Is Rice Cooker Bad For Health
- The radiation generated by the induction cooker is harmful to the human body. However, the radiation value generated by the rice cooker is only about 0.16μT. Therefore, the radiation produced by the rice cooker has little effect on the human body.
- The inner core of the rice cooker made of aluminum alloy has a protective coating. But with the extension of the rice cooker’s use time, the protective coating of the inner core will fall off. Because aluminum products are harmful to the human body, I do not recommend that you buy a rice cooker with an aluminum alloy core. You can consider ceramic rice cookers.
- The rice cooker whose inner core is made of ceramic material is good for human health. Ceramic is a safe inorganic material. The inner core of the ceramic rice cooker has good corrosion resistance, acid and alkali resistance and heat preservation. Therefore, the food made by the rice cooker with the purple sand core not only tastes good, but also does not harm your body.
An electric kitchen appliance used to cook rice. It prepares the rice automatically, knowing when the rice reaches the proper temperature, it will switch from a cooking mode to a warming mode.”recipetips.com
History Of The Rice Cooker
Rice cookers were first manufactured in the late 1800s. In those days, it was not uncommon for someone to spend 12 to 14 hours per day working on a farm. When the farmer wanted to eat, he had no choice but to boil or steam his own rice. A rice steamer was developed to make this job easier for him. With the advent of World War II, more and more people became aware of the importance of eating healthfully.
This led to the creation of many new healthy food products. Many people began purchasing pre-cooked, packaged rice which required only 5 to 10 minutes of preparation time. The first electric rice cookers were introduced around 1960. These early models were bulky, difficult to clean, and had very limited functions. However, during the next decade, a number of major improvements were made. In this article, we also have an article about tiger rice cooker review that you might want to read about it.
A rice cooker or rice steamer is an automated kitchen appliance designed to boil or steam rice. It consists of a heat source, a cooking bowl, and a thermostat.”Wikipedia.org
Purpose of rice cooker
The main purpose of a rice cooker is to save the time and energy of preparing a simple meal like rice by someone who is busy. Many people use their rice cookers to make fried rice, congee (a Chinese rice gruel), paella, risotto, and other similar dishes. There are several types of rice cookers, including: pressure, timer, keep warm, slow cooker, microwave and convection.
What makes a good rice cooker?
The first thing you should look for in a good rice cooker is accuracy. You don’t want your rice or any other food to be overcooked or undercooked. Therefore, it is very important the device have a thermostat. Most rice cookers have a dial that you must turn to select the desired temperature. But, there are also models with a digital readout.
Even better is a rice cooker with an automatic shutoff feature. This means the machine will automatically stop cooking your food if it is not ready. Another good quality is durability. You need a rice cooker that will last and continue to give reliable service. As far as looks go, you can get by with anything as long as it is easy-to-use.
What should you look for in a rice cooker?
Here are six important features to look for in a good rice cooker:
- A good rice cooker must have a tight-fitting lid. Lids made of glass or metal are preferred over lids made of rubber. Rubber lids tend to come off in the rice cooker during use. Also, a glass or metal lid is far better than a plastic lid. Plastic lids let gas escape when the cooker is heated which can be very dangerous.
- The body of the rice cooker should be constructed with a non-reactive material such as stainless steel or enameled cast iron. These materials are less likely to react to the chemicals used to clean the cooker.
- The controls should be located on the outside of the pot. This makes it easy for the user to see and reach them without having to remove the lid.
- The controls should be easy to read and to manipulate. They should have large, clear buttons. Use push buttons rather than levers or slides. Use a digital display instead of an analog one. An analog display gives a varying degree of resistance as the control knob is turned. This makes it difficult for some people to use the rice cooker. A digital display has only two settings; it is easy to read and manipulate.
- The rice cooker should have an automatic shut-off feature which turns off the heat source as soon as the rice is cooked. This prevents the rice from becoming burned or overcooked.
- The rice cooker should have a “keep warm” feature which keeps the cooked rice at a safe, low temperature for 30 minutes after the power is turned off.
- How To Season Hard Anodized Cookware? Superb 7 Steps To Do It
- Is Hard Anodized Cookware Good? 6 Superb Facts About This Kitchen Appliance
- How To Use A Coconut Opener? Superb 3 Steps To Use It