Consuming coffee in the morning is indeed a moodbooster for some people. We also have to know the negative and positive effects of drinking coffee. Especially as an encouragement to undergo morning activities. You may also be interested in our articles 3 Best Coffee Machines For Americanos Reviews on Amazon! which may be of use to you.
Although the trend of coffee consumption is increasing, knowledge about the impact caused by coffee consumption is not widely understood by the public. If you are a person who likes to consume coffee, let’s first know the positive and negative impacts on your body.
Negative and Positive Effects of Drinking Coffee
Coffee is the favorite drink of many people. The variety of coffee drinks is now more and more. Starting from sachet coffee, Indonesian coffee, imported coffee, to a variety of contemporary coffee drinks.
During this time, coffee is believed to be a drink that can make us awake because it contains caffeine. Even so, coffee actually contains not only caffeine and not only able to make us awake.
There are many benefits of the negative effects that we can receive after drinking coffee. The following are positive and negative impacts on the body.
Positive Effects of Drinking Coffee
Along with the rise of contemporary coffee shops and a shift in people’s consumption interest, the trend of coffee consumption has increased dramatically. Coffee is an integral part of everyday life, starting from consuming a cup of warm coffee to accompany waking up in the morning to ordering contemporary coffee to accompany afternoon activities at the office.
Undoubtedly, some of the compounds in coffee do have many benefits for the body. However, with a note, the amount and consumption must be within reasonable limits and with the right dose. The following are some of the positive effects of consuming coffee.
- Coffee can reduce the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
- Can reduce the risk of developing Parkinson’s disease
- Drinking coffee can help improve short-term memory in humans. This is because the caffeine contained in coffee reacts chemically to stimulate and assist our brains in capturing and focusing on information that has been received for certain short-term memory.
- Can reduce headaches, the content in coffee or caffeine can increase the effect of drugs that function to relieve headaches that are not prolonged such as aspirin, midol and excedrin. Most headache and migraine medications can contain caffeine even in small amounts.
- Coffee is an effective antioxidant.
- Coffee is a good diuretic. People who drink coffee will often urinate. This is good for helping the human body get rid of all substances or content that is no longer needed for the body.
- May help reduce the risk of developing kidney stones.
Negative Effects of Drinking Coffee
Coffee is a popular drink that is very popular. Although it has many benefits, if consumed in excess, the side effects of drinking coffee can cause health problems.
Who doesn’t know coffee? Drinks with a distinctive taste and aroma have been popular for a long time. The trend of drinking coffee is increasing along with the number of coffee shops in various places.
- Tooth decay, coffee causes tartar and teeth to turn yellow when consumed in too much
- Causes incontinence, caffeine can cause incontinence => or rather can not control the urination. The University of Alabama conducted a study showing that women who consume a lot of caffeine are 70% more likely to experience incontinence.
- Insomnia, caffeine can cause insomnia or not being able to sleep at night. Caffeine that is in a person’s system at bedtime can cause symptoms of insomnia.
- Disturbing digestion, the effects of drinking coffee can cause indigestion. People who often consume caffeinated drinks will feel stomach pain or other digestive disorders. This is especially the case when the drink is consumed on an empty stomach.
- Headache, caffeine can cause headaches. While occasional light doses of caffeine can relieve headache symptoms, excessive caffeine use can cause headaches and lead to migraines.
- Fertility Problems, caffeine can reduce fertility in women. A study from The University of Nevada School of Medicine suggests that caffeine can lower a woman’s chances of getting pregnant by about 27%.
- Risk of Miscarriage, the dangers of drinking coffee for women at risk of miscarriage. In a recent study, consuming at least two caffeinated beverages a day during the weeks pregnant women before conception slightly increased the risk of miscarriage.
- At risk for people with diabetes, caffeine may also be unhealthy for people with type 2 diabetes to consume. A study conducted by the American Diabetes Association showed that caffeine impairs glucose metabolism in those with type 2 diabetes.
- Heart Disorders, consuming coffee can cause stronger heart contractions. A study showed that after drinking too much caffeine, the heart can produce more strong contractions. It is not clear whether this has long term health implications or not except for those who are already aware of the health conditions themselves.
Our Latest Post:
- Exploring the Differences: Crystal Boba Vs Tapioca Pearls
- Delicious Keto-Friendly Crystal Boba Recipe for Sugar-Free Bubble Tea Drinks
- Tips for Storing Crystal Boba and How Long Does It Last?
Was this helpful?
Hi there! I’m a food enthusiast and journalist, and I have a real passion for food that goes beyond the kitchen. I love my dream job and I’m lucky enough to be able to share my knowledge with readers of several large media outlets. My specialty is writing engaging food-related content, and I take pride in being able to connect with my audience. I’m known for my creativity in the kitchen, and I’m confident that I can be the perfect guide for anyone looking to take their culinary journey to the next level.