Instant pot hard boiled eggs are quick, easy, and always precisely done! To utilize in your favorite hard boiled egg recipes, learn how to create soft boiled, medium, or hard boiled eggs in the instant pot.
Hard boiled eggs (particularly farm-fresh eggs) in the instant pot are easy to peel and perfect for these Easter egg chicks or these delectable guacamole stuffed eggs!
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
We used to make hard boiled eggs on the stovetop until we found the instant pot. Whether you’re making two eggs or a dozen hard boiled eggs, this procedure is quick and simple. It’s quite simple to prepare batch after batch. There are no more overcooked green egg yolks since the results are always consistent!
Finally! Easy Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
Because farm-fresh eggs are easy to peel, the instant pot is the perfect way to hard boil them. I used to despise boiling my mother’s fresh eggs since half of the whites would be wasted in the peeling process. They were a shambles and unattractive for deviled eggs. Because hard boiling fresh farm eggs in a pressure cooker makes them easier to peel, the instant pot is by far the finest option to do it.
Tips for the Best Instant Pot Eggs
- Timings below are for large eggs. For medium eggs, reduce cook time by 1 minute and increase by 1 minute for extra large eggs.
- Start with refrigerated eggs.
- It’s ok to stack eggs on the rack, but eggs should not touch the water or walls of the instant pot.
- Transfer cooked eggs to a bowl of ice water right away to prevent overcooking.
- We use a 6 Qt 7-in-1 Instant Pot Duo. You may need to experiment timings using a smaller or larger pressure cooker or best electric egg cooker.
How Long to Boil Eggs in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Soft Boiled Eggs: For consistently fully cooked egg whites with a wet yolk, 5 minutes on high pressure was required. I’ve read tutorials that state 4 minutes, 3 minutes, or even 2 minutes, but I found that anything less than 5 minutes left a section of the whites soggy and difficult to peel.
- Medium Boiled Eggs: A range of 6-8 minutes seemed to all produced medium boiled eggs. These have fully cooked whites with a6-8 minutes seemed to produce medium cooked eggs in all cases. The whites are fully cooked, with a delicate and somewhat creamy interior.
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs: It took 9-10 minutes on high pressure, with the last 10 minutes being a dry yolk, which is great for producing deviled eggs.
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs Full Recipe
Ingredients of Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe
- 12 eggs (refrigerated)
- 1 cup water
Instructions of Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe
- Place wire rack (that comes with instant pot) in the bowl of the instant pot. Add 1 cup water.Arrange 2-12 eggs on the rack (so they aren’t touching the water or bowl).
- Secure the lid and set lever to “sealing” position. Cook on manual “high pressure” and set timer for desired doneness (5 min for soft boiled, 6-8 min for medium, 9-10 minutes for hard boiled eggs). Once instant pot reaches high pressure (which takes 5-6 minutes), your set timer will automatically start counting down.
- As soon as your timer is up, use a hot mitt to switch the lever to “venting” position (a hot burst of steam will release). When pressure is fully released and pressure indicator has drops, remove lid and use tongs to transfer hot eggs to a bowl of ice water for 5 minutes before peeling.
I hope you give instant pot hard boiled eggs method a try. If you have farm fresh eggs or struggle with peeling, this easy peel hard boiled eggs method is keeper!
Hi there! I’m a food enthusiast and journalist, and I have a real passion for food that goes beyond the kitchen. I love my dream job and I’m lucky enough to be able to share my knowledge with readers of several large media outlets. My specialty is writing engaging food-related content, and I take pride in being able to connect with my audience. I’m known for my creativity in the kitchen, and I’m confident that I can be the perfect guide for anyone looking to take their culinary journey to the next level.