Moen Kitchen Faucet Leaking sometimes we are often confused about how to fix it. Their products are declared by users for their innovative features and useful benefits. On the other hand, just like any other new feature, it might run into some issues. There is only one hope, if the problem is minimal and easy to fix, then it won’t be a big problem. Maybe you will be interested in reading a Moen Kitchen Faucet Quality Review that will help you.
Faucet leaks are one of the most frequent problems associated with faucet systems. It’s normal to be alarmed when something goes wrong. However, it’s better to determine the true cause than to spend money on a professional who may not be able to help. After all, if the problem is simple enough for you to figure out on your own, then there’s no need to hire someone else to help you. To fix your Moen kitchen sink, here’s what you’ll need to do.
Providing the Spare Parts You Need for Moen Kitchen Faucet Leaking
Do you know that Moen sells the parts you need for your faucet? After all, you purchased something from them, didn’t you? Even if they don’t have the part, it’s not a shame to ask them.
To get the best price for your Moen shower head, call the Moen branch in the country where you live. After that, they may ask you to take photos and fill out a form to submit the problem. Make sure you enter all the details and take photos that accurately depict the problem you’re having. Once you’ve gotten the parts you need, Moen will happily ship them out to you. If you’re not the owner of the house you moved into or bought and don’t know, let them know on the application form.
First, you need to identify which type of Moen faucets you have. The company has a variety of designs available for the various kinds of water faucets. However, figuring out the exact kind of house you live in or which design you have might be difficult, especially if you’re not the original owner of it or you simply forgot what type of house you have. The good news is Moen’s website has this feature that helps you identify which model faucet you own.
Equipment / Materials You Need
Yes, you’re going to use your hands to perform the task, but you’ll also need some tools to help get the task done. Here’s an overview of what you’re going to need:
- Philips head screwdriver
- Flat-head screwdriver
- Adjustable wrench
- Allen key (supplied by Moen)
Make sure you turn off the drains
Unless you want the sponge to get wet, always remember to turn off the tap. By doing this, you’ll be able to minimize the amount of water that comes out and this way, there will be less cleaning required. Here’s an important fact: Even if you’ve shut off the faucet, there’s always a good chance some residual liquid will remain in the spigot and cartridge.
Find Pipe Leaks And Fix
A leak can occur in many places. Here are some of the common places it happens and what you can do about it:
Leaking From The Spout
These are caused by an o-ring or grommet on the cartridge that has been scratched. It can also be caused by a broken part, particularly in models that use a handle mechanism.
Here’s what you do:
- Replace the cartridge. You will need to replace both cartridges when you use the two-handle models, but they’re not difficult to install. You can find step-by-step instructions for doing this on the official website. They’re demonstrated through videos.
- If the faucet has a handle mechanism, inspect the parts for any damage. If something is broken, you need to replace the handle. If the handle mechanism is improperly installed, it could cause this problem.
Leaking At The Bottom Of The Spout
If there’s a leaky spout on your faucet, it could be caused by a damaged o-ring or a worn out rubber seal. If this occurs on a pull out or pull down mode, it may be due to a vacuum breaker that is improperly sealing inside the spout receptacle.
Here’s how to fix the issue:
- If you’re using a non-pull out or non-pull down model, replace the o-ring (o-rings) inside the nozzle when using it. The number of o rings your faucet has varies depending on its model so make certain you know the exact model before ordering the correct parts.
- Make sure the connection between the hose nozzle and the wand is secure if using a pullout model. You should see a seal between the two parts of the shower head. If there’s no or if it looks compromised, replace them. A vacuum breaker (sometimes present in some models) may be causing the leak and repairing it usually fixes the problem.
Leaking Between The Spout And The Handle
This is usually caused when there is a scratch or tear in the o-ring located on your cartridge or spout. To fix it, follow these steps:
- On non-pullout or pulldown models, replace the o-ring (o-rings) inside the nozzle and the cartridge.
- When using a pullout or a pulldown faucet, replace the cartridge for the specific one you have.
Leaky faucets are a sign of trouble and should not be ignored. It’s not something that jumps out at you immediately; there are clear signs allude to it. If you do encounter a leaky tap, take the necessary steps immediately to fix the problem. The last thing you should do is let a small issue turn into a full-blown problem! Always make sure you know what kind of faucet you have because this makes it so much easier to find the right parts.
Our Latest Post:
- The Best Reasons to Prepare Your Own Meals More (2023)
- How to Throw a Dinner Party for Foodies – Important Notes for Party Planners (2023)
- Why Your Restaurant Needs A Sustainability Strategy (2023)
Wine Cooler | Waffle Makers | Single Wall Oven
Hi there! I’m a food enthusiast and journalist, and I have a real passion for food that goes beyond the kitchen. I love my dream job and I’m lucky enough to be able to share my knowledge with readers of several large media outlets. My specialty is writing engaging food-related content, and I take pride in being able to connect with my audience. I’m known for my creativity in the kitchen, and I’m confident that I can be the perfect guide for anyone looking to take their culinary journey to the next level.