Modern kitchen faucet problems often occur with their use and those of us who are laymen will be confused about how to remove a moen kitchen faucets or replace them.maybe you will be interested in reading a Moen Kitchen Faucet Quality Review that will help you.
There are many different types of single handle modern kitchen faucets. They can also be classified according to the type of materials used for their construction. These may include brass, plastic, chrome and porcelain and even stainless steel. But if you want to know more information about them before buying one, then this article can give you an idea on what they look like and how to repair them.
How to Remove a Moen Kitchen Faucet
Remove a Moen Kitchen Faucet by means of unscrewing the stem and nut. Make sure to loosen the screw first, then remove it. Next, unscrew the stem from the handle. You may have to wiggle the stem in order for it to come out. Once you remove the stem, disconnect the hose.
The hose will be fastened with some sort of screws, so make sure to take them off with your pliers before removing the rest of the parts. In order to get rid of the old spout, first loosen the two bolts that are holding it onto the sink. Then turn the spout around until it’s facing away from the sink. Finally, unscrew its mounting brackets.
Steps To Follow to Remove a Moen Kitchen Faucet
Steps to follow to remove a Moen kitchen faucet:
- Loosen the knob.
- Unscrew the stem by turning it counterclockwise. It should start coming out easily after loosening the stem bolt.
- Turn the stem counter-clockwise.
- Pull the stem apart from the handle by pulling on both ends of the stem at once.
- Disconnect the drain hose.
- With the stem still attached to the handle, lift up the top portion of the faucet.
- Lift the entire faucet off the sink.
- Take off all the fasteners.
- Reattach the new spout.
- Wipe off any excess sealant or adhesive residue left behind.
- Fill the sink back up with water. Turn on the cold and hot water tap simultaneously.
Possible Moen Kitchen Faucet Repairs
- Possible things you should pay attention to when repairing modern kitchen faucets are:
- If the ball joint is loose, tighten it with a wrench
- Check the gaskets inside the unit. If they appear worn down, replace them
- Make sure all connections are tight. Check the nuts and washers for proper alignment
- Run plenty of warm water through the system until the spray pattern has evened out and there’s no more leaks
- Don’t let the water run for too long
- Clean the filter if necessary
- Some people advise against using harsh chemicals like bleach or ammonia as cleaning fluids because these can damage rubber seals. Use only mild dish soap and a soft brush.
Replacing the Moen Kitchen Faucet Valve Seat
If the leak continues to replace the valve seat by means of replacing the valve seat. The easiest way to do it is by following the steps above but instead of lifting up the top portion of your faucet, you need to lift up the bottom part. Take care not to lose any of the threads while doing this. You can use a couple of paper towels to help you hold on to the piece when lifting it up.
Once you’ve removed the old valve seat, use a putty knife to pry it open enough to slide in the new part. Secure it by tightening down the nut and washer, then reassemble the pieces just like you did before. When done, just push down firmly on the handle to close everything back together.
Removing and Cleaning the Cartridge Moen Kitchen Faucet
Are you confused about how to remove and clean the kitchen faucet cartridge, now we’re going to tell you clearly here! First of all, you must know what kind of cartridge you have. To find this information, simply look at the bottom of the cartridge or at the manufacturer’s website. Once you know which type you have, read the instructions below carefully.
Cartridges are generally made for different brands and models of kitchen faucets, so you’ll need to check the specifications to see where yours matches up. For example, most cartridges come in sets of two (dual-control), with one set connected to hot water and another set connected to cold. Some cartridges connect to either hot or cold water, but others may also control pressure. These are called “pressure balanced” cartridges. A few cartridges have three separate controls – one for temperature, one for pressure, and one for volume flow rate – sometimes referred to as a “smart switch”. Most smart switches operate on a digital display that turns lights green when the setting is correct.
The first step is to turn off the water supply to your kitchen faucet. Remove the aerator from the spigot end of the faucet. Now unscrew the cartridge from below the countertop. Be careful not to lose any of those screws; they are very small (and hard to get). Slide the cartridge out by pulling it straight upward.
Remove the remaining parts of the cartridge and hose assembly. Then wipe each component thoroughly with a damp cloth. Wipe away any residual moisture and dry each piece completely. Apply some dishwashing liquid to the parts to make sure there’s no rust left over from exposure to air. And be prepared: It takes time to fully dry every single part of the assembly.
Now it’s time to install the new cartridge. As mentioned earlier, you should already know what type of cartridge you have if you’ve checked its specifications. If not, go ahead and follow the installation instructions I gave you earlier. Make sure you tighten the cartridge properly into place after installation. You might want to use a screwdriver to check for tightness.
Our Latest Post:
- Best 3 White Wine To Cook Mussels On Amazon (2022)
- How to Cook Perfect Rice With Less Expensive Rice Cooker! In 2022
- Top 3 Best Vegetables Seasoning Blend on Amazon (2022)
Shop & Donate
For every purchase in the month of March 2022, we will donate $5 from every transaction to a selected charity every month. Place your order today by visiting our store!