What size bento box do I need? Bento boxes are a great way to pack a healthy lunch for work or school. What size should you get? Some popular bento boxes are the 3 tier bento box, the 3 compartment bento box, and the 6 compartment bento box.
So, what size do you need? Read this article until end to know more about it. In this blog, we also have an article about best bento boxes for kids that you might want to read about it.
What Size Bento Box Do I Need
Bento boxes come in many shapes and sizes. Some of the most popular sizes are the small, medium, and large. Here are the breakdown for it:
- For small children, the S Box (volume equal or less than 500 ml) is ideal. It may also be a suitable side-dish container.
- With a volume ranging from 500 to 780 ml, M Boxes (for persons with reduced calorie demands and/or older people) offer ample space for lunch. Adults and teenagers may utilize the larger ones (around 700 litres).
- It is necessary to prepare a nutritious and complete lunch for an adult or a teenager in full development in L Boxes (Volume is up to 1 l).
- Picnics, dinners, parties, and celebrations may all benefit from the usage of XL Boxes, the last and largest category. These can comfortably accommodate a big group.
What Material Should I Pick?
Aside from aesthetics, each of these materials offers distinct benefits that should be taken into account when making a purchase.
- – Plastic: Plastics are great for everyday use since they are lightweight and easy to maintain. Dishwasher and microwave safe are the norm for most. As a result, plastic has the potential to be more versatile than wood or even metal. School or work? Bring them along!
- – Wood: Bento boxes have traditionally been made of wood. Wooden boxes are more than simply utilitarian objects; they are pieces of beauty. However, they have two negatives; they are more difficult to maintain and more expensive.
- – Metal: Metal boxes are uncommon, but they come with a long list of benefits, including the fact that they are very durable, even when subjected to the ravages of time and blows. Keeping them as dry as possible is all you need to do to maintain them in good condition (most of them are built from stainless steel anyway). For individuals who fancy themselves “adventurers” or just want a reliable container they can rely on. Plus, they’re the most friendly to the environment.
However, these are just general patterns; if you take the time to peruse our product selection, you may come across some very unique boxes that defy the “rules.”
Why Choosing Bento Box
Choosing the right bento box for your needs isn’t always straightforward.
- First, consider your lifestyle. You will likely spend much of your free time at home. If you’re like most people, you’ll probably eat a lot of meals in the refrigerator while watching TV, surfing the web, or doing chores. This means that any type of box that is easily transportable will be invaluable. In other words, if you usually bring lunch to work, then a smaller one would be perfect. On the other hand, if you typically buy groceries and cook dinner after work, then you might want a bigger, heavier box so that you don’t accidentally drop your food during transportation.
- Next, choose a style based on how often you plan to use it. Do you have frequent picnickers at your house? Then you’d better get something sturdy and large. Are you planning on packing snacks for your child’s school trip next week? Choose something light and sleek. Or, what about those special occasions where you want to impress someone? Maybe you prefer the grandeur of a wooden box with elegant artwork or intricate engravings. Whatever your preference, there’s surely a bento to match your personality and lifestyle.
- Finally, think about how many lunches you tend to pack. A bento box that takes up too much room won’t necessarily be less useful than a box that holds fewer items. It all depends on how often you actually put things inside. But if you use a box every day, why not make it last longer by cutting back to only three or four items? It’s worth considering.
- The best way to find out which bento box is right for you is to try one out. Shop around online or visit your local store for a variety of options. The truth is, no matter what kind of box you end up choosing, you’ll never go wrong with the classic bento.
Our Latest Post:
💻 Wine Cooler | Waffle Makers | Single Wall Oven
Hi there! I’m a food enthusiast and journalist, and I have a real passion for food that goes beyond the kitchen. I love my dream job and I’m lucky enough to be able to share my knowledge with readers of several large media outlets. My specialty is writing engaging food-related content, and I take pride in being able to connect with my audience. I’m known for my creativity in the kitchen, and I’m confident that I can be the perfect guide for anyone looking to take their culinary journey to the next level.