Are you tired of getting your hands dirty when you throw something away? Touchless trash can eliminate the risk of coming into contact with germs and bacteria in your trash can. In addition to being more hygienic, touchless trash cans are also more convenient.
The key is to choose the right touchless trash can. Choose the right material, size, power source, and extra features for your home. There is such a wide variety of touchless trash cans on the market, where do you start?
It is our goal to simplify the shopping process for you. Are you ready to buy a touchless trash can? Here are our top five picks. Continue reading to learn more about how to select the best touchless trash can. Find out about the products you’re wondering if you should buy and get advice on using your new purchases.
Germs or airborne bacteria can accumulate in a trash up to 1,000 per cubic meter, so it’s best to keep your hands as far from the trash as possible.
Do You Need a Touchless Trash Can?
The lid of a touchless trash can opens automatically. Motion sensors are standard on most models. Waving your hand in front of the trash can automatically opens the lid. Low-tech touchless trash cans have a foot pedal. The lid opens when you press the pedal.
Here are several reasons to use a touchless trash can.
- Hygienic: Since you don’t have to touch the trash can to throw away your garbage, you are not exposed to germs, bacteria, and viruses that may be present.
- Savings: You won’t have to stop in the middle of cooking to wash your hands after you throw something away since you don’t come into contact with the trash.
- Touchless trash cans are ergonomic since you don’t have to bend or crouch to open them, so they are better for your back and knees.
- A touchless trash can often has a streamlined design that takes up less space in your kitchen or bathroom than traditional trash cans Wider opening: Touchless trash cans usually have wider openings than other garbage cans, so you can easily discard large items.
- You can lock a touchless trash can so that your pets can’t get into the garbage and cause a mess.
- In addition to being used in kitchens and bathrooms, touchless trash cans are a good idea for offices, where many people share a trash can.
Metal and plastic are the two most common materials used for touch-free trash cans.
Metal: Metal touchless trash cans are the most popular. Due to their durability and ability to avoid odors, they are extremely popular. Additionally, they offer a sleek appearance. Although stainless steel is the most common finish, you can also find metal touchless trash cans with brushed nickel, gold, rose gold, bronze, and even colored finishes.
Plastic touchless trash cans aren’t as durable as metal options, and they are prone to staining and odor retention. In general, however, they are less expensive, and they come in a variety of colors, including neutrals like black, white, and gray.
Touchless trash cans are available in sizes ranging from two-and-a-half-gallon models to extra large 30-gallon models. A 13 gallon kitchen trash can is a good choice if you’re not sure what size to choose.
To place a touchless trash can inside a cabinet, opt for a smaller model that holds four to seven gallons. If you have a large household that generates a lot of trash, a 15- or 20-gallon touchless trash can is a better option.
Touchless trash cans come in square, rectangular, oval, and round shapes. If you plan to use the trash can in a small space, a square or rectangular style will work best because you can easily tuck it in a corner. Touchless trash cans that are round or oval take up more space, so they are a better choice for larger kitchens and bathrooms.
Ease of Use
Touchless trash cans equipped with infrared motion sensors are the easiest to operate. The lid automatically opens and closes when you wave your hand or the item you are throwing away in front of the sensor.
Touchless trash cans with a foot pedal require you to step on the pedal to open and close the lid. While these models aren’t difficult to use, elderly people or those with disabilities or injuries may have an easier time with a touchless trash can with a motion sensor.
It’s important to know what features to look for in a motion sensor for a touchless trash can.
You can avoid accidentally opening the touchless trash can by choosing a model with an upward-facing motion sensor. It’s less likely to detect people and pets walking by, so the lid won’t open when you don’t want it to.
Waterproof: Look for a touchless trash can with a waterproof motion sensor. In a garbage can, it is common for liquids to spill, so you need a sensor that won’t stop working if it gets wet.
Select a trash can with a sensor that detects motion as far away as possible for the most convenient touchless operation. Consider a model that senses motion as far away as 10 inches.
Power is required for touchless trash cans with motion sensors. Since most models are battery-operated, you don’t have to worry about placing them near an outlet.
Nevertheless, some touchless trash cans also come with a power adaptor, which allows you to choose between battery and outlet operation. You can use the power adaptor if the trash can’s batteries die, and you don’t want to run out immediately to buy new ones.
Touchless trash cans with a foot pedal don’t need electricity to operate.
You can find touchless trash cans with a carbon filter that absorbs odors, so your garbage will not smell. You have to pay extra for this feature, but it’s worth it if you’re concerned about odors. You will need to replace the filter periodically in your touchless trash can, which increases the cost.
If your house has pets or small children, you should choose a touchless trash can with a motion sensor that can be locked. Most locking mechanisms are simply on/off switches for motion sensors. When the motion sensor is turned off, the lid won’t open, so garbage won’t spill on the floor if your pet or child knocks it over.
Shop & Donate
For every purchase in the month of March 2022, we will donate $5 from every transaction to a selected charity every month. Place your order today by visiting our store!
How Much Do Touchless Trash Cans Cost?
Touchless trash cans vary in price based on material, size, and other features, but you can typically expect to spend between $30 and $200.
- Inexpensive: For a simple plastic or metal touchless trash can, you’ll usually pay between $30 and $50.
- Mid-range: For a small metal touchless trash can with special features, you’ll usually pay between $55 and $100.
- Expensive: For a large metal touchless trash can with a variety of special features, you’ll usually pay between $100 and $200. In case you need more recommendation, we have small trash can on amazon you can check.