How to install pull down kitchen faucet? Installing a pull down kitchen faucet is a great way to update your kitchen or bathroom without having to replace the entire sink. The new pull-down design offers convenience, safety and comfort.
It also saves time with one simple move of the handle. Keep reading this article to know the reasons behind it. In this blog, we also have an article about best budget pull down kitchen faucet that you might want to read about it.
An estimate for a pull-down sink
Assuming you’re only changing the faucet, here are some estimates for the time, skill level, and cost of the job.
The cost of the project might range from $250 to $1,100 depending on the model you choose. Most of the money will be spent on the fixture itself, which requires minimum supplies.
The job can be completed in one to three hours by a novice home-improvement enthusiast. The most time-consuming part will be removing the old faucet, as the new one is a cinch to set up.
To get the work done, you’ll need a basic knowledge of plumbing and some tool proficiency. There is no need for any prior plumbing experience.
What To Consider Before Installing
Before you start:
- Measure the inside width of the countertop where the sink will be installed.
- Also measure from the front edge of the countertop to the center of the hole that will be drilled for the installation of the pipes.
- Determine if you want to use a metal or plastic sleeve around the pipe (metal sleeves are more durable).
- Make sure the area beneath the countertop does not have any sharp objects such as screws, nails or other pieces of wood.
How To Install Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
So, how to install pull down kitchen faucet? Here are the ways to do it:
- The first thing we’re going to need is our deck plate with the threaded rods already attached. Now, before to installing this, we’re going to apply a bead of silicon to seal the faucet holes. This faucet is now available in a single hole configuration as well. And we’re just going to set it in the sink and fasten it with our two plastic lock nuts.
- After securing the deck plate to the sink, we’re going to install the faucet’s main body. Currently, I’ve tefloned our flexible lines. Now, we’re going to just slide the spray hose down. Simply place it and then use our locknut and washer to attach it from below.
- Now, using our locknut and bracket, we’re going to continue securing our faucet. As you can see, I’ve positioned our bracket in such a way that the hoses are on the inside. As such. I’m just going to tighten it up a little bit further, and then we’re going to use a crescent wrench to secure it all the way.
- Following that, we’ll connect our spray hose. Now, like with our flexible hoses, you’ll want to ensure that this is also tefloned. Using our crescent wrench, secure this.
- Following that, we’ll install our weight. Now, you’ll want to ensure that the weight is installed on the hose side that you’re going to take out, roughly two inches above the hose’s bottom. I’m going to push them on and tighten both screws using our Phillips screwdriver.
- Following that, we’ll connect our water supply lines. I’ll just hand-tighten them on. Utilize our crescent wrench to ensure they are securely fastened.
- After securing our faucet, we’re going to remove the spray head and turn on the water, allowing it to run for approximately a minute to flush out any dirt in our pipes. And then you’ll just replace the washer and we’ll re-thread our spray head.
Our Latest Post:
- The 5 Best Amazon Electric Portable Cookers
- The Best Electric Portable Cookers In 2022
- Coffee Machine Caddy White – What is It? Comprehensive Guide for Learning About It
I love cooking because it’s so relaxing! I just put on my favorite tunes, and then get to work. First I’ll look up what kind of food I want to cook, and find a good recipe for it. Then when the meal is ready everyone usually can’t stop telling me how much they loved everything that was made. It makes me feel really accomplished knowing that people liked what I made for them!