I am an avid purchaser of tuna in the supermarket, and I eat it often. This is despite the fact that I am, on the average, smoking up my fish.
Today, I would like to share an excellent ahi tuna ceviche recipe that not only tastes great, but is also a fabulous stew. This ahi tuna ceviche recipe is incredibly easy to make, and the best news is that it doesn’t take that long to cook. So, all you need is some good olive oil and the best fish of tuna. While smoking up your fish, you can also make use of the wood cutlery to cut it up.
This is important as it is an entire meal in itself. Please remember that if you want to extremely savory and juicy tuna, then you need to make sure that it is cooked in the right heat. Cold cooking is not the same as broiling or smoking.
It is important that you broil, or grill, the fish. The fish will continue to cook, turning frequently, thus resulting in wonderfully grilled, juicy tuna. With the ideal amount of salt and the right amount of time, you can’t go wrong.
Summer nights or a simple party appetizer call for Ahi Tuna Ceviche! This quick and easy ceviche recipe with Ahi Tuna will quickly become your favorite ceviche recipe! It’s fantastic!
Sometimes all I want to do is make something that doesn’t require a grill, a fire, ovens, stovetops, or crock-pots. There will be no cooking. In the traditional sense, at least. With the arrival of warm summer weather, I decided it was time to make ahi tuna ceviche recipe, one of my favorite summertime dishes.
What is It?
Ceviche is a marinated or ‘cooked’ fish by using acids such as lemon or lime plus other flavoring elements. South American cuisine has different types of ceviche (or cebiche) seafood varying from one country to another. Citrus’ acid is denatured or altered, including killing some bacteria, in the texture of fish. But new ingredients help to minimize potential pathogenic problems, such as sushi grade tuna.
Ingredients of Ahi Tuna Ceviche Recipe
The principal star from this tuna ceviche recipe is Ahi Tuna. It is light, cool, grassy, and has a very good texture. Finding and buying fresh Ahi Tuna is the most important factor, ideally sushi. The sushi grade has often been frozen to kill any other acid bacteria. Try to find the freshest tuna you can if it’s not sushi grade, you caught the day ideally.
Following the fish, the rest of the ingredients add flavor and texture.
- Citrus – The lime is the key agent in the marinade that will help cook the fish.
- Red Onion – Adding an onion factor adds a nice acidic bite and complements the lime.
- Tomatoes – The tomatoes, especially romas, will add a fresh flavor.
- Heat – Jalapeno adds a vegetal and slightly hot flavor.
- Herbal – Cilantro and lime zest will add a fresh herbal note.
- Avocado – Fresh avocado offsets the acid since we add it after the marinade. The fresh flavor and texture is a nice offset to the acidic and bright flavors.
- Crostini – Find your favorite bread and make into a crunchy crostini to place the ceviche on. Or use your favorite corn chips.
How to Make Ahi Tuna Ceviche
Ceviche’s nearly like salsa making. Contrary to salsa, the main ingredient (your fish of choice) must be marinated with lime juice in the refrigerator for a short period of time. It will “cook” like that. It is not heat cooked, it is lime juice acid cooked.
Shop & Donate
For every purchase in the month of March 2022, we will donate $5 from every transaction to a selected charity every month. Place your order today by visiting our store!
- Start by cutting your raw Ahi tuna into small bite size chunks (like 1/4 – 1/2 inch chunks). Place the fish into a bowl with other ingredients (except the avocado and crostini) and allow it to marinate in the refrigerator.
- Everyone will have different thoughts on how long it should cook. For a white fish we only need to marinate for around 20 – 30 minutes. But for Ahi Tuna I like to go one hour to really soak up the flavors of this marinade.
- When done, strain from the marinade, add the avocado and then serve in your favorite dish.
Chef’s Tip: Class Sushi Ahi tuna ceviche can be eaten rough, but it will not only be cooked by marinating in lime juice, but it will also be delicious – a delightful citrus savor. You are quick to devorate and go back for seconds, but you don’t feel guilty because it is so fresh and healthy, like flavoring your mouth. It is like melting your mouth.