Most of us have a coffee maker or tea kettle at home, but how many of us know how to clean them? How to clean electric kettle? These appliances are so essential to our lives that we cannot imagine living without them. But cleaning these appliances can be quite a task. Here are some simple steps you can follow to clean electric kettle. In this blog, we also have an article about cuisinart electric kettle that you might want to read about it.
Electric kettles are a type of tea kettle that is a self contained heating unit used to boil water for tea and other beverages.”Malcolm Tatum, author from wisegeek.com
What is a electric kettle?
An electric kettle is a kettle that runs on electricity. Most of them have a digital display that lets you see the time and temperature. You turn the switch on and then wait for the kettle to boil. It will turn itself off after it’s boiled the water. If you want to turn it off manually, you just pull the plug out.
The electric kettle was invented in the 1970s by an engineer called George Jung, who wanted to create a kettle that could run on electricity instead of gas. The kettle was a big hit and electric kettles are now the most popular kind of kettle.
There are also automatic electric kettles that automatically stop boiling when they reach the desired temperature. They can be found with either a traditional or modern design. Electric kettles can easily fit into any kitchen because their size makes them easy to store away. Here are some things you should know about using your electric kettle:
- You don’t need to use special cleaning products when cleaning your electric kettle. All you need is warm water and dishwashing liquid.
- If you leave your electric kettle plugged in overnight, turn it off in the morning.
- Use a rubber ring to protect the faucet from getting damaged when you’re filling up your kettle.
- Never fill your kettle all the way up. Always put less than half full.
- Always unplug your electric kettle before storing it.
Kettles are among the simplest of household appliances. Lift the lid and peer inside and you’ll see, at the very bottom of the water container, a coil of thick metal called the heating element.”Chris Woodford, author from explainthatstuff.com
How To Clean Electric Kettle
Electric kettles are used for boiling water and making tea. They are more convenient than using a kettle and stove, as they boil water quickly and make tea at the same time. It is easy to clean them. Below are the steps for how to clean electric kettle with vinegar:
- Begin by filling your kettle halfway with equal parts water and white vinegar.
- Bring the kettle to a boil, then turn it off (if it does not shut off automatically) and leave the water and vinegar combination in the kettle for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After using the water and vinegar, discard them.
How to make tea or coffee using an electric kettle
To make a cup of tea or a pot of coffee, find the right amount of water that is suitable for the number of cups or pots you’d like to drink/use.
- Fill the kettle until it reaches the mark on the side of the kettle where the level mark is located.
- Turn on the kettle and place the rubber seal around the top of the kettle so that water doesn’t spill out when the kettle starts to heat.
- Wait for the kettle to boil for five minutes. After five minutes, take the rubber seal off the kettle.
- When the kettle has reached the desired temperature (200°-212°F), pour water through the spout into the teapot or coffee mug.
- Stir the water once or twice while it’s heating. For a stronger taste, add more hot water as needed.
- Once the water inside the cup gets cold, remove the cup from the kettle.
- For a cup of warm coffee, turn off the kettle and let the contents cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour the cooled contents into a coffee mug.
- For a cup of hot cocoa, prepare according to instructions above and stir the chocolate powder into the warm milk.
- Let the mixture cool for 5 to 7 minutes before drinking.
Our Latest Post:
- The Best 3 Dough Rolling Machines (According to Amazon Customers)
- 30 Inch Gas Stove Top With Griddle Reviews: Which is the Best One?
- Can You Bake In An Electric Skillet? Yes! Here Are Superb 7 Steps To Do It!
I love cooking because it's so relaxing! I just put on my favorite tunes, and then get to work. First I'll look up what kind of food I want to cook, and find a good recipe for it. Then when the meal is ready everyone usually can't stop telling me how much they loved everything that was made. It makes me feel really accomplished knowing that people liked what I made for them!