Clean Baked-on grease can be an eyesore, especially when it comes to your glass dishes. If you’re dealing with a particularly stubborn stain, there are few easy remedies that you can try out. To loosen any grated spots, put in the bottom of your glassware a blend of dish soap, hot water and baking soda.
In addition, the stain can be weakened using a dryer sheet, soda and vinegar, a Magic Eraser, or toothpaste. You can save time and effort to clean baked routine with a small elbow grate and the right supply! Or if you are looking for another tools to clean baked, you need to know about best oven cleaner to help your kitchen activity .
Soaking with Dish Soap and Baking Soda
1. Coat the bottom of the dish with a liquid soap and baking soda. Using a bottle of standard dish soap, drizzle a cherry-sized amount of cleaner over the greasy parts of the dish. Next, sprinkle at least 1 tsp (6 g) of baking soda over the especially greasy areas. If your glass is completely covered in baked-on grease, feel free to use more baking soda as you see fit.
- You can use whatever type of dish soap that you have on hand.
2. Fill the glass dish with hot water. Fill the bottom of your glass dish with hot water until the dish soap and baking soda are completely covered. Continue pouring until about 1 in (2.5 cm) of the dish is filled. If you’re cleaning a smaller dish, you might not need to use as much water.
- Hot water helps wear down old stains like baked-on grease.
3. Wait 15 minutes so the dish can soak. Don’t wipe off any grease until you’ve given the dish soap and baking soda enough time to soak. If the baked-on grease stain is especially bad, let the dish soak for at least 30 minutes.
- If you want, you can also soak your greasy dishes overnight.
4. Scrub down the greasy spots with an abrasive sponge. Pour the dirty, sudsy water into the sink. Using a clean baked, abrasive sponge, start rubbing over the stubborn grease spots. Once you’ve cleaned off the baked-on grease, rinse off any leftover residue with warm water.
Using a Dryer Sheet to Soak the Dish
1. Fill the bottom of the dish with warm water. Pour enough water into the dish to cover all of the grease spots. If when you clean baked-on grease is stuck to the sides of the dish, you can add more water.
- Don’t use cool water for this, or the grease might not come off.
2. Pour a pea-sized amount of dish soap into the water. Drizzle a small amount of soap along the bottom of the dish, so the grease can be soaked away. Next, try spreading the soap around, so entire dish is sudsy.
- Any kind of dish soap will work for this process.
3. Place 1 dryer sheet into the glass dish. Place the item on top of the water, so it can float in the center of the dish. If you’re cleaning an especially large item, consider soaking multiple dryer sheets in the sudsy water.
- Similar to the dish soap, the chemicals in the dryer sheet help to work away the grease from the dish.
4. Leave the sheet in the glassware for at least 10 minutes. Set a timer, then step away from the soaking dish. Don’t try to scrub or rinse out the dish; instead, give the grease time to loosen and soak. After 10 minutes pass, remove the dryer sheets and toss them out.
- If you remove the dryer sheet right away, you won’t notice a difference.
5. Wipe off the baked on grease with a sponge. Take an abrasive sponge and scrub over the clean baked-on grease spots. Use short, quick motions to coax the grease off your dish, until you’ve removed all the residue. Continue scrubbing the bottom surface and edges of the dish to completely clean off the dish.
Hello, I’m Vidi! Writing and food are two very interesting things. Writing is a way to express myself, and food will be the best thing to accompany it.
It is a dream for me to be able to try as many types of food as possible, because each food has its own characteristics and story.
So far, with my traveling hobby, several places I’ve visited have never missed to try regional specialties. it is a pleasure in itself. who wouldn’t be interested in that? I really want to spend my time exploring the world, visiting every best place, and of course trying every special dish. So i’ll get lot of ideas to write about food with my experience.