How To Install a Touchless Faucet
So do you know how to install a touchless faucet? Installing a touchless faucet can be a complicated process. There are many factors to consider before you begin, such as the type of sink and how you want to install it. This article will help you understand the different types of faucets available and how to install them on your own. To install a touchless faucet, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Turn off the water supply.
- Turn off the water supply to the faucet.
- Remove the old faucet by removing the screws from it.
- Replace the new faucet by following the instructions given in the manual.
- Put back the faucet and turn on the water supply. And it’s ready to use.
The kitchen faucet is one of those items we’ve all taken for granted.”homestratosphere.com
What is Touchless Faucet
A touchless faucet is a faucet that has the ability to automatically detect when hands are near the faucet. This is achieved by detecting magnetic field changes caused by people touching the faucet, thereby allowing the faucet to switch on or off. Next, I will explain how the faucet works. In this blog we also have an article about best touchless kitchen faucets that you might want to read about it.
Of all the working parts in a kitchen, the faucet might be the one we use the most. According to the EPA, each American uses an average of 88 gallons of water a day, and a lot of it is to wash hands, rinse off produce, fill the tea kettle, or simply get a glass of water.”Nancy Fann-Im, author from thisoldhouse.com
How Does a Touchless Faucet Work?
To understand how a touchless faucet works, you need to know about the magnetic field generated by human body. The basic idea is that when a person touches something with his/her hand, there is an increase in the magnetic field around that object.
This can be measured by putting your hand near a coil of wire Next, you need to know about the water stream. When a person turns on the faucet, there is a decrease in the magnetic field around the faucet, which is detected by the sensor.
Why You Need Touchless Faucets?
There are several advantages of using touchless faucets:
- The main advantage of touchless faucets is that they are more hygienic and cleaner than traditional ones. Because you don’t have to wash your hands after touching the faucet, it will be easier for you to maintain hygiene and sanitation.
- Next, you don’t have to touch the faucet with your hands, which means that you can save time and effort. You can save up to 10 minutes a day by using touchless faucets.
- Touchless faucets are more energy efficient than traditional ones. Because they do not require human interaction, there is no need for batteries or moving parts, which will save you up to 90% of energy consumption.
- Touchless faucets use less water and money than traditional ones.
- Touchless faucets are easier to install than traditional ones. Because they do not require any physical interaction with the user, they can be installed in many places without affecting other devices or furniture.
Next, you need to know about the design of touchless faucets. Some touchless faucets are very simple, such as those that use a magnetic field to switch on and off the water stream. Others are more complex, like those that have sensors and actuators.
Touchless Faucet vs Traditional Faucet
Traditional faucets are mainly used in kitchens or bathrooms. Touchless faucets can be used in areas that have plumbing, such as kitchens or bath rooms to conserve water and time instead of washing your hands every time you need to turn on the tap. The main difference between touchless faucets and traditional ones is that touching a touchless button will control only one element while touching a traditional handle will close all handles including: hot, cold & mixing spout.
Benefits of Touchless Faucet
- It is more hygienic because no water will splash when turning on the tap.
- It saves you time for everybody including elderly, disabled and busy parents who don’t have enough time to wash their hands every three days from being so busy daily.
- It provides user-friendly experience as it very simple in operation without any tools or complicated interface . You can hear your favorite song while brushing your teeth , what a great solution!
- Installation of touchless faucets are easy with cheaper installation cost than those traditional ones which requiring extensive plumbing installations for each sink & bathroom.
Our Latest Post:
- Cooking Essentials: 5 Best Oils for Fried Rice
- 5 Best Glass Food Storage Containers on Amazon – Expert Reviews
- 4 Best Potato Ricers for Perfect Mashed Potatoes
Hi there! I’m a food enthusiast and journalist, and I have a real passion for food that goes beyond the kitchen. I love my dream job and I’m lucky enough to be able to share my knowledge with readers of several large media outlets. My specialty is writing engaging food-related content, and I take pride in being able to connect with my audience. I’m known for my creativity in the kitchen, and I’m confident that I can be the perfect guide for anyone looking to take their culinary journey to the next level.