Have you ever ask to your self, have I clean my fridge? When was the last time you cleaned your fridge or refrigerator? You may go several months between extensive cleanings if you follow a few easy techniques to keep a functioning refrigerator for that length of time. How often should I clean my fridge?
Cleaning the fridge is a dreaded task, but it needs to be spotless since it’s storing your food, right? Of course. In this article you will know the answer for it, and also in this blog, we also have an article about high end fridge that you might want to read about it.
Benefits For Cleaning Fridge
I am going to list some amazing benefits of cleaning refrigerator. So make sure to read till the end:
- The first and foremost benefit of cleaning the fridge is that it makes your food fresh again. If your fridge has been left untouched for a long time then chances are there would be an accumulation of various foods which could spoil your food in future. This can also happen when we forget about our refrigerators as well.
- When you clean your refrigerator, you are not only making your home smell good, but you are actually keeping away any bacteria from your fridge and thus, preventing any kind of infection or disease.
- It does not matter what type of food you have inside, whether it is fruits or vegetables or meat, but it is highly important that your fridge must stay clean all over so that no one gets sick due to the presence of harmful bacteria.
- Cleaning your refrigerator helps prevent mould growth inside your refrigerator. If your fridge is dirty then it will start growing moulds on its surface. And once these moulds grow they begin to release toxins into the air which further causes health issues like allergies.
- Since your refrigerator is always full of different types of foods, it becomes quite difficult to choose from them at times. But if you have kept your refrigerator clean and free from germs, then you can easily find out the best option among the available options.
- After cleaning your fridge, you can use it for longer period of time without having to worry about getting moldy food in it.
How Often Should I Clean My Fridge?
Never let your refrigerator to deteriorate! Simply follow our recommended refrigerator cleaning routine to keep your refrigerator clean and smelling fresh.
Make a point of cleaning jam jars, salsa containers, ketchup bottles, and other objects that tend to accumulate grime on the outside. This, in turn, contributes to the cleanliness of your refrigerator. Additionally, clean up spills immediately to avoid the formation of sticky areas.
On a Weekly Basis
Scan the contents of the refrigerator and discard any expired food. Is your milk a few days over its expiration date? Are there any expired yogurt cartons tucked away in the back? Discard them before they begin to stink up your refrigerator.
After 2 Months
Allowing an open package of baking soda to sit in the refrigerator absorbs smells effectively and affordably. Date the box and tuck it away in an inconspicuous location. Keep an eye on the expiration date baking soda’s odor-absorbing properties reduce after approximately two months, so that’s how frequently you should replace it.
After 3 to 4 months
When the time comes to thoroughly clean the refrigerator, follow these procedures to guarantee you don’t overlook anything:
- Empty the refrigerator of all its contents and discard anything that is out of date or that you will never use.
- Remove the crisper and meat drawers from the refrigerator.
- Wipe out the refrigerator’s shelves and inner walls using a towel dipped in warm soapy water.
- In the sink, wash the drawers with warm water and dish soap.
- Using a clean, moist rag, wipe everything down to eliminate any remaining soap residue.
- Dry all cleaned surfaces with a clean towel and reassemble the refrigerator.
- Keep a newly opened package of baking soda on one of the shelves to ward off such odors!
- Close the door and clean the refrigerator’s outside with a soapy cloth. If you have a stainless steel appliance, use a store-bought stainless steel spray to remove fingerprints and dirt.
Every 6 Months
Clean the grille at the bottom of the refrigerator with the vacuum cleaner and brush attachment twice a year. This increases airflow to the condenser, increasing refrigerator efficiency by around 3 to 5%.
- How To Fix Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
- How To Clean A Pull Down Kitchen Faucet Spray
- What Is A Dish Rack Used For? 7 Superb Usages Of Dish Rack That You Should Know