There are a number types of nespresso capsules options offered by Nespresso. Whether you prefer bold flavors or single-origin coffee, you can find capsules that meet your needs. Here are the different kinds of Nespresso capsules available. Looking for the best nespresso capsules? We have some reviews you can use as reference.
Types of Nespresso Capsules: Espresso Capsules
As a “shorter” coffee, they are intended for consumption as an espresso or in a beverage that does not involve a large volume of water. Nespresso machines have coffee capsules that can be put directly into the cups and consumed straight away. Among the most well known Nespresso products, these capsules are the ones people most often consume.
Although they are “shorter” coffees, this does not mean they are weak. The Espresso capsules come in a good variety of intensities. Rather than sourcing beans from one origin only, they blend them into a blend. Espresso capsules come in four types:
- Capriccio, a very light espresso with cereal notes.
- The Volluto espresso has a sweet, fruit-like flavor. There are also biscuity notes present.
- Livanto is a beer with a caramelized flavor as well as some malty notes.
- The Cosi coffee is fruity and has notes of cereal and toast.
Types of Nespresso Capsules: Intenso Capsules
The “intense” capsules from Nespresso have the greatest intensity of all the brand’s capsules. With an intensity score of 9-12, Nespresso’s Intenso capsules are the highest scoring among the company’s products. These capsules provide an intense, bold flavor with a full, tasty profile.
The five kinds of Intenso capsules are:
- Arpeggio , which features woody, cocoa, and grilled notes.
- Roma, which is very woody and has a strong roasted flavor.
- Ristretto , which provides chocolate hints.
- Dharkan, an especially intense coffee that tastes of toasted cereal and bitter cocoa powder.
- Kazaark, the most intense coffee Nespresso offers. Its flavor is rich yet creamy with peppery notes.
Types of Nespresso Capsules: Pure Origine Capsules
Nespresso’s single-origin capsule is perfect for those who enjoy single-origin coffee. Single-origin coffee beans are used in the Pure Origine capsules. It is entirely determined by the region where the beans were grown that the flavor and taste of the beans is different.
Nespresso’s Pure Origine capsules are sourced from:
- Ethiopia, which has notes of wood and musk as well as a floral flavor profile.
- India, which features nutmeg, cloves, and cocoa flavors.
- Colombia, which provides a unique taste of cranberries and blackcurrants.
- Brazil, which has a flavor profile akin to toasted grain.
Types of Nespresso Capsules: Lungo Capsules
We’ve created these capsules for “longer” drinks-drinks where more water will be added to the coffee. Lungo capsules, for instance, are perfect for making lattes and cappuccinos. When water or milk is added, they’ll produce a more subtle taste and more complex flavors that are well-balanced.
Lungo capsules come in four varieties:
- Linizio Lungo , a low-intensity coffee with cereal notes.
- Vivalto Lungo , which features cereal, roasted, and floral notes.
- Fortissio Lungo , which is intense but a little sweeter with malty toasted notes.
- Envivo Lungo , also intense with a woody, caramelized taste that incorporates a gingerbread flavor.
Types of Nespresso Capsules: Decaffeinato Capsules
These capsules are decaffeinated, as you may have guessed. It’s important to remember that decaf isn’t necessarily caffeine-free; since Nespresso offers additional information on its caffeine content, which is 0.1%, it’s completely caffeine-free. However, all of the natural caffeine has been removed from the capsules, making it a great choice for people who want to reduce their caffeine intake but cannot quite give up their coffee.
There are four different Decaffeinato capsules:
- Decaffeinato Arpeggio, which has woody hints and cocoa. It also is of a higher intensity.
- Decaffeinato Vivalto Lungo, which is also woodsy but features floral and cereal notes.
- Decaffeinato Intenso , a chocolatey coffee that is also more intense.
- Decaffeinato Volluto, which has biscuit, sweet, and fruity notes.
Types of Nespresso Capsules: Variation Capsules
These capsules are perfect for people who enjoy flavored coffee. They’re essentially the Espresso capsule with certain flavors added, so your coffee has that kick of extra taste. These Variation capsules include:
- Vanilio Grand Cru , a vanilla-flavored coffee that’s smooth, sweet, and velvety.
- Caramelito Grand Cru , which is caramel-flavored. It has a full body with a delicate flavor and a creamy, smooth finish.
- Ciocattino Grand Cru, which provides a chocolate flavor. It has a dark bitterness that blends perfectly with espresso, resulting in a full and rich profile.
H! I'm Almasa Amir! I'm a writer and an eater. That has been my motto for a long time. I've been writing since the third grade, when my mom gave me a notebook to write my thoughts and feelings in. But mostly I love food than any other else in the world!
I love food so much that it's my passion. My favorite foods are
pizza, tacos, and sushi; however there is not one type of food that I don't enjoy eating.
Food brings people together in the most amazing way! When you're hungry and someone offers you some delicious food, your heart warms up with happiness because they really care about you. Food can be found anywhere from grocery stores to restaurants or even at home cooking for your family! It doesn't matter where (or how) good food is served--you will always find me somewhere near it.