What Is Non Metal Whisk ?
Non metal whisks are made to prevent scratches…
…on sensitive equipment. We frequently use them in the test kitchen for whisking and mixing dishes like pan sauces or roux in a nonstick-coated skillet or enameled Dutch oven. They’re constructed in the same way as typical wire whisks, but each loop is coated with silicone to be kinder on cookware. The result: less scratching, no sticking, and more control over your sauce. These whisks work well for all types of cooking—from sautéing vegetables to making emulsions. We tested three models from two brands and found that they worked equally well with both stainless steel and aluminum pots and pans.
How to Use Non Metal Whisks
To avoid damaging delicate surfaces when using a traditional wooden whisk, it’s best to start by scraping down any food stuck to the bottom of the pot before adding ingredients. Once you’ve scraped off what you can, pour your liquid into the center of the bowl then begin stirring slowly while moving the whisk back and forth across the surface of the mixture until it starts to thicken. This will help keep the batter smooth instead of lumpy. If you have trouble getting through thickened mixtures without breaking up the bubbles, try switching to an electric mixer.
Why You Should Buy A Non Metal Whisk
A good quality non metal whisk will last longer than its counterpart because there’s no need to scrape out stubborn bits of food every time you add new ingredients. It also won’t scratch your stovetop, which means fewer trips to the sink. Plus, since these whisks come built-in with silicone loops, you don’t have to worry about accidentally hitting yourself after knocking something over! They’re available at most major retailers including Amazon, Target, Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc.
Benefits of Using Non Metal Whisk
The best part about using silicone whisks is that they are cooking-safe and are eco-friendly which promises a safe cooking experience. We don’t mind saying that silicone is the reimagined and a much safer form of plastic, hence the durability. Silicone whisk is designed with higher resistance to temperatures, so you don’t need to worry about damage.
However, if you are using the silicone whisk at a higher temperature, you still cannot use it for a longer time because it results in succumbing. So, the drill is to use the silicone whisks at a medium heat level but if you need to use it at a high heat level, only use it for a limited time period to prevent succumbing. Overall, silicone whisks are lightweight and it’s not bad to have one in the kitchen. So far, we have concluded that non metal whisk or silicone whisks are durable, easy to clean, cost effective and eco friendly. In addition, they do not leave behind lumps in the dish unlike other whisks.
What Are Some Of Its Uses?
We should mention here that this product is used mostly for baking purposes; however, some people also use it for whipping cream, egg whites, and even custards. As long as you follow the instructions properly, you will get the desired outcome just fine. Some common uses include:
- Baking – When preparing cakes, pies, cookies, breads, pastries and many others, silicone whisks make quick work of blending together flour and fat. By simply dipping the silicone whisk into the mix, the batter instantly becomes light and fluffy.
- Creaming Eggs – For those who love beating eggs, it can take hours to achieve the perfect consistency. With non metal whisk, things go faster and easier, and the end result is always silky smooth.
- Making Custard And Meringues – Whether you want soft peaks or stiff ones, silicone whisks give you complete control over how creamy your custard or meringue turns out. Simply dip the silicone whisk into the base, stir vigorously, and remove right away. No waiting around for the process to finish.
- Mixing Dough – To create tender doughs, batters, marmalades, jams, jellies and soups, silicone whisks allow cooks to incorporate their favorite ingredients quickly and easily. Just grab the handle, dunk it into the ingredient, and pull straight up to combine.
- Scraping Off Food From Cookware – Because silicone whisks are heat resistant, they’re ideal for removing sticky foods like caramelized onions, tomato paste, ketchup, barbecue sauce, etc., from cast iron skillets, woks, and griddles.
Hi there! I’m a food enthusiast and journalist, and I have a real passion for food that goes beyond the kitchen. I love my dream job and I’m lucky enough to be able to share my knowledge with readers of several large media outlets. My specialty is writing engaging food-related content, and I take pride in being able to connect with my audience. I’m known for my creativity in the kitchen, and I’m confident that I can be the perfect guide for anyone looking to take their culinary journey to the next level.