In this brief tutorial, you’ll discover how to clean an electric egg cooker safely, ensuring that any residue or grease is removed in order to maintain the egg cooker’s function and beauty.
You’ll need access to the appliance’s manual before you clean your egg cooker. If you’ve misplaced your copy, you should be able to find one on the manufacturer’s website.
WARNING: While the appliance is turned on, do not clean it. If the appliance has recently been used, make sure it is unplugged from the power supply and has cooled down. Do not submerge the egg cooker’s primary base in any liquid, including water. (The electrical components are contained in the appliance base, which is easy to recognize because it is connected to the power cord.)
- MicroFiber Cloth (We use: AmazonBasics Microfiber Cleaning Cloths)
- White Vinegar
How To Clean an Electric Egg Cooker Method
- Ensure the appliance is disconnected from the mains.
- Ensure the appliance is cool before cleaning.
- Dampen the cloth, then use it to wipe the body of the appliance.
- You can clear any mineral deposits from the egg cooker’s heating plate with the moist cloth. As with many egg cooker bases, yours may have a non-stick heating plate; do not use abrasive cleaning products on this non-stick surface as they may scratch it, impairing the unit’s effectiveness.
- Stubborn limescale: If you come across more resistant mineral deposits (limescale) that won’t come off with just a damp towel, dilute a tablespoon of vinegar with some water to assist speed up the process. Allow 30 minutes for the vinegar/water mixture to settle on the heating plate. Then clean the surface with a moist cloth.
- Soapy water can be used to clean the lid of the device as well as any egg trays that came with it. Check the appliance’s instructions to check if these parts are dishwasher safe. At the high temperatures that a dishwasher can achieve, some parts may become deformed. If the parts are dishwasher friendly, the lid and egg trays can normally be placed on the top level of the dishwasher.
Why I Use Microfiber Cloths?
When I clean something, I try to complete it as quickly as possible. Over the years, I’ve discovered that older cotton cloths tend to push dirt about and need to be replaced regularly, rendering them nearly unusable. So I was introduced to AmazonBasics Microfiber Cleaning Cloths by a buddy. I fell in love with them right away, and they’ve become an indispensable component of my cleaning arsenal.
Because of their construction, microfiber cloths are excellent in cleaning. Microfibers can be seen in these cloths when seen under a microscope, with some cloths containing fibers that are 1/100 the size of a human hair. Fine dirt and dust particles are easily captured by these microfibers, which are difficult to trap with ordinary cloths. As a result, fewer abrasive chemicals are required, and the possibilities of scratching surfaces are reduced.
Why Use Vinegar?
Vinegar especially white vinegar is a good natural cleaning agent. As a liquid vinegar contains about 5–20% acetic acid. Vinegar is used as a cleaning agent because of its aVinegar, particularly white vinegar, is an excellent natural cleaner. Vinegar comprises roughly 5–20 percent acetic acid as a liquid.
Because of its acidity, vinegar is utilized as a cleaning agent. The acetic acid in the vinegar aids in the dissolution of most mineral deposits on smooth surfaces, such as the heating plate of an best electric egg cooker. Because vinegar is highly acidic, diluting it with water before using it as a cleaning agent can lessen the risk of harming the surface being cleaned.
Now you already know how to clean an electric egg cooker guide. Cleaning an egg cooker is a reasonably quick and simple procedure that requires only a few supplies. Cleaning your unit on a regular basis will prevent mineral deposits from forming on the heating surface, ensuring that performance is maintained.
Shop & Donate
For every purchase in the month of March 2022, we will donate $5 from every transaction to a selected charity every month. Place your order today by visiting our store!
So, you can share this article about how to clean an electric egg cooker to others, so they will know the method of how to clean an electric egg cooker too.