Do you love grilling using griddle but don’t know how to use an outdoor griddle?
Don’t worry in here you will know how! The grill’s long reign as outdoor cooking champion may be coming to an end. Consider everything you love about barbecuing on your charcoal or gas grill quickness, simplicity and great flavor.
Now remove many of the drawbacks, and you’ve got the outdoor griddle. The versatile tool can do double duty for breakfast, lunch and dinner, bringing a new level of convenience to backyard entertaining. And it doesn’t require any special skills to operate. It just needs some hot coals in front of it or using gas. In here we have a review about best outdoor griddles on amazon that you might want to see.
This griddle has been around since 1875 but its popularity exploded after WWII with soldiers returning from overseas and discovering how easy it was to make their favorite foods at home. This model features a stainless steel body that will not rust and comes complete with two side shelves so you can keep all those ingredients organized while they simmer away. There’s also a built-in thermometer to monitor temperatures during cooking.
A griddle is basically a flat surface used to heat up and fry eggs, pancakes, sausages, fish, etc. They come in different sizes ranging from small ones suitable for frying only 2 pieces per batch to larger models which allow you to prepare more than 4 items at once. We recommend choosing a large size if you plan to serve several people because it allows them to get enough space between each slice/piece without having to move too much. A good quality griddle should last longer than others. Most manufacturers guarantee 3 years but we would advise buying a few extras simply in case!
How To Use An Outdoor Griddle
Here is the steps to use outdoor griddle
- You need to preheat the griddle by placing metal pans directly onto the heating element. Once heated, place the first item on the pan and wait until it turns golden brown. Remove the item carefully and repeat process till all the required number of batches are ready.
- If you want to add veggies to your meal then cut them into desired shapes and put them on the griddle. Cook them until tender and crispy.
- For meat dishes, either marinate chicken or beef beforehand and sear them on high temperature. Then lower the heat and let them cook slowly.
- When serving, spread butter or margarine on top of the dish and flip it over gently to ensure even distribution of melted fat throughout the entire product. Serve immediately.
- Cleaning: After every use wipe down the griddle with warm water and soap. Dry thoroughly and clean again if necessary. Keep a spray bottle filled with vinegar handy to prevent buildup of grime.
- Always remember to wear safety glasses and gloves when handling hot surfaces. Make sure children don’t play near griddles. Also avoid putting heavy objects on top of griddles.
- Never leave burning embers unattended. Properly dispose of ashes. Do NOT throw them out of windows or doors.
- Don’t forget to store griddles properly. Store upright against wall or table where air circulates freely. You need to keep griddle from rusting!
Disadvantages of Outdoor Griddle
What are these drawbacks? For one thing, they don’t have those nice big flames that make grilling so much fun. But there is a way around this problem: A propane torch will create enough heat to cook with. You will also need a sturdy surface like cast iron if you want to sear food over direct flame.
Another drawback is that most outdoor griddles aren’t designed to handle large quantities of food at once; they tend to work best when used one-at-a-time. Finally, they usually lack counter space for serving foods directly from them. So what does all this mean?
Well, for starters, you can grill almost anything outdoors without having to worry about flareups or messy cleanup. Plus, since you won’t need to move heavy pots and pans, you can get more done during peak meal times. Most important, though, is how easy it is to set up camp right outside your door. Because no matter where you live, you likely already own a barbecue grill. All you need now is a convenient place to put it and that could be anywhere.
Our Latest Post:
- The 5 Best Amazon Electric Portable Cookers
- The Best Electric Portable Cookers In 2022
- Coffee Machine Caddy White – What is It? Comprehensive Guide for Learning About It
I love cooking because it’s so relaxing! I just put on my favorite tunes, and then get to work. First I’ll look up what kind of food I want to cook, and find a good recipe for it. Then when the meal is ready everyone usually can’t stop telling me how much they loved everything that was made. It makes me feel really accomplished knowing that people liked what I made for them!