Have you ever tried to Pressure Cooker Whole Chicken?
Since I started using my pressure cooker, my life has changed dramatically….
It takes so little time to prepare everything and the flavors are out of this world!
I have been testing and perfecting this recipe for pressure cooker whole chicken….
I have finally figured out the magical formula…
…and I am so excited to share it with you.
I kept this recipe nice and simple by massaging and spreading…
…a compound butter under the skin of the chicken.
Take your cooking to the next level by paying attention to the little things!
A meal like this will always be a highlight for your family….
Before we continue, let’s hear my firend’s story…
This is Lyla’s story…
I love full roasted chicken and vegetables, so when I eventually gave in…
…and bought an Instant Pot last year, I knew one of the first things…
…I’d make with it was a whole chicken. Yes, I will pressure cooker a whole chicken…
That was a wise choice, as this Instant Pot Whole Rosemary Chicken…
…And Vegetables recipe was excellent! The chicken is more juicy than…
…any whole chicken I’ve ever cooked, and the broth has incredible taste depth.
Buying whole chickens and butchering them at home is easy, economical, and opens up a world of possibilities. It also can make you a better cook.Pressure cooker whole chicken
Ready to pressure cooker whole chicken?
Ingredients in Pressure Cooker Whole Chicken
It’s very easy to customize this recipe. Make this…
…pressure cooker whole chicken dish your own…
…by using your favorite herbs and seasonings! If you’re looking to reduce calories…
…try a dry rub. Scroll down to view the complete recipe and ingredients.
Looking for best instant pot pressure cooker?
we have compiled some reviews you can use as reference….
The ingredients for this recipe are as follows:
- Whole chicken
- Chicken broth
How to Cook a Whole Chicken in a Pressure Cooker
- Prepare the compound butter by mixing butter, garlic, herbs, lemon zest, salt, and pepper together.
- With your hands, create pockets between the chicken’s skin and meat when seasoning. Butter the underside of the skin with the prepared butter. Don’t forget to get breasts as well as legs.
- Pour the broth into the pressure cooker pot and pressure cook the chicken. Your pressure cooker’s wire rack should be the place where you place the chicken. Blend the remaining compound butter and brush half of it over the chicken. Cook for 15 minutes on the pressure setting. After the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for five minutes and then quickly release the rest.
- Using the air crisp function, set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Use the remaining butter to brush the chicken. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- You may use a larger or smaller chicken than I do. Pressure-cooking chicken for 5-6 minutes per pound is a good rule of thumb. When I tested the cooking times for chicken in a pressure cooker, I found that many recipes require too much time. The chicken will be perfectly cooked, tender, and will not fall apart when cooked with my method.
Or you want to make it with vegetables?
Pressure Cooker Whole Chicken with Vegetables Ingredients
- 5-6 lb Whole Chicken
- Steak Seasoning – To Taste
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 8 carrots- peeled and cut into pieces
- 6 stalks celery- cut into pieces
- 2 onions- cut into pieces
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- ½ Cup Cooking Sherry (or additional broth)
- Fresh Rosemary
- Salt and Pepper
This is how you do it!
How Pressure Cooker Whole Chicken with Vegetables
- Fill your electric pressure cooker halfway with broth and sherry.
- Combine the onion, potatoes, carrots, and celery in a large mixing bowl.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables after coating both sides with steak seasoning.
- Seal the cover and place rosemary on top of the chicken.
- Cook for 35 minutes on high pressure with the manual setting. Allow the warming feature to turn off.
- Quickly release the pressure and remove the pan from the heat.
Pressure Cooker whole Chicken with Vegetables Notes
- We love having electric pressure cookers on hand for those mornings when we forget to turn on the slow cooker. Yes, we have THOSE kinds of days as well.
- This Full Chicken with Vegetables- Electric Pressure Cooker Recipe has only been tried using a whole chicken. I’m sure a pack of legs or thighs would work, but I haven’t tried it yet. We like how easy it is to cook the whole bird and how much money it saves us.
- If you’re using an 8-quart Instant Pot, you might need to add a half cup more liquid to ensure that it reaches pressure.
Can you make it with frozen food?
Can I Cook a Frozen Whole Chicken in the Instant Pot?
The best type of chicken to use for this recipe is fresh or thawed….
A frozen whole chicken can be cooked, but it will take significantly…
…longer (60-70 minutes on high pressure), and a thawed or fresh chicken…
…will cook more evenly. Additionally, you won’t be able to pour…
…the flavored butter under the chicken skin.
When using a frozen chicken, a dry rub would be best…
…as in this Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Recipe from my friend Olena of Ifoodreal.
As well as the time for cooking different sizes of frozen chicken…
…she also provides some helpful tips like how to deal with…
…the bag of giblets that are stuck inside.
What are the benefits of a Pressure Cooker Whole Chicken?
You have a whole chicken ready in less than 30 minutes…
…which is just fantastic for a quick weeknight meal;
- Ingested with the most beautiful, delicate flavors, the chicken is extremely moist;
- If you keep the bones, you have about 8 cups of homemade chicken broth at your disposal with little effort;
- In addition to using it in other meals this week, you can also use the shredded chicken in other recipes;
- Is your chicken not going to be consumed within two days? You can shred and freeze smaller portions and just take them out as needed.
Now you already know how to pressure cooker whole chicken….
The quickest way to cook a rotisserie chicken…
…is in an Instant Pot Whole Chicken. Pressure cooker whole chicken…
…is extremely juicy, and the easy 3-ingredient chicken gravy…
…produced from the drippings is delicious. The ingredients are fairly basic…
…and you most likely already have everything you need in your refrigerator…
…and pantry. 1 whole chicken (4 to 4 1/2 lbs), chicken broth, fresh garlic…
…thyme, rosemary, and lemon juice, butter, and a few dry spices…
…were used in this recipe (salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder and paprika).
The seasoning combination produces the best taking grav…
…created from pan drippings and prepared in the instant pot….
Poured over mashed potatoes and sliced chicken, the gravy is delicious….
Will you try this pressure cooker whole chicken recipe?
Or do you have experience with pressure cooker whole chicken?
If you have more question about pressure cooker whole chicken…
…feel free to ask!
Our latest articles:
- Quick and Easy Bread Pudding Tricks – Simplify Your Baking (2023)
- How Smoking Cigarettes Can Affect How You Enjoy Food—and What You Can Do About It (2023)
- 4 Expert Tips for Food Freshness and Safety
Hi there! I’m a food enthusiast and journalist, and I have a real passion for food that goes beyond the kitchen. I love my dream job and I’m lucky enough to be able to share my knowledge with readers of several large media outlets. My specialty is writing engaging food-related content, and I take pride in being able to connect with my audience. I’m known for my creativity in the kitchen, and I’m confident that I can be the perfect guide for anyone looking to take their culinary journey to the next level.