Do you need a spoon rest? Spoon rests are a necessary accessory for your cooking utensils. They help to ensure that your utensils don’t roll off the counter while you are stirring something in the pot. While they may seem like a simple device, spoon rests can be surprisingly versatile and add a little bit of style to your kitchen. Read this article until end to know more about do you need a spoon rest or not. In this blog, we also have an article about best spoon rest that you might want to read about it.
A spoon rest is a piece of kitchenware that serves as a place to lay spoons and other cooking utensils, to prevent cooking fluids from getting onto countertops, as well as keeping the spoon from touching any contaminants that might be on the counter.”Wikipedia.org
What is a spoon rest
A spoon rest is a small device which keeps the spoon in the right position. It is designed to keep the spoon in a horizontal position while eating and is used to prevent the spoon from slipping off the plate. It prevents you from spilling food on your clothes or table, which can be messy and unhygienic. Spoon rests are available in different shapes and sizes and can be used on any type of table or countertop.
A spoon rest is often overlooked as a kitchen accessory, but it isn’t simply a knickknack. A great spoon rest is a highly functional and indispensable tool for making life in the kitchen easier.”Jou Manning, author from thespruceeats.com
Do You Need A Spoon Rest
There are a number of benefits of spoon rest. Here are the reasons why do you need a spoon rest:
- Spoons are slippery when wet. If you don’t have a spoon rest it’s very easy for you to get food out of your mouth onto your hands or table. This could cause your meal to go flying all over the place. A spoon rest will stop this from happening.
- Spoons slide off plates easily. If you’re having dinner with friends they might ask you to pass some more food around the table. You may not want to reach across the table because it would require you to bend down. For most people it’s easier to just pick up the fork and put it back on their plate than to bend down and try to find the spoon that has slipped off the edge of the plate. With a spoon rest there’s no danger of picking up the wrong one.
- Spoons slip off glasses easily. If you’re at a party and someone asks you if you’d like another glass of wine you’ll probably grab the nearest object and hold it. Your drink doesn’t stand much chance of being held but when using a glass without a spoon rest it’s possible to knock the glass out of your hand if you accidentally hit something else in the process. Using a spoon rest allows you to take things from the side of the table instead of holding them directly.
- Spoon stands upright. When you use a spoon without a spoon rest it tends to lean forward slightly. This means that after you’ve finished eating you usually end up putting the spoon down on a slanted surface rather than resting it flat. This can make the spoon difficult to clean later. A spoon rest will keep the spoon upright so that everything goes straight into the dishwasher.
- Spoons stay where they belong. Most people tend to drop spoons on the floor once they’ve eaten. Having said that, even people who aren’t clumsy often forget about their spoons and leave them lying around. Even though most people know that these items should be kept on the table, not every person remembers where they should be stored. Spoon rests help you remember where to store your spoons.
- Spoon rests are easy to store. They come in many shapes and sizes and look good too. Some are made of stainless steel and others are plastic. Stainless steel looks better in the kitchen as it won’t stain easily. The design of a spoon rest also depends on how it will be used. If you expect to eat with other people then you’ll want to choose a design that matches the style of dining room you live in. Plastic designs are cheaper and therefore ideal for smaller kitchens where space isn’t an issue.
- Spoon rests are safe. People sometimes leave knives lying around the house. Knives fall off tables easily and can be dangerous. A knife left lying around the kitchen could cut yourself or someone else. There are plenty of injuries caused by leaving a knife within reach of children or pets.
Consideration before choosing spoon rest
Spoon rest is a kind of device that helps in keeping the tableware in place. It is a simple, effective and useful tool for any home or restaurant. Here are some consideration before choosing spoon rest:
- Look at what you have. Do you have enough? Is the size of your table big enough? Will you accommodate any future additions such as a new baby or new kitchen appliances? Can you invest in a larger table or do you have to settle for a smaller table?
- Does your table have enough space? Are all legs stable? What is the distance between the edge of the table and the wall? Is there a gap between the table top and the base? If not, consider adding a shelf underneath the table for extra storage.
- How many people will you serve? Do you only entertain small groups or do you prefer to entertain bigger numbers? How many chairs does your table accommodate?
- Style matters. Choose one that suits your table and the rest of the kitchen. You don’t want to go for a funky looking one that clashes with the rest of your decor.
- Consider ergonomics. A well-designed table rest has arms that support the bowl or plate and prevent it from slipping while the stem provides stability for the utensil.
- Pick one that fits. Not all spoon rests are created equal. You need to pick one that will suit both your needs and your budget.
Our Latest Post:
Was this helpful?
Hi there! I’m a food enthusiast and journalist, and I have a real passion for food that goes beyond the kitchen. I love my dream job and I’m lucky enough to be able to share my knowledge with readers of several large media outlets. My specialty is writing engaging food-related content, and I take pride in being able to connect with my audience. I’m known for my creativity in the kitchen, and I’m confident that I can be the perfect guide for anyone looking to take their culinary journey to the next level.