Weber’s announcement that they would be releasing their first…
…Weber SmokeFire Pellet Grill Smoker sent shockwaves through the barbecue world.
Apart from some slick marketing from Weber, we had no idea what to anticipate.
Only a few people were given the opportunity to cook with…
…the product prior to its release, resulting in a lot of excitement and high expectations.
For nearly a month, I’ve been cooking on the Weber SmokeFire EX6.
Continue reading to find out if this Weber SmokeFire Pellet Grill Smoker…
…lives up to the hype or if you should pass.
Let’s hear the story about Weber SmokeFire Pellet Grill needs.
Words from Michelle
Living life as a housewife is fun…
…we are always in a situation where we can make food and stay in our kitchen.
I’m just moving to the new house yesterday and didn’t bring all of my kitchen tools.
I had a feeling that some stuff was missing, and yes I knew it!
I need Weber SmokeFire Pellet Grill Smoker for my bbq party.
but I do not know the details and advantages of…
…each Weber SmokeFire Pellet Grill Smoker product.
Finally I decided to read an article on the internet…
…about Weber SmokeFire Pellet Grill Smoker, after I understand the advantages…
…and disadvantages of each product, I ended up choosing one.
And now i had great SmokeFire Pellet Grill Smoker to help my bbq party!
Pellet grills, sometimes referred to as pellet smokers, are outdoor cookers that combine elements of charcoal smokers, gas grills, and kitchen ovens.”Wikipedia.
The weber brand is known as a wood seller for smoking meats.
They offer us a range of woods and varieties of mix pellets.
Recently they released a Weber SmokerFire Pellet Grill Smoker EX6…
…and it improves over time.
Here are the pros and cons of Pellet Grill Smoker EX6:
- Size: EX6 is ideal for smoking or grilling a large quantity of food at once! You could easily cook 30 or more burgers at a time, in my opinion. It also comes with a second tier rack, which further expands its cooking possibilities.
- Smoking Ability: Aside from the internal temperature of the grill not matching the display, if you set the temperature to where you want it for smoking, it works great. It emits a steady stream of mild smoke.
- Grates: While these grates aren’t particularly impressive, they do seem to stand up well. Better than some of the other grills I’ve tried.
- Meat probe: The Smokefire EX6 includes four temperature probe ports as well as a free meat probe. The meat probe is actually quite accurate when tested. The probe also connects to the Weber Connect App, allowing you to set an alarm for when the meat reaches the appropriate temperature. This is one of the App’s most impressive features.
- Pellet Hopper Sensor: If the pellets in the hopper get too low, this feature will sound an alarm. This is an excellent feature. Every pellet smoker, in my opinion, should have one.
- Pellet Drop Chute: It’s convenient to have a funnel on a grill/smoker to make changing flavor pellets easier.
- Customer Service: Weber SmokeFire Pellet Grill Smoker has been extremely helpful and eager to work with me to overcome these concerns.
- Temp inaccuracy: It’s not that the temperature will fluctuate while cooking; it’s that the temperature I set on the grill is nothing like the temperature I get inside. I understood that live fires are impossible to completely control, but I believe they could be brought closer than they have been.
- Grease and dust trap system: It’s a huge bummer that this design doesn’t work as expected. Grease management is significantly better on other grills in this price range. Furthermore, the Smokefire’s design appears to spew far more pellet dust into the rest of the grill than actually enters the dust tray. It appears to be a wonderful idea on paper, but it just does not work as described.
- Poor startup mode / no shutdown mode bypass: I don’t like not having a way to bypass these modes in case the firepot never got going on startup. With that said, Weber claims that an update is coming that will include an improved startup logic and re-ignite logic in case the fire ever goes out.
- Shelf/Food Prep Area: To put it bluntly, the shelf space is abysmal. It requires more food preparation space as well as more space to place a plate. Even though they aren’t the only grill manufacturers who skimp on shelf space, they don’t get a pass.
- Weber App: Currently, there isn’t much you can do with this app. In terms of grill app capabilities, this is currently one of the most basic.
What’s New From This Weber SmokeFire Pellet Grill Smoker?
The SmokeFire has the potential to be a terrific grill if you…
…are an early user and don’t mind going through some growing pains.
I believe Weber will work to resolve all of these concerns…
…and the grill will eventually become one of the greatest pellet grills available.
I also believe that the App will become more useful over time.
However, it isn’t quite there yet. Go for it if you’re willing to take that ride.
If not, I’d hunt for another grill or wait.
The First Wood Pellet Grill From Weber
We were pleased to finally obtain some specifics from Weber…
…after hearing rumors about this new wood pellet grill for quite some time.
The SmokeFire has a few unique qualities that appear…
…to set it apart from the competitors.
Finally a Pellet Grill With The Built-in Searing Capability
The term “pellet grill” has long bothered us…
…because these burners make far better smokers..
….and outdoor ovens. Simply put,
…most pellet grills we tested struggle to sear a steak effectively.
Improved Grease and Ash Management
Pellet smoker owners have always…
…had a difficult time cleaning up oil and ash.
The SmokeFire has a few interesting features…
…that appear to assist overcome these issues.
Pellet Hopper and Auger Design Reduce Jams
Weber SmokeFire Pellet Grill Smoker…
…has positioned the 22-pound pellet hopper in the back of the grill,
…which explains why the box on the side is so small.
This enables them to employ a shorter, inclined auger,
…which reduces pellet jamming.
WiFi Connected Smart Grill
Weber SmokeFire Pellet Grill Smoker has dabbled in this area…
…before with the acquisition and development…
…of the iGrill Bluetooth thermometer series,
…but this is their first true connected WiFi pellet grill.
The grill will connect to your WiFi,
…allowing you to control it using the Weber Connect App.
What an amazing product, right?
What makes we love them the most is that they offer a huge capacity to grill up your favorite food and they come up with a technology involved, a WiFi-connected smart grill!
It appears promising based on what we’ve seen thus far.
The ability to sear appears to be the distinguishing characteristic…
…that will set this grill apart from the competitors.
Weber has certainly played to their strengths here, and the Weber Connect…
…features appear to be on pace with the greatest…
…Weber SmokeFire Pellet Grill Smoker options from other brands…
…thanks to a partnership with a culinary technology company.
I’ve read that the size of the pellets may be a factor…
…but this Weber SmokerFire Pellet Grill Smoker work great…
…in all of the other pellet grills/smokers I’ve tried. As a result…
…Weber SmokerFire Pellet Grill Smoker now includes a free…
…hopper accessory that is designed to enhance pellet feeding.
Shop & Donate
For every purchase in the month of March 2022, we will donate $5 from every transaction to a selected charity every month. Place your order today by visiting our store!
- How To Fix Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
- How To Clean A Pull Down Kitchen Faucet Spray
- What Is A Dish Rack Used For? 7 Superb Usages Of Dish Rack That You Should Know