Can I use tortilla press for pizza dough? A tortilla press is a simple kitchen tool that has the ability to make thin and flat tortillas. A lot of people use this tool to prepare their favorite dish like pizza, quesadillas, tacos, etc. But it turns out that tortilla presses are not just for making dinner. Many people also use them for other purposes. Read this article until end to know more about can I use tortilla press for pizza dough. In this blog, we also have an article about best tortilla presses that you might want to read about it.
A tortilla press is a traditional device with a pair of flat round surfaces of about 8-inch plus to crush balls of corn dough in order to obtain round corn tortillas or flour tortillas.”Wikipedia.org
What Is A Tortilla Press
A tortilla press is a device used to make tortillas. It is a machine that flattens the dough into thin discs, which are then fried. Tortillas are often served as a breakfast food in Mexico and parts of the United States. They are also commonly used as a base for burritos, tacos, quesadillas, and other dishes.
Some tortilla presses have wheels that can roll the dough through the pressing process. These presses must be set up on flat surfaces such as tables or countertops. The pressed dough can then be rolled out with a rolling pin before being cooked.
Other tortilla presses consist of two cylinders. One cylinder has sharp edges while the other one has smooth edges. The user rolls the dough between these two cylinders, flattening it until it becomes thin enough to fry. This type of tortilla press can be made portable by using casters so they can be moved from place to place.
A tortilla press is an affordable and worthwhile investment that streamlines making homemade tortillas.”Mackenzie Ryan, foodabovegold.com
Can I Use Tortilla Press For Pizza Dough
So, can I use tortilla press for pizza dough? Yes, you can use tortilla press for pizza dough. You can make the dough as you normally do but you will need to press it out of the tortilla press. You can also use a tortilla press to make tortillas and other flatbreads. Here are the steps to use tortilla press for pizza dough:
- Measure the ingredients needed for the dough.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil, salt, and yeast.
- Knead the ingredients with your hands until they come together.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise for at least 1 hour.
- Once the dough has risen, punch down the dough. Shape the dough into pizza shape. Roll the dough out onto a clean surface.
- Place the dough inside the tortilla press. Set the tortilla press to the desired temperature, usually medium heat.
- Once ready, remove the dough and cook it in the tortilla press for about 15-20 seconds per side.
- Remove the dough from the tortilla press. Slice the pizza and enjoy!
Consideration Before Choosing Tortilla Press
The tortilla press is one of the most popular kitchen tools. Tortilla presses are used to make corn tortillas. It is also used to flatten other kinds of dough. You can buy tortilla presses in different sizes and shapes. Here are some considerations before choosing tortilla press:
Tortilla Press Size
There are tons of tortilla presses available on the market. Some people love small tortilla presses because they are easier to store when not in use. However, there are also bigger models which allow for more room. So, consider what size you require when buying a tortilla press. Smaller ones can be stored easily if you have limited space. Larger ones can give you ample room to work.
If you plan to use your tortilla press frequently, then you should go for a model that fits in your car. It would be convenient for example if you wanted to take it camping. You don’t want to lug around heavy equipment everywhere you go.
There are certain temperatures where you should set your tortilla press. Most tortilla presses are equipped with a digital display showing the current setting. This means that you know exactly how hot or cold your tortilla press is. But just in case you aren’t sure, here are the recommended settings for each type of tortilla press:
- Soft – 105 degrees Fahrenheit (40 degrees Celsius)
- Medium – 120 degrees Fahrenheit (49 degrees Celsius)
- Hard – 140 degrees Fahrenheit (60 degrees Celsius)
- Very hard – 160 degrees Fahrenheit (71 degrees Celsius)
Our Latest Post:
Shop & Donate
For every purchase in the month of March 2022, we will donate $5 from every transaction to a selected charity every month. Place your order today by visiting our store!
- How To Fix Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
- How To Clean A Pull Down Kitchen Faucet Spray
- What Is A Dish Rack Used For? 7 Superb Usages Of Dish Rack That You Should Know