Why are stand mixers so expensive? Stand mixers are one of the most widely used kitchen appliances, making their way into many homes and restaurants all over the world. Their popularity is largely due to their ease of use, but they’re also expensive. In this article, we break down the four main reasons why stand mixers are so expensive. In this blog we also have an article about kitchenaid artisan mixer white that you might want to read about it.
For even greater versatility, a stand mixer can be a great choice. If you plan to make bread, large batches of cookies, or any type of dough recipes that require longer mix times, a stand mixer will be your go-to for gourmet kitchens and the creative home cooks alike.Kitchenaid.com
What is a stand mixer?
A stand mixer is a kitchen appliance that helps you to knead dough, whip egg whites, make cake batter and cookie dough, and mix food for dishes. It can also be used for mixing small amounts of ingredients. It is an essential kitchen appliance that helps you make food and is an indispensable part of the kitchen.
A stand mixer is definitely a larger investment for the home kitchen. It takes up significantly more room, is heavier, but has the power to easily tackle heavy-duty batter, bread doughs, and baking projects.Jessica Gavin, author from JessicaGavin.com
Consideration before buy
A stand mixer comes in different sizes, shapes, and styles. This is why they are priced differently. The price of a stand mixer varies from $200 to $1200. So what makes them so much more pricey than other kitchen appliances? Here’s some consider before buy it:
The first thing you need to decide when buying a stand mixer is which type you want. There are 2 types of stand mixers: hand held stand mixer and counter top stand mixer. A hand-held stand mixer is easier to use because it has less moving parts like blades or paddles. However, its use is limited since it needs to be held while using it. On the other hand, any model of countertop stand mixer will come with easy to use fixed blade or paddle attachments. These attachments allow users to easily blend their recipes without having to hold or move the mixer.
Stand Mixer Size
You should also take into consideration how large your stand mixer is. If you have a big family, then you may want to opt for a bigger size. For example, if you have four kids, it would be wise to get a stand mixer that holds at least 12 cups. Also, you may want to choose a model that is easy to clean.
Stand Mixer Style
Another important factor to consider is the style of the stand mixer. There are 3 basic styles of stand mixer: single bowl, double bowl, and triple bowls. Single bowl stands mixers usually consist of a base with one bowl on it. A double bowl stand mixer consists of two separate bowls that spin independently on the same base. On the other hand a triple bowl stand mixer consists of three independent rotating bowls that all spin together on the same base.
Stand Mixer Warranty
Depending on the brand and model of the stand mixer, you should know whether it offers warranty or not. Brands that offer warranty include KitchenAid, Bosch, and Cuisinart. Models that don’t include warranty are those made by General Electric, Hamilton Beach, and Whirlpool.
Why Are Stand Mixers So Expensive?
So, why are stand mixers so expensive? Here are the breakdowns for it:
- Superb Materials: The stand mixers are composed of high-quality materials such as solid aluminum, stainless steel, brushed, and so on. Regular and low-cost combinations are manufactured using low-cost materials such as plastic, etc. Similarly, plastic mixers are much too fragile.
- Multi-Functional: Stand mixers can accomplish a variety of tasks with ease. With a stand mixer, you can easily create cookies, cream, bread, and other baked goods. The stand mixers are so quick that you can whip up pizza dough or anything else in no time.
- Powerful Machines/Motors: Most stand mixers include a powerful motor that can mix any substance. A stand mixer’s powerful engine allows it to execute any work quickly and effectively. Quality and greatest stand mixers will do these types of duties frequently without being harmed. A good stand mixer has a lengthy lifetime, lasting roughly 3-5 years.
- Stand mixers are substantially more durable due to the materials they are made of. Obviously, you can get a cheap mixer for a low price. It can provide you with enough service, but how long will it last? Doubtful.
- High Weight: Weight is also an important factor in determining the quality of a machine. Because it is normal for inexpensive mixers to utilize materials such as plastic, whereas stand mixers employ high-quality materials such as aluminum. As a result, the weight of a cheap combination will be light; similarly, the weight of a quality stand mixer will be hefty.
- Convenience: You can quickly combine anything with a stand mixer (without making things messy). Furthermore, the stand combination has a good constructed quality and is regularly useful. It may be used at various speeds. The best stand mixer also offers some extra functions, such as timers, automatic shut-off after completing a task, and other extra options. When something is significantly more handy, it is, by definition, more costly.
- Not only for mixing: High-end stand mixers may also be used as a pasta roller or an ice cream maker. You can’t even think of cooking these delicate dishes with a cheap mixer.
- Better Results: When making cookies, cake batter, whipping cream, ice cream, bread dough, and other similar items, a stand mixer will provide better interim culinary mixers. The finishing quality is the greatest in any mixer.
Our Latest Post:
💻 Pineapple Corer | Grill Pan | Potato Ricer
Hi there! I’m a food enthusiast and journalist, and I have a real passion for food that goes beyond the kitchen. I love my dream job and I’m lucky enough to be able to share my knowledge with readers of several large media outlets. My specialty is writing engaging food-related content, and I take pride in being able to connect with my audience. I’m known for my creativity in the kitchen, and I’m confident that I can be the perfect guide for anyone looking to take their culinary journey to the next level.