Why is my pellet grill not getting hot? A pellet grill is a type of barbecue equipment that uses pellets instead of charcoal. Unlike charcoal grills, they do not produce the ash and smoke traditionally associated with charcoal grills. This means you don’t have to constantly brush away ash while cooking, which is a time-consuming task.
Read this article until the end to know more about why is my pellet grill not getting hot. In this blog, we also have an article about best small pellet grills for the money that you might want to read about it.
Pellet grills, sometimes referred to as pellet smokers, are outdoor cookers that combine elements of charcoal smokers, gas grills, and kitchen ovens.”Wikipedia.org
What is pellet grill
Pellet grill is a type of indoor grill which uses electric heating elements to cook food. It is a very easy to use and clean indoor grill. There are different types of pellet grills available in the market, and they are available in various sizes, shapes and designs. The price range for these pellet grills varies from $200 to $3000 depending on their features and specifications.
If you are looking for pellet grill reviews then here we have some great options that will surely help you pick your best one. We will also cover top 5 best pellet grills and pellet grill accessories so check them out now!
Pellet grills utilize ignited wood pellets and a system of fans to heat food to a specific temperature, quite like an outdoor convection oven. Pellet grills can be used to smoke, grill, bake and even braise food.”Laura Denby, author foodnetwork.com
Why should I choose Pellet Grill?
- This pellet grill can be used both indoors and outdoors. This means that it will work even if there is no electricity. You don’t need any gas or charcoal lighter fluid with this pellet grill because it has built-in heaters that provide direct heat.
- This is an excellent choice of outdoor cooking. It comes with a digital temperature control system and all you need to do is put pellets into the hopper, turn the dials to set desired temperature and wait until the pellets turn white. When it reaches the right temperature, just close the lid and enjoy.
- It is made using high quality stainless steel construction and you can get it in two different colors: black and red. Also, since it is an all in one unit, you do not have to worry about separate parts such as racks, burners etc. It is designed to last for many years and comes with a 3 year warranty.
- You can easily assemble this pellet grill without any tools. Assembling this product is pretty simple. All you need to do is remove the cover and place the base inside the box. Then, insert the legs in between the bottom plates. Finally, attach each side plate by screwing it into place and you are done!
- The total weight of this pellet grill is only 11 pounds but when it is assembled, it weighs around 60 pounds. This makes it fairly easy to carry around.
Why Is My Pellet Grill Not Getting Hot
So, why is my pellet grill not getting hot?
- Not replacing the pellets on a regular basis or keeping the pellets in the hopper for an extended period of time has been the most prevalent reason for me. They degrade and get damp, so they don’t burn as effectively.
- Another issue for not getting up to temperature was when the fans were clogged when I realized I hadn’t cleaned the ash out of the fire pot for maybe four or five cooking. As a result, there wasn’t enough airflow to get the pellet grill up to a proper searing temperature.
- Another explanation might be the RTD or temperature sensor; as previously said, it’s a good idea to give it a simple wipe after each cook. In my experience, the sensor may go wild if it gets a little muck on it.
Consideration before buying
Before buying a pellet grill, you should consider a few things. Here are some consideration before buying it:
- Size/Capacity – If you want to feed more people than a regular BBQ grill then you should opt for a larger capacity model. However, if you just need to make dinner for 2 or 4 then a smaller size would work fine too.
- Fuel Type – Most pellet grills require wood pellets or briquettes. Some require lump coal (if you live in areas where you can access that). So always keep that in mind.
- Weight – A pellet grill could weigh anywhere between 15 lbs to 40 lbs. Depending on the size and amount of fuel that you expect to use.
- Storage – One thing that many people forget is that you will need somewhere to store it when you’re not using it. So look at what storage options you’ll need. Pellet grills typically come with a carrying case, which is great, but if you plan to take it camping or fishing, you probably won’t want to bring that along every time.
Our Latest Post:
- The Best Croissant Dough Sheeter for Home Use 
- The Best Dough Sheeter Machine Small for the Home Kitchen
- An Amazing Electric Dough Roller Machine / Sheeter Machine – Best Guide 
I love cooking because it's so relaxing! I just put on my favorite tunes, and then get to work. First I'll look up what kind of food I want to cook, and find a good recipe for it. Then when the meal is ready everyone usually can't stop telling me how much they loved everything that was made. It makes me feel really accomplished knowing that people liked what I made for them!