough cleaning. In addition, you could choose to replace the blade assembly if it becomes worn-out. It would cost approximately $25-$30 depending upon how many years old it is. But keep in mind that replacement blades aren’t cheap either!
Our Latest Post:
- Best Tips for Buying An Affordable Dishwasher – 5 Differences Between A Cheap Dishwasher and A Costly One!
- Viking Culinary Copper Cookware Set Brand Review: 3 Important Things To Know!
- Kraus Kitchen Sink Brand: 3 Important Things You Need To Know!