Kitchen Utensils Egg Slicer
…that help you cut eggs into slices. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, but they all work the same way: You place an uncooked or partially cooked egg on top of them, then press down with your thumb to break it up. The result is perfectly sliced eggs ready for use. Most people prefer using this method instead of cutting their own because it’s easier than peeling raw eggs. However, if you don’t have one, we’ve got some other ways to slice hard-boiled eggs so you can still enjoy them! We’ll show you how to make perfect rounds of hard boiled eggs without having to peel them first.
How Do I Use My Egg Slicer?
- Step 1: Break apart your hard-cooked eggs by tapping them lightly against each other until they crack open. This will allow air inside the shell to escape as well.
- Step 2: Place the cracked eggs onto the center of the slicer plate. If necessary, gently tap the bottom edge of the slicer to get rid of any cracks.
- Step 3: Press firmly with your thumbs over the entire surface of the plate. It should flatten out the egg slightly before breaking it apart. Repeat these steps for several more eggs at once.
Why does my Egg Slicer not always produce evenly sized pieces?
If your egg slicer doesn’t seem to be working properly, there may be something stuck between the plates. Remove whatever object is causing the problem and try again.
Can I use my Egg Slicks to remove shells from eggs?
Yes! Use our Egg Slick tool to quickly clean off the sticky yolk residue left behind after cooking. Simply apply pressure along the edges of the slicer plate and slide the tool back and forth across the eggshells.
Is there anything else I need to know about slicing eggs?
The best thing to remember when making egg cuts is to keep your fingers away from the blade while pressing down. Also, avoid placing too many eggs on the slicer plate at once; doing so could cause unevenly shaped pieces.
5 Uses of Kitchen Utensils Egg Slicer
- Mushrooms. Mushrooms may be used in nearly every savory cuisine! I like to sauté them with onions to top a steak, and we use them in a variety of pasta recipes and stir fry. They’re also good with salads and pizza.
- Strawberries. Strawberries may be used in fruit salads as well as peanut butter and jelly pies. Make strawberry fans to decorate ice cream sundaes, brownies, or any dessert. To make the fans, cut a strawberry from the pointed end all the way up to the top, stopping just short of the leaves. Gently separate the pieces into a fan form.
- Fresh mozzarella.If your cheese is still fresh, a knife (even a very sharp one) will squish it. A cheese slicer can provide you with exactly uniform pieces of cheese for your pizza or salad.
- Olives. In an egg slicer, both green and black olives will slice evenly. Salads, pizza, tacos, spaghetti, burritos, and a variety of other recipes (such as torta rustica) call for sliced olives.
- Avocado. Avocado slices are well on sandwiches, both hot and cold. Nothing beats some creamy avocado over a grilled cheese or even a simple ham sandwich.
Egg Slicer Tip For You
Did you know the egg slicer can also be used to cut these foods? If you slice an egg (or any item from the list), then turn it horizontally 90 degrees (14 of a turn) and slice it again, you’ll get equally cut sticks of the food. You’ll have diced the food if you flip it 90 degrees vertically.
I love cooking because it's so relaxing! I just put on my favorite tunes, and then get to work. First I'll look up what kind of food I want to cook, and find a good recipe for it. Then when the meal is ready everyone usually can't stop telling me how much they loved everything that was made. It makes me feel really accomplished knowing that people liked what I made for them!