How to store pan lids? Pan lids are becoming more and more popular and it’s important to know how to store pan lids. They can be stored in the fridge, freezer or on a cool cupboard shelf, but the right way to store your pan lids will depend on their type. In this blog, we also have an article about pan lid that you might want to read about it.
A lid, also known as a cover, is part of a container, and serves as the closure or seal, usually one that completely closes the object.”wikipedia.org
What is Pan Lids
A pan lid is a device that is used to cover the top of a pan. It can be used to steam vegetables, cook eggs, and keep the food warm. A pan lid also acts as a strainer for cooking certain foods. We also have an article about how to measure pan lid size that you might want to read about it.
The lids of which we are talking about are technically cooking optimizers, they allow you to cook without fat and preserving the organoleptic qualities of the food.”Carmen Granata, author from homexyou.com
Types of pan lid
There are many different types of pans with lids. If you are looking for something specific, you can look for it on the internet. You should know what type of pan your use and how much space there is. Then you will know which size lid would work best for you. Some pans have an opening in the middle so the food does not get overcooked because of steam building up inside.
You may want to find a lid made just for that purpose if this is the case. The more common pans usually come with one piece lids and they screw onto the pan. These lids are easy to clean and are inexpensive . They do not have any holes or openings but they still act as good strainers. You can put your hand through the hole and push out any bits of food that might fall into the pan and make a mess.
Benefits of pan lid
The benefits of using a pan lid include:
- Keeping food warm – There is no need to turn the stove off after heating food on the stove because you can simply place some foil over the pan and it will stay hot while you prepare other things.
- Storing leftovers – When you bake a casserole or lasagna you often throw away the pan when you are done making the dish. Well, by covering the pan with a plate you can easily turn it into a storage container for leftover meals. This way you don’t waste anything and you can eat at least half of the meal later.
- Steam control – Most people like their food steaming so having a lid makes it easier to cook without ending up burning the food.
- Easy cleanup – Covering the pan allows you to wash the pan right away. No washing all those dishes!
- Easier handling – Putting a lid on the pan makes it more manageable to handle and less likely to spill.
- Keeps heat in – Since the lid keeps the heat in, you won’t end up with burned food by accident.
- Improves taste – Steaming food helps preserve the flavor.
How to store pan lids?
So, how to store pan lids? Pan lids can be stored on a cool or warm place. If you have refrigerated them, it’s better that they are not exposed and have an even temperature before heading into the fridge.
When placing them in the freezer for storage, ensure that their surfaces don’t touch each other due to condensation material and places paper towel between so it doesn’t damage the lid too.
Avoid putting the lids directly on solid objects such as metal cans and plastic containers since it could cause breakage. Also avoid putting them on shelves above glass items. Glass items tend to shatter if placed against cold or heated surface.
How long does a pan lid last?
If you properly store your pan lids and check on them regularly, then they tend to last longer than most kitchen utensils. However, if you leave them exposed to extreme temperatures, they will wear faster. For example, if you were to put them in the freezer instead of storing them in the refrigerator, they would last longer.
If you plan on reusing them after awhile, you shouldn’t worry about the color of the lids fading away. Just wipe off any stains and dry the lids properly before storing them again. Another thing to remember is that you should never reuse stainless steel lids. Reuse of these materials can lead to contamination. So if you use them frequently, make sure you throw them away after a few uses. Cookware stores have a wide variety of different kinds of pans with lids available. Look around online to see what options are available to you.
Pan Lid Storage Tips
If you plan to reuse the pan lid after storing it for a few months, consider keeping it in a sealed plastic bag. This will prevent the food inside from getting contaminated. Also, try to clean the lid well before reusing it. Make sure there aren’t any crumbs or bits of food stuck on it. Once cleaned, dry it completely. After drying, spray it with a little vegetable oil to keep it from sticking together.
For other kinds of pans such as baking sheets, you might notice that you cannot remove the whole pan lid. Try pressing down gently on the edges and lifting it out carefully. You may need to get some help from someone else to help lift it and hold it while removing.
Our Latest Post:
- Savory Secrets: How To Thicken Chili Like a Pro
- Glass Baking Dilemma: Can You Bake Banana Bread in Glass Pans?
- Electric Egg Boiler Disadvantages To Know: In-Depth Analysis
Hi there! I’m a food enthusiast and journalist, and I have a real passion for food that goes beyond the kitchen. I love my dream job and I’m lucky enough to be able to share my knowledge with readers of several large media outlets. My specialty is writing engaging food-related content, and I take pride in being able to connect with my audience. I’m known for my creativity in the kitchen, and I’m confident that I can be the perfect guide for anyone looking to take their culinary journey to the next level.