I’ve never been one to follow the current health food trend. I rarely go to the gym, and I’m not sure I believe in “juicing” – after all, if you want the nutrients from a carrot, you need the fiber, right?
It’s not just the water that’s been squeezed out of it, so consume the whole thing.
But, after hearing how effective the Duchess of Cambridge’s “secret weapon,” the NutriBullet, was, I decided to give it a try.
The NutriBullet’s USP is that it combines fruits and vegetables rather than juicing them, allowing you to digest the skins (which are frequently the healthiest bits) as well as the flesh and water.
The blades can also ground nuts and seeds, allowing you to incorporate a variety of vitamins, minerals, and food groups into the mix. All NutriBullet juicer blends must contain at least 50% leafy greens (such as Swiss chard, spinach, kale, and others), ensuring that your fruit sugars are always balanced.
I opted against doing a full “detox” (I don’t want to go without coffee for five days), but I would try the NUTRi introductory five-day plan to see how introducing juices into my regular diet would affect me.
Would I still reap the benefits of the NutriBullet juices if I didn’t give up wine and other alcoholic beverages? I landed on two juices per day as a kind of NutriBullet-plan-for-the-normal-woman. I had one juice for breakfast and the other for lunch, and I ate dinner normally.
NutriBullet sent me ten recipes to sample throughout the course of my five-day trip. Each was created to address a unique issue: improved skin, antioxidants, weight control, immunity, you get the idea…
I kept track of what blends I drank during the week, describing the ingredients, how full I felt, and how delightful they were. This information can be found in the gallery below.
Shop & Donate
For every purchase in the month of March 2022, we will donate $5 from every transaction to a selected charity every month. Place your order today by visiting our store!
- If you don’t have a lot of disposable income, your NutriBullet ingredients will be costly, especially since the foods you have to buy for ordinary foods, seeds, etc. are all on top of your food. Certainly once you have a healthy kit, which costs roughly £50, without fruit and vegetables (matha powder, chai seeds, super green powder, etc.) it’ll last up to 3 months, but people with cash flavoring do not have 2 Nutri Bullet Recept Juices a day.
- The financial plus is that it costs £100 for the NutriBullet. Think like that. Think like that. It’s really a good blender, essentially, and if you wanted to buy one, you would see much more.
- I need to make sure that cleaning is super fast and pain-free when buying a food machine. I can’t explain how easy it’s to clean the NutriBullet, simply clean a cup literally. This is not just a winner in the hygiene department but I’m open for something to whisper, albeit it takes about two seconds to do it (which I usually do, of course).
- Yes, some of the dishes were not tasty to say anything, but the NutriBullet plan was a pleasure to follow. It’s very easy, you can just pick to follow your favorite recipes, and I find that I’ve less weary, my skin is less dry and I’ve taken healthier choices by introducing juices into my diet. Of course, I don’t know whether the antioxidants had any impact.
- A negative is the time to create the juices if the recipes for beginners are followed. However, once you locate those you enjoy, I can only suppose you would know them by heart that will make the whole procedure much quicker.
- I feel much less bloated and strangely lighter but I do not do so because of weight loss. Of course, this could be be because I know I’m proactive, but all that matters is how you feel, right?
- Choose six recipes to which you are going to stick and rotate. The trouble with making 10 distinct recipes over five days is that only one can have kale, only one can contain raspberry and just one can contain melon. You can never purchase kale with the leaf or raspberry with the raspberry or slice of melon, which means that it is all off at the end of the five days and that food waste is always significant. If you choose a few of your favorites, at least the same ingredients will contain them, which means that you maximize the use of food.
- Start off using spinach as your green base. I’ve always eaten a lot of kale and chard but having it raw in a juice is a different ball game. If you don’t work up slowly to it, you’ll risk being put off.
- If you really hate the taste of something, don’t be afraid to veer off the set recipes. Always replace greens with greens and fruits with fruits so the balance is maintained but you can play things up. It’s better to ban some blends than quit all together.