This week, I’ve been on a roll with my Bonfire Night treat recipes! I’ve got another chocolate dipped apples recipe to share after my adorable Unicorn Chocolate Apples and Edible Pretzel Sparklers.
This recipe makes darkly delicious firework apples – don’t they look lovely?
In my book, I’d written that diet is more important than half the battle in losing weight. I agree with that, but what I also said is ignore the pantry foods and put on an apple. Is there anything better than an apple? Here are two articles I recently read, both in USA Today and HealthPlace.
One is about an apple called The Health Room and the other is called Apples of Health. I hope you’ll both be pleased with the great recipes, ideas and news from the author. The author, Celso Camunez See, a professional Spanish-born chef, is the author of three cookbooks, two of which are cooking guides and the other one is a regular recipe book calledNorte de Nuevo.
This book is the result of his years of collecting recipes from restaurants and books. He has done a great favor for himself and others in the Spanish community with his great recipes. In his own home, besides working on Nuevo recipes, he spreads himself over a grill, a pot, a frying pan and a grill, always using fresh ingredients.
He says, “I don’t change things I’ve learned to cook, like I’ve learned to cook in the streets. But everything else, I’ve learned on my own, like over 30 years of being a professional cook and now I’m just continuing that.” With his great recipes, you may easily find something that you like. He doesn’t go for either cost-saving or cheap solutions. He bases his meals on good quality fresh ingredients and only the freshest produce.
The result is a fusion of flavors and creating a balanced meal. I’ve seen a lot of recipes come out of the internet. Some are very good, and some seem to be missing something in the ingredients. I’m not saying he has it wrong. He just has his own way of cooking, which is more than can be said for many cooks out there.
These dark chocolate dipped apples are a simple and enjoyable cooking project for children.
They’d be a lovely treat for a bonfire night party, or if you don’t celebrate bonfire night, they’d be perfect for New Year’s eve party food!
Firework Dark Chocolate Dipped Apples Recipe
Ingredients of Firework Dark Chocolate Dipped Apples Recipe :
- 300g dark chocolate
- 3 or 4 small apples
- hundreds and thousands
- star sprinkles
- mini rainbow chocolate beans
Method of Firework Dark Chocolate Dipped Apples Recipe :
- Prepare the best apples – wash and polish them, remove the stalks, then turn them over and firmly push a cake pop or lollipop stick into the bottom of each apple.
- Line a small baking tray or plate with baking paper.
- Break up the dark chocolate and place it in a microwave safe bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring between each one to ensure it melts evenly. Be careful not to overheat or burn the chocolate, heat only until just melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate into a small, deep bowl – a small pudding basin is perfect for this.
- Holding them by the sticks, dip each apple in the chocolate, turning them until they are completely coated.
- Allow any excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl, then place each apple on the lined tray, stick side up.
- Working quickly, decorate each chocolate coated apple with the sprinkles, starting with the smaller hundreds and thousands, then the star sprinkles then a scattering of mini chocolate beans.
- Place the apples in the fridge to chill until the chocolate is completely hard and set.
- Enjoy your Firework Dark Chocolate Dipped Apples!
Hi there! I’m a food enthusiast and journalist, and I have a real passion for food that goes beyond the kitchen. I love my dream job and I’m lucky enough to be able to share my knowledge with readers of several large media outlets. My specialty is writing engaging food-related content, and I take pride in being able to connect with my audience. I’m known for my creativity in the kitchen, and I’m confident that I can be the perfect guide for anyone looking to take their culinary journey to the next level.