If your oven uses convection heating, whether for all of your cooking…
…or simply as a feature, it will utilize a fan to circulate the oven’s heat throughout the tub during the cooking process. So, how to fix convection oven?
What Is Convection Oven
A convection oven is one that uses fans to circulate air around the food, resulting in an extremely equal heat distribution. It can be used with any type of cooktop including gas and electric stovetops, induction units and even ceramic hobs. Convection ovens are often more expensive than standard models but they offer many benefits such as:
- Equalized temperature across the entire surface of the pan
- Evenly distributed steam which helps browning foods
- Reduced drying out of meats because there’s less time at high temperatures
- Faster cooking times
- No need to preheat before using
If you didn’t know how much does a convection oven cost, we also have the answer in this blog. The best way to use a convection oven is by placing pans on the rack below where you want them to bake. This allows the fan to circulate the heated air evenly over the whole top area of the baking dish. If you don’t have enough space above the racks to fit multiple dishes then place smaller items directly onto the bottom shelf so that the fan circulates through the lower part of the oven instead. In this blog, we also have commercial convection oven that you might wat to see.
How to Avoid Burn Marks When Using a Convection Oven
When you first start to bake something in a convection oven make sure that the fan isn’t set too high; this could result in uneven temperature distribution within the oven and cause burns due to overheating. You should also keep an eye on the temperature gauge while you’re cooking – if it gets too low, turn up the thermostat until it reaches the desired setting. When the timer goes off, remove the item from the oven immediately to prevent burning.
What Is the Worst-Case Scenario for a Convection Oven?
The electrical cord could be in need of replacement. There is a possibility that the timer, selector switch, temperature control shaded-pole motor, heating element, fan thermostat, or thermal cutoff will fail.
How To Fix Convection Oven
Due to the fact that a convection oven is an electrical appliance, the best method for testing its components is to use a multimeter.
- If the oven does not heat and the on-off light does not work, check the outlet for power and then the electrical cord. Following that, perform a test of the appliance’s controls.
- If the oven does not heat and the on-off light works, check the controls, motor, and heating element of the appliance.
- If the oven heats but the fan does not operate, perform a motor test. Examine the fan for obstructions.
- If the oven overheats or burns food, check the thermostat and thermal cutoff.
- If the oven does not automatically shut off, check the temperature control.
Because each convection oven type is slightly different, see your owner’s manual for information on individual components, part numbers, and troubleshooting recommendations. The instructions in this section are for conventional convection ovens.
What Do I Need to Repair a Convection Oven?
If the oven is no longer covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, you can obtain replacement components directly from the manufacturer or from a major appliance parts source. You’ll need the following tools to perform basic repairs:
- Wrench that is adjustable
How Do I Repair a Convection Oven?
To have access to any of the components, the convection oven must first be disassembled. Dismantling a convection oven:
- Disconnect the oven. Door, shelves, and all control knobs should be removed. Remove screws from under the timer knob and around the front housing’s borders. Remove the housing from the control panel. Before completely removing the housing, disconnect the light.
- To remove the selector switch from the panel base, loosen any screws and metal tabs that secure the switch to the panel base.
- To remove the timer, loosen any screws that are holding it in place.
- Unscrew the locking ring around the temperature control spindle to remove the temperature control.
- The base of the unit should be slid forward and then lifted over the control panel.
- Remove any screws from the outer housing, then grip and remove the housing.
- Internal components should be inspected and replaced as necessary, pursuant to the owner’s manual or a manufacturer-supplied parts diagram.
Our Latest Post:
- Can You Press Tofu Overnight? Yes! Superb 7 Benefits Of Tofu That You Should Know
- Is A Tofu Press Worth It? 5 Superb Considerations Before You Buying This Tool
- Do I Need A Tofu Press? Superb 7 Benefits That You Can Get From This Tool